Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 53,031 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App][2.2+] AutomateIt - Automate Your Android !

Tip us?

JVogler
Old
(Last edited by JVogler; 31st March 2012 at 08:00 PM.) Reason: Added text
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt View Post
Working on it, struggling with it too.

I have one for wifi on at home, and one for data on when not home. I have these enable when the screen comes on, and turn on gps and then do the location check. The wifi / data ones are disabled with a delay when the screen turns off, with a disable if screen comes back on.

I have one for lock screen disable when home and one for enabled when not home. The lock screen enable / disable are just on location triggers.

My success is very low on them, and I keep tweaking settings.

I have plenty of other triggers that work great, based on apps starting or calls, it is just the location settings. I have read the hints on Muzicant's page many times, still not working well for me. Part of my problem is weak cell signal where I live I think.
I did get a location trigger to work when I increased size to 1000 meters, and polling to 1 minute...but then it ran the trigger every minute I was there..so I guess I need to set another rule to disable after the first trigger. And making it 1000 meters makes it trigger when I'm at my house (about 1400m away), so I am a step closer as its triggering now...but need to figure out a few other things.

Still looking for the best settings, if anyone wants to share whats working for them the best.

EDIT: One thing I was wondering is this. Locale triggers about 99% of the time, but it just doesn't have the options for what I want to accomplish after the trigger. I wonder if there's a way to use locale as the trigger, but make it run a manual set up execution list in AutomateIt Pro? Am I dreaming here? lol

movrshakr
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Is it possible to create a rule that will perform an action when connection to "my" network SSID goes true and another to perform an action when connection to "my" network SSID goes false?

If not, may I suggest it (and I don't use the official suggestion site because it wants me to install something just to use it).
Samsung Galaxy S3 i747 ATT (Current)
Samsung Captivate I897 (Build 1006) - DesignGears' [ROM][2.2] Cognition 4.5.3
Nook Tablet 16GB booting CM7 from microSD - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1481826
Retired Devices: Moto RAZR, Samsung X427M, Samsung Eternity; many b4 those.

terewong
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Just made 2 new rules and it works very well

Turn off Wi-Fi when I get away my Wi-Fi connection at home

Turning Wi-Fi toconnect my WiFi network when step into the radio cell ID at home

Muzikant
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by movrshakr View Post
Is it possible to create a rule that will perform an action when connection to "my" network SSID goes true and another to perform an action when connection to "my" network SSID goes false?

If not, may I suggest it (and I don't use the official suggestion site because it wants me to install something just to use it).
You can use the "Wifi Network Connection State" trigger to select specific networks and trigger on connecting or disconnecting from it.
Have you tried AutomateIt ? (Download, User Guide, FAQ)
Have you visited the AutomateIt thread on XDA ???

Facebook: AutomateItApp
Twitter: @AutomateItApp
The Following User Says Thank You to Muzikant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Muzikant
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVogler View Post
I did get a location trigger to work when I increased size to 1000 meters, and polling to 1 minute...but then it ran the trigger every minute I was there..so I guess I need to set another rule to disable after the first trigger. And making it 1000 meters makes it trigger when I'm at my house (about 1400m away), so I am a step closer as its triggering now...but need to figure out a few other things.

Still looking for the best settings, if anyone wants to share whats working for them the best.

EDIT: One thing I was wondering is this. Locale triggers about 99% of the time, but it just doesn't have the options for what I want to accomplish after the trigger. I wonder if there's a way to use locale as the trigger, but make it run a manual set up execution list in AutomateIt Pro? Am I dreaming here? lol
Polling every minute seems a bit extreme. This frequency could have impact on your battery and I recommend changing it to at least 10 minutes.

If you can provide some more info about your rule settings (Proximity radius, Are you using Coarse location only etc) and what you see in the rule log that would be very helpful.
Have you tried AutomateIt ? (Download, User Guide, FAQ)
Have you visited the AutomateIt thread on XDA ???

Facebook: AutomateItApp
Twitter: @AutomateItApp
The Following User Says Thank You to Muzikant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

movrshakr
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzikant View Post
You can use the "Wifi Network Connection State" trigger to select specific networks and trigger on connecting or disconnecting from it.
Great. I now have a rule
Trigger-Network[my network] is disconnected
Action-Set wifi adapter to disabled

I don't see how to create the companion rule for when I return into range of my network, of how to turn wifi back on. Since it is now off, it won't sense that 'my network' is now back in range.
Nook Tablet 16GB booting CM7 from microSD - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1481826

Pkt_Lnt
Old
Thanks Meter 1678
Quote:
Originally Posted by movrshakr View Post
Great. I now have a rule
Trigger-Network[my network] is disconnected
Action-Set wifi adapter to disabled

I don't see how to create the companion rule for when I return into range of my network, of how to turn wifi back on. Since it is now off, it won't sense that 'my network' is now back in range.
You need to make a location based trigger for that.
Remember - XDA is trying to teach you to fish, not just give you a fish.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active i9295 GSM /// [ROM][WIP/Experimental][AOSP][4.3.1] Google Edition for SGS4A (Int'l) /// Gravity Box [JB]
Google Galaxy Nexus i9250 GSM /// [ROM] [AOSP] Shiny ROM: OTA-Like, Stock Android [4.4.4] [KTU84P] /// Gravity Box [KK]
Google Nexus 7.2013 /// 4.4.4 [KTU84P] Stock KitKat (unlocked & rooted) /// Gravity Box [KK]

aziz_0
Old
Thanks Meter 2
good job

movrshakr
Old
(Last edited by movrshakr; 2nd April 2012 at 12:24 AM.)
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkt_Lnt View Post
You need to make a location based trigger for that.
Ok, created a location rule, but am bothered that the trigger description is "inside or entering a proximity region..."

Is it possible to create a trigger that fires only when ENTERING, not when entering or already inside? In other words, a trigger for crossing the boundary only?

Also, does "using fine accuracy" mean exactly the same as "using GPS?" If so, I wish the terminology was consistent.

nila@ufl.edu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Calendar Issue

I have a Calendar Trigger that changes the sound mode to vibrate with Busy or Available events that use the title filter: Meet on event start. This rule works fine.

I have the exact same rule except at event start is unchecked to turn the sound mode back to normal, but this rule does not activate at the end of the meetings. Checking the history it is never triggered.

Any ideas to help me out with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Nila
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900V on Verizon
Asus Transformer TF101

Tags
action, android, app, automateit, automation, productivity, trigger