5,815,133 Members 38,801 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ALPHA][ROM][4.0.4] CyanogenMod 9 for Samsung Galaxy SL - Alpha 14

Tip us?

jayharper08
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 8,013
I will start handing out infraction points if I keep seeing eta requests and such. This is a DEVELOPMENT THREAD, not a request line of a radio station. Please respect that.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jayharper08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wardfan220
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,063

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker529 View Post
Now i request that u point out clearly which points belong to ur "eta requests and such". Does it concludes asking the dev to look at a source or logcat?
I don't know about Jay, but to me, yes it includes that. If the devs wanted logcats they'd ask you for them.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D via Tapatalk 2.

Current phone: AT&T Galaxy S4
Retired: HTC Hero, HTC EVO Shift, HTC EVO 3D
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wardfan220 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dhiru1602
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 11,648

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidcracker View Post
Dhiru can u gently check flash & youtube in the alpha 3. Here the logcat http://pastebin.com/YX7DP4CB

It worked in alpha 2
Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda premium
A3 has experimental support for h/w acceleration. Maybe that is why it doesn't work.

Sent from my SGH-I9000 using xda premium
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dhiru1602 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wardfan220
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,063

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidcracker View Post
Cool down guys i m not requesting f eta im using this rom since was released not requesting any f stuff.. im just telling dhiru to take a look cuz it was working in alpha 2

If anyone needs to cool down I'd say it was you. Nobody said any names, we just posted a general warning to everyone. Your off topic rant makes it appear you have a guilty concious (which I might add falls under our warnings for infractions).

Let's all settle down, nobody wants to be hard and hand out infractions, but the off topic has to stop, there's been ample warnings.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D via Tapatalk 2.

Current phone: AT&T Galaxy S4
Retired: HTC Hero, HTC EVO Shift, HTC EVO 3D
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wardfan220 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dhiru1602
Old
(Last edited by dhiru1602; 1st April 2012 at 03:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11,648

DONATE TO ME
Microphone fix for CM9

I have been working on fixing the Microphone usage in Applications. As far as my testing goes, the Microphone is working pretty well in few applications that I have tested. However I felt that it would be appropriate if I made the fix public so that you people could test few more applications to see if it really works.

Flash from Recovery and please report the application name and whether if it works or not.

Update V2: Improved Speech Recognition.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GalaxySL_MicrophoneFix_CM9v2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (180.3 KB, 316 views)
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to dhiru1602 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

invalidcracker
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhiru1602 View Post
Microphone fix for CM9

I have been working on fixing the Microphone usage in Applications. As far as my testing goes, the Microphone is working pretty well in few applications that I have tested. However I felt that it would be appropriate if I made the fix public so that you people could test few more applications to see if it really works.

Flash from Recovery and please report the application name and whether if it works or not.
The mic working perfectly. But using programs like soundhound or musixmatch aound emergs from the small speaker instead but mic working too

waf7225
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Microphone fix for CM9

microphone work fine,but not clearly.

invalidcracker
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Yes voice search is so poor using google voice search and speaktoit via pico tts

spacebar2011
Old
Thanks Meter 555
Quote:
Microphone fix for CM9

Voice actions are still no go, that includes voice search, voice input etc.
Recording works and so do apps like Soundhound, Shazam etc.

Sent from XDA Premium

dhiru1602
Old
Thanks Meter 11,648

DONATE TO ME
Updated the earlier post with Version 2. Hopefully it fixes the issue with speech recognition.

I wasn't able to test it myself since Google isn't much friendly with Indian accent. Please let me know how it goes.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dhiru1602 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm9, dhiru is sanity!, dhiru1602 is god, dhiru1602 is the master in cm, galaxy sl