Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q&A] Ubuntu on the Transformer (eMMC install)

OP lilstevie

30th March 2012, 07:03 PM   |  #1791  
Thanks Meter: 22

148 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnetto

The CrOS kernel can be used under SBKv2, but uboot can't. CrOS currently needs uboot because it doesn't seem to parse the partition table properly. I'll be working on fixing this soon, atm my TF is being repaired (hardware problem - nothing related to Ubuntu).

I just compiled the CrOS kernel this morning and was going to flash it later today.Good thing you mentioned that it cant read the standard android partition table. What exactly is the problem?
31st March 2012, 09:12 AM   |  #1792  
Thanks Meter: 97

317 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke1evraTi

I just compiled the CrOS kernel this morning and was going to flash it later today.Good thing you mentioned that it cant read the standard android partition table. What exactly is the problem?

I'm not sure - having my TF die kinda stopped all dev work in its tracks. CrOS actually has support for the Tegra-style partition tables, meaning it should be able to access the previously hidden partitions as well. I'll have to take a look at the source and figure it out - it could be as simple as changing one of the kernel parameters, but I can't really do anything until I've got a working TF again.
31st March 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #1793  

148 posts
I'm going to try to flash the kernel cros today keeping the stock tegra bootloader. Is there something I need to pay attention to to figure out what's wrong? Is there a log file generated that I could post? I know that my question seems vague but I searched both tf threads and the iconia thread and couldn't find an explanation of the problem.
1st April 2012, 05:04 AM   |  #1794  
Thanks Meter: 264

663 posts
Donate to Me
More
So just to let you know , the android kernel supports 3D it boots up.
but still needs some patching fb not working and display is like 90 % oke, anyway sleeeeeep
1st April 2012, 06:02 AM   |  #1795  
Thanks Meter: 97

317 posts
Quote:

I'm going to try to flash the kernel cros today keeping the stock tegra bootloader. Is there something I need to pay attention to to figure out what's wrong? Is there a log file generated that I could post? I know that my question seems vague but I searched both tf threads and the iconia thread and couldn't find an explanation of the problem.

Just the standard kernel output that appears as the kernel loads. Most people who have been using the CrOS kernel have been using uboot, so few people have noticed it. Unless you're comfortable editing the kernel source, there probably isn't much you can do, so you might as well just wait until I can take a closer look at what's going on.
2nd April 2012, 09:53 PM   |  #1796  

663 posts
Donate to Me
More
Ill post to night , kernel with 3D support and dualboot (NO uboot needed )

Whats not working->
Touchpad
sound
Last edited by Jhinta; 3rd April 2012 at 08:36 AM.
3rd April 2012, 06:21 PM   |  #1797  

148 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhinta

Ill post to night , kernel with 3D support and dualboot (NO uboot needed )

Whats not working->
Touchpad
sound

This is great but I am not sure what exactly you did. This is the android kernel, not the chromium one right? Is it a patched version of lilstevie's or is a new build, possibly based of ICS?
3rd April 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #1798  

663 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This is great but I am not sure what exactly you did. This is the android kernel, not the chromium one right? Is it a patched version of lilstevie's or is a new build, possibly based of ICS?

simply the latest Asus TF kernel.
til now i have patched and compiled it on my own .
3rd April 2012, 07:01 PM   |  #1799  

148 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhinta

simply the latest Asus TF kernel.
til now i have patched and compiled it on my own .

Awesome. I dont mean to be critical and I think all progress is great but why the work on the android kernel and not on the chrome one? I dont really understand the differences and so I am not sure why work on getting the android kernel to work if most people porting ubuntu to android devices (iconia, ac100, etc.) have been using the cros kernel?
6th April 2012, 02:45 AM   |  #1800  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,040

1,334 posts
Donate to Me
More
nVidia L4T rel15alpha breaks the interface yet again, L4T r12beta is the only pack that will work with the ICS kernel

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread