Jolla Tablet Announced: The Second Sailfish OS Device

A little over a year ago, Jolla released its first smartphone with the brand new Jolla … more

Android One Devices Get Unofficial CM12 Port

Android One was initially announced right before Android Lollipop. By releasing these cheap, yet … more

WhatsApp Decides to Protect Your Data

When Facebook bought WhatsApp for the absurdly large sum of $19bn back in February, they took the tech … more

Bring Back LTE on the Google Nexus 4 Running Lollipop

One of the predecessors of the latest, largest, and greatest Gooogle Nexus 6(theGoogle … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

error processing purchase in Android Market

OP Batmantis82

27th October 2011, 02:56 PM   |  #11  
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 57

136 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesyboy

I spent hours trying to fix this and finally came to the solution. Clearing the market cache and removing your Google account must be done concurrently. If all else fails, remove your Google account, clear the cache for the market, and clear all cache and data from all applications and services that use the market icon. This is kind of like hunting a rabbit with a bazooka, but it'll git'er done.

To re-hash concisely:

Be aware: if steps 1, 2, and 3 don't work, step 4 can solve your problem ( it did for me ), but it may cause adverse effects or problems ( I'm not sure ).

1) Go to settings --> Account & Sync --> Click your Google account --> and click remove in the upper right hand corner of the screen.

2) Go to settings --> Applications --> Manage Applications --> Click the "All Applications" tab --> and then scroll until you find "Market". Choose "Clear Data".

3) Make another attempt to download or purchase an app.

If you still receive the error message:

4) Repeat steps 1 & 2 , but in addition to clearing the market cache ( which happens in step 2 ), look for any applications that seem related to the market ( there were multiple services and programs I found ) and clear the data/cache for all of them. When this step is completed, your tablet will reinitialize upon exit. You may receive a notification or error.

5) Restart your tablet, click the market, and you will be prompted to add a Google account. Sign in and accept the terms!!!

:)

Hope this works!

cheers mate. I did steps 1,2 and 3 and market is working fine again
30th October 2011, 01:17 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

180 posts
it worked for me for a day and the issue came back again.

darn frustrating
9th December 2011, 11:33 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
I get no love with the Jamesyboy fix.

Seems a common enough problem, but no solid fix after all this time.

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:49 PM ----------

Found a real fix.

Install new market.apk from
http://www.arctablet.com/assets/apps...ket_v3.1.5.apk
and install.

Then hunt down and uninstall the old faulty market app.

To do that, if you click the "Market" label at the top right of the "Apps" screen the system will prompt you to complete action with...

That will tell you the name of the old market app to go find and uninstall.
10th December 2011, 02:00 AM   |  #14  
Flag Mulberry
Thanks Meter: 233

1,560 posts
More
The Market backend (not your Tab or other device) is the problem. They've been getting a huge response to those $0.10 apps, and it's revealing some issues with the servers.
31st March 2012, 05:56 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 123

536 posts
settings- privacy- factory data reset. then when it reboots wipe data for market. it's been working for me so far for a few hours. it hasn't updated to google play store yet tho, i don't know why and don't care as long as i can download apps.
25th August 2012, 08:26 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 8

31 posts
Market Legacy Will cause this
if you use the google play legacy app to see what apps you have installed previously it will break in-app purchases. Uninstall and wipe normal market cache
3rd January 2013, 11:36 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 2

2 posts
Also try clearing media cache
I periodically have the Google Play Store get stuck on "Installing..." when I try to install an app (JellyBean, different tablet tho). I've done Clear Data for it & the Google Play Services as suggested above. But what I also needed to do was Clear Data on Media Storage. I have a large (~40GB) side-loaded MP3 collection, and the media crawler sometimes gets bogged down causing problems for everything (including Camera, which is apparently connected to Gallery, which apparently uses the media crawler). Of course, after you do this you will need to be patient (and perhaps reboot?) while it re-indexes your media.
21st February 2013, 05:38 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
i see..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread