Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,222 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flash Droid Charge to other CDMA network

Tip us?

shrike1978
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3094

DONATE TO ME
The SIM is part of the activation. Anyone who has ever gotten a warranty replacement has seen the activation process of the new phone is just putting your existing SIM into the new handset and turning it on.
My HTC Rezound Development:
CounterShrike (Heavily modified CM9 - Aroma Installer) - PAC-Man (CM10/AOKP/Paranoid Android hybrid) - Ermahgerd Kernel (ICS/JB AOSP kernel)

My smartphone history: iPhone (Retired) - iPhone 3G (Retired) - iPhone 3GS (Retired) - Samsung Droid Charge (Retired) - HTC Rezound (Dev phone) - Samsung Galaxy Note II (Current)

All of my work is open source: My Github
Donations are never expected, but always appreciated.

imagecolour
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I feel robbiejobs and others who are working on this have to make out a way to deal with the SIM rather than the other way around.If SIM lock can be broken i feel things will start working for other networks on droid charge

robbiejobs
Old
(Last edited by robbiejobs; 29th March 2012 at 07:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 50
The activation process in my country is a little bit different with the U.S (or maybe other country). All we have to do here is go to the Cellular Provider office, tell them our MEID or ESN and then ask for MDN,MIN and A-KEY. Next process is DIY, manually program your phone using QPST or CDMAWS. OTA activation is not yet available in my country ( limited to iPhone and some android phones at this time ) Unfortunately Droid Charge is using VIA Chipset, which is need a different software to program the phone. So far, I have found VPCT,VPST,and ETSMain which is made for VIA Telecom phones... too bad, its all old version and it's not fully compatible with newer VIA Phones.

For those who needed the driver, I found this driver from somewhere on the internet :

Code:
Select Code
http://www.mydroidfiles.com/downloads/TBH/SamsungFlashingUtility.7z
*credits to original uploader

My goal is still... to disable that control freak SIM Card another 4G-LTE Phone who uses Qualcomm chipset is already able to flashed to another carrier, because it's quite easy to disable SIM Card via QPST,DFS, and another CDMA tools.

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by imagecolour View Post
WOW , this is very good , thanks to you all who are working on it, can you please let me know the link to INTF2 driver or can you send a link for VIA Telecom USB Driver.

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

I feel the activation part is in The SIM, the phone is given a activation pulse from the sim when the phone starts. So by removing the sim i dont think it makes sense. insted we have to try and hack the sim and load the phone number and min from the sim.Or we should try to replace the number and min on the sim with our desired number and min.

I tried to change MIN and AKEY straight to the SIM Card, but it won't write.. DFS just give some CPS_ERROR ( I forgot the exact error message ).

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

What's Next ?

Help anyone ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to robbiejobs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

imagecolour
Old
Thanks Meter 11
WOW robbiejobs you are doing a great job, in fact the process in India is also almost the same for activation,We go to the service provider and get the MEID registered to their respective network and we later add the phone number to the network by either dialing *228 or the company outlet patches our number to the registered MEID .We just have to just enter MIN number and phone number on the phone . The phone starts working.
I tried to do the same what you have done through ETS but same error.
I feel when the phone starts it actually takes commands to initialize from the SIM. Switch on the phone with the SIM and when the phone is on just remove the SIM but there is no difference in the signal or it does not say that the sim is removed.I assume the sim is used to activate the phone on every start and just for 4G data, rest is all managed in the phone itself.
I noticed when you enter **debug you have a column called HDR/1X Selection, try to enter CDMA or EVDO instead of EHRPD

Here there are 2 options
1. we have to make a sim card which is like cloning the original sim card and later infuse our number and MIN and PRL.
2. We have to find a way to disable the SIM card control over the phone.

It is very much posible but we are not having the proper tools, hope someone helps us fast and soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to imagecolour For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robbiejobs
Old
Thanks Meter 50
@imagecolour

YES! This is possible, let's hope someone from Samsung or VIA Telecom leak the internal software for us..LOL

imagecolour
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I got few of these settings from another forum hope it helps
To enable Hidden menu, do the following:

Go into the Dialer and enter *#83786633 then press the Home key
Go back into the phone dialer and enter *#22745927
Now a box will come up asking for the SPC code. Enter 000000
Press the Hidden menu Enable radio button.

Audio Tuning
*#28346#

Full Bat Popup
*#3844228#
This allows you to disable the full battery pop-up.

HwCodec
*#0002*28346#
Audio path volume controls. Most importantly, it looks like there's a side tone adjustment.

Shutdown
*#7594#
This enables you to shut your phone off by long-pressing the power/lock key.

The most IMPORTANT:
Diag/Testing Mode
*#4636*1111#

Hope it helps and gives some light

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiejobs View Post
@imagecolour

YES! This is possible, let's hope someone from Samsung or VIA Telecom leak the internal software for us..LOL
Do you people think we may have to use a Gevey Sim or somthing like that on the Droid Charge like they use on an I-Phone
The Following User Says Thank You to imagecolour For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robbiejobs
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:

Do you people think we may have to use a Gevey Sim or somthing like that on the Droid Charge like they use on an I-Phone
I don't think it will work, but worth a try.. and here's more hidden codes from Samsung Indulge, some of them works on the Charge.

Code:
Select Code
http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-indulge/321837-hidden-codes-indulge.html

imagecolour
Old
Thanks Meter 11
i came across a site and they claim they can make Droid Charge work , somebody please check

http://www.dhakamobilebd.com/showpos...63&postcount=1

robbiejobs
Old
(Last edited by robbiejobs; 4th April 2012 at 07:22 AM.)
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
i came across a site and they claim they can make Droid Charge work , somebody please check

http://www.dhakamobilebd.com/showpos...63&postcount=1
It looks like an EFS Repair Tools, I will try that on my spare time. Thanks for the links.

However, I have a solution for EVDO data on Droid Charge and it cost around $30-$40. Check it out!

imagecolour
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiejobs View Post
It looks like an EFS Repair Tools, I will try that on my spare time. Thanks for the links.

However, I have a solution for EVDO data on Droid Charge and it cost around $30-$40. Check it out!
Hi, any success with EFS Repair????, i am more interested in Voice calls than data, if Voice works then at-least we can have 1X.

Tags
boost, metro, qpst