CM7 DX2 - Issues so far

Search This thread

thelowend

Jan 31, 2012
The cold part of Ohio
Been getting a lot of odd forecloses lately. They've been quite frequent. I just had Titanium force me twice, widget locker and a few other apps will just stop on me. There is no distinction between root apps and unrooted ones.

I'm thinking they're from the launcher gantlet I've been putting my phone through. I went from ICS launcher to Regina launcher and back to ADW EX over the course off a week. The two former, gave me a TON for force closes. ( Regina more than ICS)
Should I try wiping my cache?

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

B4Ctom1

Apr 6, 2012
Cheyenne, WY
Once in a while I am getting a vibration "taps". When using multiple apps and bouncing between them the phone will suddenly start to vibrate "tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic" on the vibration engine. Rebooting stops it.

Not having battery life issues.

Not having messaging issues.

Having a little bit of 3G connectivity issue.

Wifi tether goes useless in shot time period without restarting tether.

Rarely having the pulldown menu touch ignoring issue.

Otherwise this CM7 has made my X2 phone much more awesome. I can live with any of these issues now that my phone is not bound up so tightly by crappy Verizon software that it self reboots, crashes, delays.

mcradict

Jun 28, 2012
CM7 RC1 beta 2 camcorder issue

I am running CM7 RC1 beta 2 on my verizon droid x2. I followed the instructions on how to install this rom down to the finest detail and it worked flawlessly for a week. Yesterday, I was attempting to capture video with my phone so I opened the camera app, and then switched it to camcorder mode and it closed automatically. Did not get a pop-up error informing me of a force close, it just closed and brought up my homescreen.

I had this same issue a couple weeks ago so I SBFed and flashed it again and the camcorder worked, until now. I have scowered the forums looking for this issue, but have had no luck. Is this a new issue that is in the process of being patched? Any help is much appreciated! :eek:

rcguymike

Aug 26, 2011
Camera use without SD card?

Is there a way to get the stock camera to store pictures to the emmc folder? Or is there a decent app that the camera and camcorder work and will store there?

kthnx38

Feb 26, 2013
DSP Manager Force Closes

Every time I try to use DSP manager for my music, it works for a few seconds and then force closes. Then it won't start running again unless I reboot my phone and the same thing happens. Any ideas?

Lorenzo VonMatterhorn

Dec 26, 2011
MD
Every time I try to use DSP manager for my music, it works for a few seconds and then force closes. Then it won't start running again unless I reboot my phone and the same thing happens. Any ideas?

this is a known bug. there is a way to have working dsp, search android development.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

By any chance have any of you guys encountered any issues with SMS/MMS delay? Sometimes my friends won't receive my messages and other times i wont receive theirs? any help thanks :D

this is also a known bug. no fix.

casper846969

Aug 22, 2012
columbus ohio
My mms /SMS works well but my dsp dose not work am going to uninstall it but I do have a ? My power amp updates but after a few days it updates to the same thing how dose cm9 run just woundering

Sent from my Droidx2/Cm7 using xda app-developers app

TheTechnicalBoss

Feb 17, 2013
sites.google.com
My mms /SMS works well but my dsp dose not work am going to uninstall it but I do have a ? My power amp updates but after a few days it updates to the same thing how dose cm9 run just woundering

Sent from my Droidx2/Cm7 using xda app-developers app
What do you mean "it updates to the same thing?" anyways cm9 is pretty smooth followed by some random reboots, CM10 is overall more responsive than cm9 but It has a couple force closures. I honestly recommend a ROM like eclipse 2.3 or Liberty3, or also Molten 2.3 redux, but that is just my opinion :D

Reactions: casper846969

king..kranium

Jan 30, 2012
Mamou
this is a known bug. there is a way to have working dsp, search android development.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

When I was on cm7 I uninstalled dsp manager, flashed beats audio zip, then installed a aftermarket equalizer. No more problems lol.

Sent from my XT894 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For everyone having problems with CM7, I HIGHLY recommend going in and wiping both cache and dalvik-cache. (Not a data wipe.) This has fixed pretty much every problem I have run into with CM7.

Now for downloading large files, I have found that I have to use tasker to create a "power profile" that never turns off the screen. I do not have the WIFI loosing connection issue that has been reported, however I have noticed (on stock as well) that when the screen times out, downloads all fail or stop. Just my 2 cents. :D

Ciao!
    For the pull down toggles, settings>cyanogenmod settings>interface>notification power widget>widget buttons.
    So I've read through the CM7 development threads and through this one regarding some of the issues. I am currently running on Liberty. Since I am still learning the Android world (read: I'm freaking clueless), would you guys suggest changing over to CM7, or staying with Liberty?

Thanks! (from the girl who's trying to learn...) :D

I have never run the liberty rom but i do recommend cm7. The only issue I've had is with wifi. It loses connection sometimes. I downloaded wifi fixer from the market. It doesn't fix the problem but it does reconnect wifi for me. Some have this problem and some don't.

Make a nandroid and give it a try. If you don't like it you can always go back to liberty.

Sent from my cm7dx2 using XDA App
    Thanks so much!! I found the directions to give it a try, and realized it was waaaaay more complex than what I felt comfortable doing on my own. Plus, it said I would have to install it from Gingerbread... so that would be 2 installs to complete. May have to wait for my tech guru for this one! However, I'm excited to check it out!

(By the way, I realized that on the couple posts I have, you have helped with both of them. Double thanks. :) )

Good luck with whatever you decide but it really isn't as complicated as it sounds. Moonshadow has created some great tutorials to guide you through each step. And you are welcome for the help.

Sent from my cm7dx2 using XDA App

When I was on cm7 I uninstalled dsp manager, flashed beats audio zip, then installed a aftermarket equalizer. No more problems lol.

Sent from my XT894 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2