5,598,980 Members 31,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM9 Nightly for P930 is up

Tip us?

scott0
Old
Thanks Meter 90
just rebooted and my camera works, took a pretty snappy pic too!

that google voice is going to work out nice + free texting...............thanks again for that!!
The Following User Says Thank You to scott0 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kkernaghan7
Old
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott0 View Post
just rebooted and my camera works, took a pretty snappy pic too!

that google voice is going to work out nice + free texting...............thanks again for that!!
I will try that. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA

yuranet
Old
Thanks Meter 3
anyone noticed the sensor display is "shaking", but finger is not move? On stock firmware everything is OK!

FlintPNZ
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuranet View Post
anyone noticed the sensor display is "shaking", but finger is not move? On stock firmware everything is OK!
Yep, everyone have this one.
2001: Nokia 3310 => 2006: Sony Ericsson K800i => 2007: Toshiba G900 => 2010: iPhone 3g 8gb => 2010: iPhone 4 32gb => 2012: LG Nitro HD

Flyview
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
What???

aquariuz23
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyview View Post
What???

Lol. I think he meant that when you touch the screen to move something, lets say to transition between homescreen, and you leave your finger idle on the screen, not moving at all, the screen "shakes" like it's trying to move but can't cuz you're holding it. Same thing in Angry Birds Space too. You will notice that your aim will constantly move even though you're not moving your finger.

Motorola Atrix 4G > Unlocked BL!! > GingerBlur 2.3.4 > Navalynt's Mod (v1.4) > Tenfar's CWM Recovery Mod > CM7

LG NITRO HD P930 >> Root via SuperOneClick v2.3.2 >> Bytecode64's CWM v.5.** >> KernelPan!c's v0.3

Flyview
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariuz23 View Post
Lol. I think he meant that when you touch the screen to move something, lets say to transition between homescreen, and you leave your finger idle on the screen, not moving at all, the screen "shakes" like it's trying to move but can't cuz you're holding it. Same thing in Angry Birds Space too. You will notice that your aim will constantly move even though you're not moving your finger.
Ahh yes, I've noticed this too. This didn't happen on stock roms? I installed CM9 within hours of getting the phone :P

aquariuz23
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyview View Post
Ahh yes, I've noticed this too. This didn't happen on stock roms? I installed CM9 within hours of getting the phone :P

Nope, never happened to any roms i've installed on either this phone or others, including cm7, so im assuming this is a sensor glitch which will be fixed later.

Motorola Atrix 4G > Unlocked BL!! > GingerBlur 2.3.4 > Navalynt's Mod (v1.4) > Tenfar's CWM Recovery Mod > CM7

LG NITRO HD P930 >> Root via SuperOneClick v2.3.2 >> Bytecode64's CWM v.5.** >> KernelPan!c's v0.3

scott0
Old
Thanks Meter 90
I've been keeping an eye on the changelog for this and am always kinda stunned at the amount of work that's required and what seems to be A LOT of detail work, small changes everywhere and such to get this working better and better.

I rly had no idea.

I looked at some other phones with cm available at get.cm and noticed there are no stable versions of cm9, no release candidates either, but quite a few phones getting updated nightly with cm9.

It all got me wanting to know how this impressive process works.....is it fair to say that Ricardo is THE guy doing the work on the p930? Looking at his programming checklist page it appears that all p930 work originates there and then gets OK'ed by a required # of colleagues then automatically merged into the current version and uploaded as a nightly?

Is that about right? It's ****ing very very impressive.

!

Malnilion
Old
Thanks Meter 146
@scott0,

You are pretty much correct, Ricardo is the one responsible right now for fixes and code specific to our device. However, if you'll notice, a lot of the changes in the nightlies are actually ones affecting the entire cyanogenmod codebase or devices that share our chipset.