Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,793 Members 40,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AGPS Patch Desire S 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SATS

Tip us?

Forwox
Old
Thanks Meter 15
It took 68 seconds to connect to satellites and show location. Accuracy +-100 to 200 meters. Only one 5floor living house, other houses around much smaller.

HTC Desire S | HTC Desire
[ROM]MIUI 2.3.16 | [ROM] MIUI 2.1.7

Now Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001... update coming.

crypted
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forwox View Post
It took 68 seconds to connect to satellites and show location. Accuracy +-100 to 200 meters. Only one 5floor living house, other houses around much smaller.
Are you using a case? Do you have an internet connection to the phone?

Forwox
Old
(Last edited by Forwox; 30th March 2012 at 10:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 15
No, I am not using a case, only as it is. Yes, I have configured internet connection on my phone, but I use it rarely, so it's switched of all the time. Do you think that could be a problem, some kind of an ineterference?

Sent from my DesireS using XDA

HTC Desire S | HTC Desire
[ROM]MIUI 2.3.16 | [ROM] MIUI 2.1.7

Now Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001... update coming.

crypted
Old
Thanks Meter 4119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No, I am not using a case, only as it is. Yes, I have configured internet connection on my phone, but I use it rarely, so it's switched of all the time. Do you think that could be a problem, some kind of an ineterference?

Sent from my DesireS using XDA
aGPS requires data connections for the use of internet server assistance. Further, it needs to download local assistance almanac files at least once a day. Wifi and/or data is necessary.

mouzzza
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
By so far it means that if I want to have GPS I should go around MIUI and Cyanogenmod?
MIUI and Cyanogenmod are nice Roms. I like them much!!

But you'll have to know that MIUI v4 and CM9 are on Alphastate at the moment, and this will not change till devs get the HTC-kernel for our device! This will last till HTC is updating the DesireS to ICS!

MIUI v2.3.23 and CM7 based on Gingerbread are stable, there you won't have much trouble at all!
Device.....: HTC Desire S (S-OFF with revolutionary)
HBOOT....: 7.00.1002 Reengineered
Recovery.: 4ext Recovery Touch 1.0.0.5 RC6 (4ext Recovery Control 2.4.2)
ROM.........: MIUIv4.0 2.10.26
Radio.......: 20.71.30.0833U_3831.17.00.16_M
Kernel......: Amidabuddhas "Tweaked 8.5 Experimental"

The holy INDEX <-- all you need for DesireS

crypted
Old
Thanks Meter 4119

DONATE TO ME
Thread kind of updated to include a new device:
Asus Transformer Prime

This patch can be useful on devices that need the GPS XML file which is prevalent in non-Qualcomm chipsets. So, it can be used in other devices as well.

The new release has no effect on other supported devices unless it is a non-Qualcomm phone.

miwanr
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I try both version 2.2 and 3.1 on my Desire S but no effect, still hard to get satellite and fix (with GPS Status only get 1/1 fix/sats).

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

When i use custom ROM Virtuous Quattro RC3 on my Desire S GPS work fine. It can get 7/7 Fix/Sats with GPS Status. Anyone know how to get it work on stock HTC Gingerbread? I mean can I get some file in Virtuous Quattro RC3 to be patch to stock ROM?

crypted
Old
Thanks Meter 4119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by miwanr View Post
I try both version 2.2 and 3.1 on my Desire S but no effect, still hard to get satellite and fix (with GPS Status only get 1/1 fix/sats).

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

When i use custom ROM Virtuous Quattro RC3 on my Desire S GPS work fine. It can get 7/7 Fix/Sats with GPS Status. Anyone know how to get it work on stock HTC Gingerbread? I mean can I get some file in Virtuous Quattro RC3 to be patch to stock ROM?
Explain further. You tried to use this on WHAT ROM's exactly? Read the Notes Section and then the HOW TO POST section above it. Give us good information.

Sounds almost like you have GPS fixing apps installed like Faster Fix or something.

miwanr
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted View Post
Explain further. You tried to use this on WHAT ROM's exactly? Read the Notes Section and then the HOW TO POST section above it. Give us good information.

Sounds almost like you have GPS fixing apps installed like Faster Fix or something.
I installed agps.patch.google.build.nossl.v3.1.zip by Recovery on Desire S Android 2.3.5 Kernel 2.6.35.10-ga76c374.
I was once installed GPS Fix but it's uninstalled before using this patch.

crypted
Old
Thanks Meter 4119

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by miwanr View Post
I installed agps.patch.google.build.nossl.v3.1.zip by Recovery on Desire S Android 2.3.5 Kernel 2.6.35.10-ga76c374.
I was once installed GPS Fix but it's uninstalled before using this patch.
Have you tried any of the Notes? If so, which ones?

Tags
gps, lock, satellite, supl