Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,543 Members 37,270 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [ICS 4.0.4] JJ's HYBRID ROM v3.3b (HotUpdate) ROM Control | 12 Aug |

Tip us?

Punkid
Old
Thanks Meter 31
OK, ive been in a hell hole for the past 2 days...my Wifi wont work properly on ANY ICS ROM! . ive tried everything, different all kernels, corresponding modules, hell i even tried different basebands (56 and 64)...the problem remains, my wifi works only a little, i mean it connects, even sometimes manages to open one page in the browser, but just stays there and doesnt load anything else, it remains connected though.

Tell me what the problem could be? ive even tried that wifi country code thingy.nothing is helping. currently im on doomkernel v4, with the modules provided on doomkernels thread,and ive got this ROM flashed....

I love this ROM, wifi was working on ICS roms before, but then i think i flashed the wifi modules JJ provided (cuz my battery life was bad) and it stopped working...after that ive even tried flashing firmware 62 with flashtool, then firmware 42 with flashtool. Nothing helps...Please tell me what to do!!!
Google Nexus 5 running Mahdi 2.7 + franco kernel

ascariz
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkid View Post
OK, ive been in a hell hole for the past 2 days...my Wifi wont work properly on ANY ICS ROM! . ive tried everything, different all kernels, corresponding modules, hell i even tried different basebands (56 and 64)...the problem remains, my wifi works only a little, i mean it connects, even sometimes manages to open one page in the browser, but just stays there and doesnt load anything else, it remains connected though.

Tell me what the problem could be? ive even tried that wifi country code thingy.nothing is helping. currently im on doomkernel v4, with the modules provided on doomkernels thread,and ive got this ROM flashed....

I love this ROM, wifi was working on ICS roms before, but then i think i flashed the wifi modules JJ provided (cuz my battery life was bad) and it stopped working...after that ive even tried flashing firmware 62 with flashtool, then firmware 42 with flashtool. Nothing helps...Please tell me what to do!!!
flash jj wifi module with this kernel
~Flashaddicter~

(If this help: hit THANKS or i'll hit you )

adamtan
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascariz View Post
if u still don't change anything, this rom already used ondemand. the lowest is 245MHz. it's the best already. 1 sec, nothing compared to me, 2-3 sec. lol. GB rom, you mean, stock rom? if that, yes, it's because this rom using deodexed system app. odex is faster then deodexed since it's not compressed, so app can access the file faster. that's the difference. (odex is apk with .odex file, while deodexed is apk without .odex file. correct me if i'm wrong). during my SGS era, i used odex as my primary choice, and it's much smoother than deodexed. that's why developer from SGS change from deodexed to odex.
i was originally on smartassv2, but changing to ondemand fix it.
it doesnt matter what governor im using so this fix for me. thanks ascariz.

the reason why this is bothering me cos i spend alot of time at the desk working and my phone is beside my work computer, so i usually feel the vibration but when i look at the phone nothing on the screen and i stare at it for a while before something comes on lol

ascariz
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamtan View Post
i was originally on smartassv2, but changing to ondemand fix it.
it doesnt matter what governor im using so this fix for me. thanks ascariz.

the reason why this is bothering me cos i spend alot of time at the desk working and my phone is beside my work computer, so i usually feel the vibration but when i look at the phone nothing on the screen and i stare at it for a while before something comes on lol
ok. glad it fixed...
~Flashaddicter~

hootnath
Old
Thanks Meter 63
i installed the new wifi modules N .66 baseband. they've helped lot with the battery.

jjdoctor
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4153

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootnath View Post
i installed the new wifi modules N .66 baseband. they've helped lot with the battery.
Keep digging the cause... It's the most controversial bug i have seen... It's never constant...

PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE (PM) ME 4 QUESTIONS OR REQUESTS. POST IN RELEVANT THREAD & I WILLB GLAD 2 REPLY THERE
The Following User Says Thank You to jjdoctor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ascariz
Old
Thanks Meter 129
anyone can play asphalt 6 HD? mine accelerometer messed up. can't play it..
~Flashaddicter~

hootnath
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
.66 baseband made the android-system go from 30% battery usage to under 10 percent.

ascariz
Old
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
.66 baseband made the android-system go from 30% battery usage to under 10 percent.
ok. give link for that .66 baseband. i wanna try it
~Flashaddicter~

estuardo4
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
I have baseband 64 installed. Where we can find that 66 band and what are the differences? Thank you.