Reset flash counter with an app... FINALLY!! (If you're on ICS 4.0+)

Search This thread

monsieurtalbot

Aug 8, 2010
West Palm Beach
www.facebook.com
FINALLY. Reset the flash counter WITHOUT A JIG! No more stupid triangle at boot! =) - WITH AN APP BY CHAINFIRE.

Found this over on the I9100 forums... works great on our device as long as you're running an ICS 4.0+ build. CM9 included.

DO NOT ATTEMPT IF YOU'RE RUNNING GINGERBREAD BASED ROMS - YOU RISK A TOTAL BRICK!!!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494114

The app is called "Triangle Away" and is available on the Play Store for $2... or for free on the XDA page linked above.

(apparently this was already posted a few weeks back... I searched... Oh wells.)

Last edited:

nbell13

Aug 10, 2011
This was posted about several weeks ago. Just fyi.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Biporch

Mar 4, 2012
It does in fact works, I tested it myself as soon as the first ICS based rom came out. (Did it with SHOstock)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FINALLY. Reset the flash counter WITHOUT A JIG! No more stupid triangle at boot! =) - WITH AN APP BY CHAINFIRE.

Found this over on the I9100 forums... works great on our device as long as you're running an ICS 4.0+ build. CM9 included.

DO NOT ATTEMPT IF YOU'RE RUNNING GINGERBREAD BASED ROMS - YOU RISK A TOTAL BRICK!!!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494114

The app is called "Triangle Away" and is available on the Play Store for $2... or for free on the XDA page linked above.

(apparently this was already posted a few weeks back... I searched... Oh wells.)
    Please... Report back your findings. :)
    Worked like a charm! Very quick, very easy... awesome! Good find, chainfire is legit. =)
    I personally had no problem with entering CWM after flashing.

But it's always good to be cautious...
    Are there any repercussions from using this apk? One user above reported that he could no longer enter CWM. Anyone else experiencing that issue? Chainfire didn't say that there would be any issues with CWM after using his apk. Scared to try it until I hear a confirmation.

Not only did I have problems getting into CWM, my phone would not boot at all. Went to the Samsung Galaxy SII logo and wouldn't go any further. It wouldn't turn off by the button, had to pull the battery. I let it sit at the logo for 20 minutes, finally gave up and got into download mode and re flashed. Definitely looks like I am in the minority that had issues with this. And I can't say for sure that this app was the problem, although i hadn't had any issues until this was installed, and this was the first time the phone had been off since installing it.
    i'm currently on Task's AOKP, and i've been religiously updating his nightly builds. would the flash counter increment every time i install a nightly, meaning that i would have to run triangleaway after every install?
    not afaik.

i thought the flash counter only counted for odin installs, but i could be wrong. anyways i'm running that rom and have been updating a lot too... still not yellow triangle.