5,595,000 Members 39,045 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Delay of Android 4.0 ICS

Tip us?

darth5zaft
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Not really disappointed.

I buy the arc at a time when people buy the razr n sammy note. I buy it for it call quality, beauty,sound,camera and screen quality are 2nd to none.

Not for the sake of the latest spec,kernal or software.

tired of waiting. i unlock my bootloader n install some ics rom..its does felt faster.but ram is an issue.and theres lot of bug particularly on gps,3g n wifi.a lot of apps can't run properly on ics.

Sent from my LT18i using XDA

sdk16420
Old
Thanks Meter 1378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo95 View Post
End May or early June for Xperia Arc --> bye bye Sony for me
X10 times are back, at the end it will come in 6 months.
Be ashamed Sony!

I'm pissed because Sony said the want to keep up with updates, at first they did that.
But then they stopped at 2.3.4 and even 120€ 600MHz Samsung devices are on 2.3.6.
Then they said that they won't update the kernel to 3.0 to oush it out faster.
Samsung and HTC did update the kernel to 3.0 and are pushing out 4.0 already!
What do version numbers mean? We have gotten screenshot and panorama photos in GB which is an ics feature. Check pctrb, 5+ firmwares were released.
Device > Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo
ROM > FreeXperia CM10
Kernel > Stock FXP

mhyke13ph
Old
Thanks Meter 80
A month late is better than never.

They are optimizing it further more, for better user experience and bug free and hopefully they will encourage us to upgrade to 4.0 rather than having dilemma choosing 2.3 and 4.0

If we are to choose, I hope they will release 2.3.7 along side with 4.0.3 for Xperia 2011 to their PCC
Sony Xperia TX
SRS BTV5 | MW1 | Live Dock | DSC-QX10

asderth8000
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile1973 View Post
must say i find it quite bizarre with the bells and whistles of the new Xperia S, that it it the last in line for the update. Quite odd. If i was Sony trying to push people to buy it, i would give it the update first.
what i think, 2011 Xperia's Handset are just lab rat for Xperia S
I hope I'm wrong
Sony Xperia™ Z Violet
4.1.2 | 10.1.1.A.1.307|Lock Bootloader|

sco0ter
Old
Thanks Meter 30
I have a xoom and for weeks people have been bitching about not getting the ics upgrade here in the UK and running about rooting their device then they moaned about the bugs like hdmi not working and some games and apps as well. Now moto have released an update to 4.0.4 for the us market but uk will get this one as the upgrade so those of us that waited didn't have to go through all the bugs and things.

I would rather wait a little while longer and have everything working than Get it now and have it full of bugs or meaning my device didn't work as it should. I'm certain all the ones on here moaning of the delay would be the first ones on moaning of the bugs as well. A no win situation for Sony

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

loklui
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdk16420 View Post
What do version numbers mean? We have gotten screenshot and panorama photos in GB which is an ics feature. Check pctrb, 5+ firmwares were released.
sorry, screenshot is a GB feature.

cokey77
Old
Thanks Meter 39
ics supposed to make arc have less ram or something heard a few bad things hope there not true. as for updates being slow its always going to be that way for android with there being so many devices and carriers its just the way it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to cokey77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sdk16420
Old
Thanks Meter 1378
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokey77 View Post
ics supposed to make arc have less ram or something heard a few bad things hope there not true. as for updates being slow its always going to be that way for android with there being so many devices and carriers its just the way it is.
The beta was pretty bad in terms of ram usage. Apps closed a lot, they might fix that in the release version but I don't think they lied in that post.
Device > Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo
ROM > FreeXperia CM10
Kernel > Stock FXP

im_iceman
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Deleted

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA Premium HD app
Are you a silly Billy???

Previous Phones - Samsung Tocco; SE Xperia X10; Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro; SE Xperia arc -Bootloader UNLOCKED

Current Phone- Sony Xperia T - Stock.. for once!

Tablet- Sony Tablet S - SGPT111GB/S - looking to upgrade to something decent!

im_iceman
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo95 View Post
End May or early June for Xperia Arc --> bye bye Sony for me
X10 times are back, at the end it will come in 6 months.
Be ashamed Sony!

I'm pissed because Sony said the want to keep up with updates, at first they did that.
But then they stopped at 2.3.4 and even 120€ 600MHz Samsung devices are on 2.3.6.
Then they said that they won't update the kernel to 3.0 to oush it out faster.
Samsung and HTC did update the kernel to 3.0 and are pushing out 4.0 already!
Seriously? It's a couple of months. Get a grip!.. And regarding other, normal users not wanting to flash.. They probably won't even be aware of the OS upgrade!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA Premium HD app
Are you a silly Billy???

Previous Phones - Samsung Tocco; SE Xperia X10; Sony Ericsson Xperia Pro; SE Xperia arc -Bootloader UNLOCKED

Current Phone- Sony Xperia T - Stock.. for once!

Tablet- Sony Tablet S - SGPT111GB/S - looking to upgrade to something decent!