Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,452 Members 42,521 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

9.4.2.21 Ad hoc doesn't seem to work

Tip us?

litetaker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 584
Default 9.4.2.21 Ad hoc doesn't seem to work

Hello,

I've been trying to use tethering of my 3G phone to get WiFi on my Prime. I am using an app from the market that creates an Adhoc network to do the tethering. The app is working fine as I verified by connecting my Laptop to my phone's 3G and got it working.

The Transformer Prime detects the Ad Hoc network but just doesn't want to connect to it!

Any suggestions?
=== <<< @ >>> ===

Droid X2: Ditched!, Droid Inc2: SOLD, Droid Incredible 4G LTE: CM11.2 KitKat 4.4.2, TFP: Unlocked and on Stock JB 4.1.1 -> heaven, NOT SOLD!, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Stock 4.4.2, iPod Touch 4g: Stock iOS 6 (iOS 6 bad, my $0.02)

namebrandon
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Works fine for me (prime tethered to 4G HTC Rezound) .. It's probably just your app. Try using wifi-tether.

http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/

dbldwn02
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Yup, not working for me either. It sees it and let's me select the wifitether network but it just says "saved". It won't let me connect to it. I'll keep trying

robertg9
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldwn02 View Post
Yup, not working for me either. It sees it and let's me select the wifitether network but it just says "saved". It won't let me connect to it. I'll keep trying
I get that sometimes too...but a long hold on the wifi line has options to connect/forget/modify.....at different times, I've had to use each of them....but I'm always eventually been able to get tethered to my Win6.5 TouchPro 2.

The app I use is WMWiFiRouter.....it works great....but it's not a free app

Bob
Verizon TP2/Win6.5
Asus Transformer Prime

spyjamesbond0072003
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by litetaker View Post
Hello,

I've been trying to use tethering of my 3G phone to get WiFi on my Prime. I am using an app from the market that creates an Adhoc network to do the tethering. The app is working fine as I verified by connecting my Laptop to my phone's 3G and got it working.

The Transformer Prime detects the Ad Hoc network but just doesn't want to connect to it!

Any suggestions?
There is a thread in general or developer forum provide a fix for wpasupplicant2 seem to work with older update, can you try on. 21 update

robertg9
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyjamesbond0072003 View Post
There is a thread in general or developer forum provide a fix for wpasupplicant2 seem to work with older update, can you try on. 21 update
You don't need that fix....That's one thing that 21 did....was to incorporate that fix into the update.
Verizon TP2/Win6.5
Asus Transformer Prime

Eddy315west
Old
Thanks Meter 3
i think i may have your answer. i couldn't tether my prime to my htc evo 4g either. then i enabled routing fix under wifi tether settings and now I'm able to tether prime no problems at all. hope that works btw I'm using wifi tether 3.1 beta 6

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD

joeyddr
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Same thing here just pops up as saved

robertg9
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyddr View Post
Same thing here just pops up as saved
As stated above, a long hold on the WiFi icon will give you three options...Hit "connect"...usually solves the issue
Verizon TP2/Win6.5
Asus Transformer Prime

joeyddr
Old
Thanks Meter 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg9 View Post
As stated above, a long hold on the WiFi icon will give you three options...Hit "connect"...usually solves the issue
tried a bunch of times...