5,605,250 Members 39,114 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CLOSED][Q]ICS to XMP in beginning of April?

Tip us?

BudgyN1
Old
(Last edited by BudgyN1; 6th May 2012 at 08:14 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
Default [CLOSED][Q]ICS to XMP in beginning of April?

Has anyone got any news if Sony is going to release the ICS update they promised in the early of April? As they promised other Xperia 2011 phones ICS will be coming to them end of March, it doesn't look likely that XMP will be getting ICS soon? Has anyone got some recent news?
Please "Thank" my post if I helped
---------------------------------------------------
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500
ROM: Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 [4.3.1]
KERNEL: Stock CyanogenMod Kernel
Old Phones: HTC Wildfire, SE Xperia Mini Pro, Samsung Galaxy S3

davidcmc
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgyN1 View Post
Has anyone got any news if Sony is going to release the ICS update they promised in the early of April? As they promised other Xperia 2011 phones ICS will be coming to them end of March, it doesn't look likely that XMP will be getting ICS soon? Has anyone got some recent news?
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://blogs.sonymobile.com/products/2012/03/30/the-vans-around-the-corner-android-4-0-ice-cream-sandwich-software-upgrade-coming-to-2011-xperia-smartphones-starting-from-mid-april/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-vans-around-the-corner-android-4-0-ice-cream-sandwich-software-upgrade-coming-to-2011-xperia-smartphones-starting-from-mid-april
[...]

The first Xperia models to receive the upgrade will be Xperia arc S, Xperia neo V and Xperia ray. For these first models, the rollout will start mid-April and continue over 4-6 weeks.*

Following on, Xperia arc, Xperia PLAY, Xperia neo, Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia pro, Xperia active and Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman will receive their scoop starting from the end of May/early June.*

[...]

*The availability and scheduling of this software upgrade and specific models upgradeable to Android 4.0 will vary by market and carrier requirements.
Xperia mini, mini pro and Live with Walkman only getting ICS by end of May and beggining of June.
Damn it, Sony.

Someguyfromhell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1903

DONATE TO ME
A bit of looking in the General section...I didn't post this long ago
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1572875

phoneyericsson
Old
Thanks Meter 96
Well you probably read it around the same time so it's an easy mistake.

Yeah, 1 month delay. Looking at the beta roms (official) I'm confused about what the UI will be on the Mini/Pro. Will we have the ICS blue icons throughout, continue the SE UI, or a mix? I've seen a mix of all that on the betas available. I have loved almost every UI design SE has done. BUT I do NOT like much of the new Sony UI. Some of their phone designs are nice and unique, but I do NOT like their UI, I don't want it.

I just noticed that one of the final big features missing in the custom 4.0 roms has been fixed: the camera. Now I'm happy to download a custom 4.0, especially given the delay.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1434001
Constant-Reboot problems (2011) Xperia Mini: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post24249402
Last Method for fixing bricked (2010) X10 Mini: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1267587
Sony News Blog: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/
Sony Update Service: http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/...pdate-service/

Virtue doesn't seek reward - I don't ask for thanks I just like to help

krstep
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
I'm also really confused about many things.
First Sony said that the update was planed for end of April/Begging of may, now they are just delaying it
Also, I've never seen a beta ROM or a screenshot of the Timescape UI for smaller phones for ICS.

SE Xperia Mini Pro (SK17i ) | Xperia Tipo (ST21i) | LG Optimus Me (P350) | ZTE Racer (X850) |

BudgyN1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 79
So disappointed....I flashed stocked ROM and relock bootloader just to update to official ICS update but now I have to wait till end of May or even beginning of June....WTF SONY??!!?!
Please "Thank" my post if I helped
---------------------------------------------------
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500
ROM: Unofficial CyanogenMod 10.2 [4.3.1]
KERNEL: Stock CyanogenMod Kernel
Old Phones: HTC Wildfire, SE Xperia Mini Pro, Samsung Galaxy S3

acb123
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Sony just delays the update in 1 months so we can have our fun time with the custom ROMs around

metalrawk
Old
Thanks Meter 120
Update was delayed because of 3rd party certifications, maybe because they were busy in certifying Samsung and htc roms. 1 months isn't that long BTW.
Please don't use HUGE signatures.

dumraden
Old
Thanks Meter 385
1 month is not long at all. Should i remind you that the Xperia Pro (not the mini pro) was delayed around 8 months?

Besides, what is all the hype with ICS? You wont realise what is going under the hood, the UI will be exactly the same as it is now... Just because it is new doesn't mean its better, most of the times. Remember the bugs 4.0.3 had? the Changelog for 4.0.4 has some hundreds of changes to it from 4.0.3... So yea...
Device: Xperia SP
Kernel: Stock CWM Enabled
Rom: SPartan v1.0

Did you find what posted helpful? Thank me for it by pressing the "Thanks" button.
Did you find it arrogant and abusive? I couldn't care less.
The Following User Says Thank You to dumraden For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ashwinsadeep
Old
(Last edited by ashwinsadeep; 1st April 2012 at 02:27 PM.)
Thanks Meter 210
Sony have delayed the release of the ICS for the Arc S, Ray etc to mid april... So i guess we will have to wait a whole lot longer, more like mid june or something...
May be you should try some unofficial builds....
AOSP build by kamarush is really stable and i am using it on a daily basis... well xcept for hd recording...

Sent from my Xperia Mini using xda premium