How do I find the IP Address for my Fuze?

OP groversdad

4th January 2010, 08:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I just bought a Win7 PC and I'm hoping to migrate from XP. I have the beta copy of Office 2010 and am trying to use my old AT&T Fuze (without a Sim card) to test the operation before I commit to using it with my new Tilt2.

On my XP machine, everything is fine with Activesync and AVG 8.5, but on the Win7 PC, with WMDC and AVG 9.0, I keep getting Sync Center error "ActiveSync encountered a problem on the desktop" and on the device error "0x85010014".

I've been working with AVG to solve the problem (which seems to be AVG related), and they've asked me to set up my phone as a "safe network" within their system. In order to do that I need the "IP address" for my phone, which they said I could get by "contacting my vendor". I don't know if that would be Sony (my PC), AT&T, HTC or Microsoft.

I looked around in the device manager but I'm clearly out of my depth here. I understand I'm working across a lot of differences here: Fuze vs. Tilt2, Outlook 2003 vs. 2010 beta, Win XP vs. Win7, Activesync vs. WMDC, and ordinarily I'd try eliminating one at a time, but AVG seems to think that setting up the phone this way will work.

If anyone could help I'd appreciate it.
6th January 2010, 01:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 37

447 posts
More
I'm not totally sure about this, but I'd be real surprised if your phone gets an IP address when you connect it to your computer via USB to Activesync. I'm pretty sure that Windows just sees it as a mounted device.

If AVG thought your phone could have been added as a safe network in AVG, AVG should have prompted you when the device was connected.

Did you try Googling "activesync 0x85010014"? There are a lot of persons getting this error code. Some of them relate to Exchange Sync, which isn't your issue, but there are others as well.
6th January 2010, 06:25 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

84 posts
More
Try this link.
http://whatismyipaddress.com/
6th January 2010, 11:47 PM   |  #4  
Flag Valle de San Isidro
Thanks Meter: 12

243 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan

I'm not totally sure about this, but I'd be real surprised if your phone gets an IP address when you connect it to your computer via USB to Activesync. I'm pretty sure that Windows just sees it as a mounted device.

If AVG thought your phone could have been added as a safe network in AVG, AVG should have prompted you when the device was connected.

Did you try Googling "activesync 0x85010014"? There are a lot of persons getting this error code. Some of them relate to Exchange Sync, which isn't your issue, but there are others as well.

Your windows mobile device does get an IP when you plug it onto the pc and running active sync, when used as mass storage it probably is like you say, mounted as a drive.
7th January 2010, 03:50 AM   |  #5  
Flag Sacramento, California
Thanks Meter: 6

1,064 posts
More
If you use Windows Mobile with the default "Enable faster data synchronization" box enabled (under USB to PC), Windows Mobile will use a RNDIS connection and thus recieve an IP address. You can find this IP address by viewing your network adapters on your computer (from the control panel). Alternatively, uncheck the "Enable faster data synchronization" box (found under USB to PC in connection settings) and that should also resolve the problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread