Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[FIX] Spotify in Landscape mode

OP chaval

23rd November 2011, 05:52 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 14

151 posts
Same here. I think it may be an issue with the APK Edit tool. I can recreate the issue by opening the AndroidManifest.xml file, saving it without making any changes, then clicking Apply. i'm going to post about it in the APK Edit thread. The error is below:

Code:
I: Checking whether resources has changed...
I: Building resources...
C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Temp\SpotifyAndroid 0.4.12.180\res\layout\sync_notification.xml:6: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent.Title').
C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Temp\SpotifyAndroid 0.4.12.180\res\layout\sync_notification.xml:9: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.EventContent').
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL3010785002957324851.tmp, -I, C:\Users\user1\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Temp\SpotifyAndroid 0.4.12.180\res, -M, C:\Users\user1\AppData\Local\Temp\SpotifyAndroid 0.4.12.180\AndroidManifest.xml]
The Following User Says Thank You to anonim1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th December 2011, 05:31 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
Any luck with the problem for the latest version?
27th January 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #13  
Flag Rowley Regis
Thanks Meter: 1

169 posts
More
any chance anyone has a fixed file that isnt hosted on megaupload?
3rd February 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 15

31 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjimwoods

any chance anyone has a fixed file that isnt hosted on megaupload?

Here's a Spotify APK i built to work in landscape, although it's only version 0.4.08. I can't find out why the latest version wont install and i got no time to learn xml atm :P

Download the apk here: I cant post outside links yet :S Check the attachment instead for the APK.
Attached Files
File Type: apk SpotifyAndroid_Signed.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.59 MB, 160 views)
13th February 2012, 08:31 AM   |  #15  

21 posts
Well, I quickly compared the 2 spotify versions (old one and new one). The new one's xml manifest is encrypted (see http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4...-from-apk-file)

Basically, there's no need for apktool at all. All you need, is
- rename the apk file to zip
- change AndroidManifest.xml according to the first post
- update the zip and rename it to apk !

But there's the fact that the .zip is encrypted. I didn't manage to make this apktool work for now.
16th March 2012, 03:07 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17

125 posts
Long since I was in this thread. I tried to make this edit to a newer ver a couple of moths ago but failed. Still using the old one.
Keep up the work!
23rd March 2012, 11:59 PM   |  #17  
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 4

230 posts
More
The manifest isn't encrypted, it's a just in binary format. Here's the manifest in txt form. If you can tell me what needs to be changed I should be able to edit and then recompile back to binary form.
Attached Files
File Type: txt AndroidManifest.txt - [Click for QR Code] (10.9 KB, 17 views)
31st March 2012, 09:11 PM   |  #18  

1 posts
I don't know if people are still out there looking for this, but I modded the newsest of Spotify version so I figured I'd share it. It seems to work great out of the box, so I can't for the life of me imagine why they restrict it in the first place.

No outside links for me so it's attached.
Last edited by gespo89; 31st March 2012 at 09:27 PM.
4th April 2012, 07:41 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 9

30 posts
Nice nice

But i have a request if someone know how to change the play/pause and skip track buttons to smaller on landscape, so you see more of the cover from the artist.
19th April 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #20  

8 posts
The preview version of Spotify released today has a much different manifest file. I suspect the next released version will not work with this fix. I've attached the latest manifest in text format.
Attached Files
File Type: txt AndroidManifest.txt - [Click for QR Code] (6.6 KB, 35 views)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread