Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,678 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[THEME]STOCK-AOSP for ICS - UPDATED 6-25 *DS V3 & UP-MINOR UPDATES***

Tip us?

phoenix6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by raycaster3 View Post
Flashed the theme (nice job btw) but the systemui.apk is no good, at least it won't give me a status bar. All other themed apps were good to go. I had to pull the systemui.apk from Raver3X3 (thanks again buddy ) and push that to get a status bar. I flashed the theme two seperate times, wiping cache and fixing permissions each time, nothing. So I pushed the systemui.apk manually and fixed permissions and rebooted (2 times for good measure) and nothing. Pushed Raver3X3's version once and status bar worked and... complete-ish theme.
Thanks for the effort put in. Looks nice.
Thank you for the information, sorry it was such a hassle for you. I will make a raverx file soon.

Other than that later today there will be a big update that makes this near complete, just a few tiny bugs left. If you like what you have now, version 3 will rock your socks off!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to phoenix6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phoenix6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 481
Ok I lied, OP UPDATED!

Still have to fix a few things. I made the new wifi with aosp arrows inside of it but they are off to the right, I will fix this soon. I also am aware it's not 100% yet but it's MUCH closer. Feel free to mirror this since it's only on my dropbox.

Thank you guys for everything! I worked really hard on this for everyone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to phoenix6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phoenix6
Old
(Last edited by phoenix6; 31st March 2012 at 04:52 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 481
Screens: (I'm only on my phone not near a comp to update op with these)

I took out a lot of TW this time, even the ok, cancel buttons are on the sides they are in AOSP. I'll explain how later it's really neat

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to phoenix6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raycaster3
Old
(Last edited by raycaster3; 31st March 2012 at 05:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix6 View Post
Thank you for the information, sorry it was such a hassle for you. I will make a raverx file soon.

Other than that later today there will be a big update that makes this near complete, just a few tiny bugs left. If you like what you have now, version 3 will rock your socks off!

Dang sorry I wasn't clear. I feel stupid now. I'm using the Vanilla rom not Raver3X3's. I just had to use his systemui to get a status bar. I know better than to not be specific with my reports...sorry for the n00b move. Hope I didn't confuse too many folks out there. I'm about to flash the update I'll keep you posted.

UPDATE: same game. No status bar until I push the one I pulled from Raver3X3's rom. It's no big deal I live all the new themed areas. Good work. I used to think touchwiz wasn't too bad until I got another sensation recently. It's pretty sad when sense seems closer to aosp than touchwiz but it is. It really sticks out on ics for some reason. Anyhow, great job so far and looking forward to future.

>>DARKSIDE
DARKSIDE

edgex
Old
(Last edited by edgex; 31st March 2012 at 05:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 127
After upgrade all my apps are force closing right after boot, though I admit i got ahead of myself, installed before wiping cache, went back, wiped cache and reinstalled then fixed permissions.

will restore my backup and follow the directions correctly this time and hopefully i was just being an idiot.

uhhh the fruck, md5 missmatch on my backup. well that's awesome.

Edit2:
Restored from 2/29 which only had v1 then upgraded correctly, same issue as before. right after i type in my password. everything shows up with a force close error. perhaps delvik wipe was needed?

Edit3:
Restored again, this time i did the Dalvik Wipe, and it actually shows the optimizing apps X of 87 like it did in the past, but the issue persists.

bobbyphoenix
Old
(Last edited by bobbyphoenix; 31st March 2012 at 06:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarciaM25 View Post
Gotta read all posts! You're not on a real deodexed ROM and need to be in order to flash this.... grab a NEW ROM posted that says it is deodexed and you'll be just fine using this
I guess I'm still confused a bit. Deodexed ROM needed. OK. But the op says it works with racers ROM, and that's what I'm using. His ICS port. Or is that not the ROM it's talking about?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
Moto Defy Green Lens - CM 7.2 / Android 2.3.7
Moto Defy Red Lens - CM 7.2 / Android 2.3.7
Nexus One - CM 11 / Android 4.4.2
Galaxy S II - CM 10.2 / Android 4.3
HTC Desire HD - Stock GB / Android 2.3.6
Galaxy Note 3 - Stock Rooted KK / Android 4.4.2

bobbyphoenix
Old
(Last edited by bobbyphoenix; 31st March 2012 at 06:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarciaM25 View Post
Gotta read all posts! You're not on a real deodexed ROM and need to be in order to flash this.... grab a NEW ROM posted that says it is deodexed and you'll be just fine using this
Still confused. I'm using Racers ROM. The exact one it says it only works with.????? So confused.

edit. Sorry for double post. Phone didn't update and I thought it didnt post the first one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium
Moto Defy Green Lens - CM 7.2 / Android 2.3.7
Moto Defy Red Lens - CM 7.2 / Android 2.3.7
Nexus One - CM 11 / Android 4.4.2
Galaxy S II - CM 10.2 / Android 4.3
HTC Desire HD - Stock GB / Android 2.3.6
Galaxy Note 3 - Stock Rooted KK / Android 4.4.2

deanhatescoffee
Old
Thanks Meter 45
I just installed this on my Skyrocket running mhx Superlite 4.0 ROM and romracer's kernel and everything's working fine so far. The blue ICS theme looks SO good! Great job phoenix6!

The OP doesn't specify which cache to wipe so I wiped cache from 3 places - from the main CWM menu screen, Dalvik cache, and /cache. Then I flashed the theme, fixed permissions, and rebooted. The reboot took longer than usual as the caches needed to be rebuilt but I'm not having any issues.
Me: about.me

phoenix6
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 481
Quick clarification, I am using the FIRST ROM racer, not romracer, racer, put out for us, if you're using anything else, you may have problems.

bobbyphoenix
Old
Thanks Meter 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix6 View Post
Quick clarification, I am using the FIRST ROM racer, not romracer, racer, put out for us, if you're using anything else, you may have problems.

I'm sure you didn't mean to, but you just confused me even more. You are saying there are three "racer" ICS ROMs? Can you post the link to the one that works with this? Here is the one I'm using that the notification bar keeps disappearing: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1570012