Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 39,634 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM7 DX2 - Issues so far

Tip us?

king..kranium
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Here's the link... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=21342515

Cyanogenmod

thelowend
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 416
Been getting a lot of odd forecloses lately. They've been quite frequent. I just had Titanium force me twice, widget locker and a few other apps will just stop on me. There is no distinction between root apps and unrooted ones.

I'm thinking they're from the launcher gantlet I've been putting my phone through. I went from ICS launcher to Regina launcher and back to ADW EX over the course off a week. The two former, gave me a TON for force closes. ( Regina more than ICS)
Should I try wiping my cache?

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

B4Ctom1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Once in a while I am getting a vibration "taps". When using multiple apps and bouncing between them the phone will suddenly start to vibrate "tic tic tic tic tic tic tic tic" on the vibration engine. Rebooting stops it.

Not having battery life issues.

Not having messaging issues.

Having a little bit of 3G connectivity issue.

Wifi tether goes useless in shot time period without restarting tether.

Rarely having the pulldown menu touch ignoring issue.

Otherwise this CM7 has made my X2 phone much more awesome. I can live with any of these issues now that my phone is not bound up so tightly by crappy Verizon software that it self reboots, crashes, delays.

mcradict
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default CM7 RC1 beta 2 camcorder issue

I am running CM7 RC1 beta 2 on my verizon droid x2. I followed the instructions on how to install this rom down to the finest detail and it worked flawlessly for a week. Yesterday, I was attempting to capture video with my phone so I opened the camera app, and then switched it to camcorder mode and it closed automatically. Did not get a pop-up error informing me of a force close, it just closed and brought up my homescreen.

I had this same issue a couple weeks ago so I SBFed and flashed it again and the camcorder worked, until now. I have scowered the forums looking for this issue, but have had no luck. Is this a new issue that is in the process of being patched? Any help is much appreciated!

rcguymike
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Camera use without SD card?

Is there a way to get the stock camera to store pictures to the emmc folder? Or is there a decent app that the camera and camcorder work and will store there?

kthnx38
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default DSP Manager Force Closes

Every time I try to use DSP manager for my music, it works for a few seconds and then force closes. Then it won't start running again unless I reboot my phone and the same thing happens. Any ideas?

TheTechnicalBoss
Old
Thanks Meter 35
By any chance have any of you guys encountered any issues with SMS/MMS delay? Sometimes my friends won't receive my messages and other times i wont receive theirs? any help thanks

Lorenzo VonMatterhorn
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthnx38 View Post
Every time I try to use DSP manager for my music, it works for a few seconds and then force closes. Then it won't start running again unless I reboot my phone and the same thing happens. Any ideas?
this is a known bug. there is a way to have working dsp, search android development.

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTechnicalBoss View Post
By any chance have any of you guys encountered any issues with SMS/MMS delay? Sometimes my friends won't receive my messages and other times i wont receive theirs? any help thanks
this is also a known bug. no fix.

casper846969
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 20
Default Re: CM7 DX2 - Issues so far

My mms /SMS works well but my dsp dose not work am going to uninstall it but I do have a ? My power amp updates but after a few days it updates to the same thing how dose cm9 run just woundering

Sent from my Droidx2/Cm7 using xda app-developers app

TheTechnicalBoss
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper846969 View Post
My mms /SMS works well but my dsp dose not work am going to uninstall it but I do have a ? My power amp updates but after a few days it updates to the same thing how dose cm9 run just woundering

Sent from my Droidx2/Cm7 using xda app-developers app
What do you mean "it updates to the same thing?" anyways cm9 is pretty smooth followed by some random reboots, CM10 is overall more responsive than cm9 but It has a couple force closures. I honestly recommend a ROM like eclipse 2.3 or Liberty3, or also Molten 2.3 redux, but that is just my opinion

The Following User Says Thank You to TheTechnicalBoss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]