Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,908 Members 53,360 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Swap almost any smartphone for a brand new Windows Phone 7 device

Tip us?

nosit1
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy Diz View Post
I called the Scottsdale tel since I'm about 2hrs away... they had no idea about this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
Odd, when I called Friday the rep knew what I meant. I went Wednesday and Thursday without any issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Current Device: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II (Rooted!) + Amazong Kindle Fire (CM10)
Devices currently crying in a corner: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Motorola Droid Bionic - HP Touchpad - Nook Color

cajunflavoredbob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6800
Quote:
I called the Scottsdale tel since I'm about 2hrs away... they had no idea about this.

It is up to local stores to extend the event until 5 April 2012. The extension may not apply to every MS store.
¯-.¸¸.·´¯-.¸¸.·´¯-.¸¸.·´¯ New users: Please click HERE or HERE before posting ¯-.¸¸.·´¯-.¸¸.·´¯-.¸¸.·´¯

PHP Code:
public class XDA {
    public static 
void main(String[] args) {

System.out.println("XDA Member");
                if (
You beg for thanks) {

"Go Jump Off a Bridge!";
        }
    }

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the Lord. –Proverbs 18:22 KJV

Envy Diz
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosit1 View Post
Odd, when I called Friday the rep knew what I meant. I went Wednesday and Thursday without any issues.

You called Scottsdale store?

nosit1
Old
Thanks Meter 109
I went there three times across two days. On Thursday they said it would run until 10, never mentioned an end date however.

Current Device: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II (Rooted!) + Amazong Kindle Fire (CM10)
Devices currently crying in a corner: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Motorola Droid Bionic - HP Touchpad - Nook Color

Envy Diz
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
I went there three times across two days. On Thursday they said it would run until 10, never mentioned an end date however.

You were able to swap your phone/phones out?

nosit1
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
You were able to swap your phone/phones out?

Went in three times one as myself, one with my sister, another with my friend. We used a HTC Hero (active service), Motorola Droid OG (No service), and a iPhone 3GS (service, same as Hero). Went without a hitch, just have to coordinate pickup with the people. Haha. Appears they are recycling phones when they have stock of the new ones for general consumption.

Envy Diz
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Went in three times one as myself, one with my sister, another with my friend. We used a HTC Hero (active service), Motorola Droid OG (No service), and a iPhone 3GS (service, same as Hero). Went without a hitch, just have to coordinate pickup with the people. Haha. Appears they are recycling phones when they have stock of the new ones for general consumption.

So no questions asked they'll swap out free no need to sign contract...the only issue I see is insurance, I have att and they probably won't insure it. Guess I'll call again tomorrow, but damn its a drive 2.5 hrs.

nosit1
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Quote:
So no questions asked they'll swap out free no need to sign contract...the only issue I see is insurance, I have att and they probably won't insure it. Guess I'll call again tomorrow, but damn its a drive 2.5 hrs.

As long as the device is functional and meets the requirements. No contract free phone. Insurance can probably be bought through Squaretrade or comparable.

jonnyg1097
Old
Thanks Meter 119
I wish Microsoft had some stores in Canada so I could take advantage of this deal

Will of fire
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Got a HTC arrive I don't have sprint but Its the only phone avaliable without rain check.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Current Phone:Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300, Galaxy SIII ATT...Galaxy nexus maguro...Galaxy S2 epic touch...=D
Old phones:Atrix 4G,Samsung Captivate,Blackberry9700.

Tags
android, free, promotion, webos, windows phone 7