Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 43,531 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q&A] Ubuntu on the Transformer (eMMC install)

Tip us?
 
Ke1evraTi
Old
#1791  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 148
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnetto View Post
The CrOS kernel can be used under SBKv2, but uboot can't. CrOS currently needs uboot because it doesn't seem to parse the partition table properly. I'll be working on fixing this soon, atm my TF is being repaired (hardware problem - nothing related to Ubuntu).
I just compiled the CrOS kernel this morning and was going to flash it later today.Good thing you mentioned that it cant read the standard android partition table. What exactly is the problem?
 
rdnetto
Old
#1792  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 317
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke1evraTi View Post
I just compiled the CrOS kernel this morning and was going to flash it later today.Good thing you mentioned that it cant read the standard android partition table. What exactly is the problem?
I'm not sure - having my TF die kinda stopped all dev work in its tracks. CrOS actually has support for the Tegra-style partition tables, meaning it should be able to access the previously hidden partitions as well. I'll have to take a look at the source and figure it out - it could be as simple as changing one of the kernel parameters, but I can't really do anything until I've got a working TF again.
 
Ke1evraTi
Old
#1793  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 148
Join Date: Oct 2010
I'm going to try to flash the kernel cros today keeping the stock tegra bootloader. Is there something I need to pay attention to to figure out what's wrong? Is there a log file generated that I could post? I know that my question seems vague but I searched both tf threads and the iconia thread and couldn't find an explanation of the problem.
 
Jhinta
Old
#1794  
Jhinta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 624
Join Date: Dec 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
So just to let you know , the android kernel supports 3D it boots up.
but still needs some patching fb not working and display is like 90 % oke, anyway sleeeeeep
 
rdnetto
Old
#1795  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 97
Posts: 317
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke1evraTi View Post
I'm going to try to flash the kernel cros today keeping the stock tegra bootloader. Is there something I need to pay attention to to figure out what's wrong? Is there a log file generated that I could post? I know that my question seems vague but I searched both tf threads and the iconia thread and couldn't find an explanation of the problem.
Just the standard kernel output that appears as the kernel loads. Most people who have been using the CrOS kernel have been using uboot, so few people have noticed it. Unless you're comfortable editing the kernel source, there probably isn't much you can do, so you might as well just wait until I can take a closer look at what's going on.
 
Jhinta
Old
(Last edited by Jhinta; 3rd April 2012 at 07:36 AM.)
#1796  
Jhinta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 624
Join Date: Dec 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Ill post to night , kernel with 3D support and dualboot (NO uboot needed )

Whats not working->
Touchpad
sound
 
Ke1evraTi
Old
#1797  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 148
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhinta View Post
Ill post to night , kernel with 3D support and dualboot (NO uboot needed )

Whats not working->
Touchpad
sound
This is great but I am not sure what exactly you did. This is the android kernel, not the chromium one right? Is it a patched version of lilstevie's or is a new build, possibly based of ICS?
 
Jhinta
Old
#1798  
Jhinta's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 257
Posts: 624
Join Date: Dec 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke1evraTi View Post
This is great but I am not sure what exactly you did. This is the android kernel, not the chromium one right? Is it a patched version of lilstevie's or is a new build, possibly based of ICS?
simply the latest Asus TF kernel.
til now i have patched and compiled it on my own .
 
Ke1evraTi
Old
#1799  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 148
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhinta View Post
simply the latest Asus TF kernel.
til now i have patched and compiled it on my own .
Awesome. I dont mean to be critical and I think all progress is great but why the work on the android kernel and not on the chrome one? I dont really understand the differences and so I am not sure why work on getting the android kernel to work if most people porting ubuntu to android devices (iconia, ac100, etc.) have been using the cros kernel?
 
lilstevie
Old
#1800  
lilstevie's Avatar
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 1,030
Posts: 1,332
Join Date: Apr 2009

 
DONATE TO ME
nVidia L4T rel15alpha breaks the interface yet again, L4T r12beta is the only pack that will work with the ICS kernel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes