CM9 Nightly for P930 is up

OP gmkelly001

1st April 2012, 09:51 PM   |  #231  
Thanks Meter: 90

755 posts
just rebooted and my camera works, took a pretty snappy pic too!

that google voice is going to work out nice + free texting...............thanks again for that!!
The Following User Says Thank You to scott0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2012, 09:53 PM   |  #232  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 32

192 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott0

just rebooted and my camera works, took a pretty snappy pic too!

that google voice is going to work out nice + free texting...............thanks again for that!!

I will try that. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA
1st April 2012, 11:17 PM   |  #233  
Thanks Meter: 3

13 posts
anyone noticed the sensor display is "shaking", but finger is not move? On stock firmware everything is OK!
1st April 2012, 11:33 PM   |  #234  
Flag Penza
Thanks Meter: 15

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuranet

anyone noticed the sensor display is "shaking", but finger is not move? On stock firmware everything is OK!

Yep, everyone have this one.
2nd April 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #235  
Flag Toronto/Waterloo
Thanks Meter: 477

1,118 posts
More
Quote:

What???

2nd April 2012, 03:53 AM   |  #236  
Flag Clifton, NJ
Thanks Meter: 82

863 posts
More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyview

What???

Lol. I think he meant that when you touch the screen to move something, lets say to transition between homescreen, and you leave your finger idle on the screen, not moving at all, the screen "shakes" like it's trying to move but can't cuz you're holding it. Same thing in Angry Birds Space too. You will notice that your aim will constantly move even though you're not moving your finger.
2nd April 2012, 05:32 AM   |  #237  
Flag Toronto/Waterloo
Thanks Meter: 477

1,118 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariuz23

Lol. I think he meant that when you touch the screen to move something, lets say to transition between homescreen, and you leave your finger idle on the screen, not moving at all, the screen "shakes" like it's trying to move but can't cuz you're holding it. Same thing in Angry Birds Space too. You will notice that your aim will constantly move even though you're not moving your finger.

Ahh yes, I've noticed this too. This didn't happen on stock roms? I installed CM9 within hours of getting the phone :P

2nd April 2012, 05:49 AM   |  #238  
Flag Clifton, NJ
Thanks Meter: 82

863 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyview

Ahh yes, I've noticed this too. This didn't happen on stock roms? I installed CM9 within hours of getting the phone :P

Nope, never happened to any roms i've installed on either this phone or others, including cm7, so im assuming this is a sensor glitch which will be fixed later.
2nd April 2012, 03:11 PM   |  #239  
Thanks Meter: 90

755 posts
I've been keeping an eye on the changelog for this and am always kinda stunned at the amount of work that's required and what seems to be A LOT of detail work, small changes everywhere and such to get this working better and better.

I rly had no idea.

I looked at some other phones with cm available at get.cm and noticed there are no stable versions of cm9, no release candidates either, but quite a few phones getting updated nightly with cm9.

It all got me wanting to know how this impressive process works.....is it fair to say that Ricardo is THE guy doing the work on the p930? Looking at his programming checklist page it appears that all p930 work originates there and then gets OK'ed by a required # of colleagues then automatically merged into the current version and uploaded as a nightly?

Is that about right? It's ****ing very very impressive.

!
2nd April 2012, 03:42 PM   |  #240  
Thanks Meter: 149

673 posts
@scott0,

You are pretty much correct, Ricardo is the one responsible right now for fixes and code specific to our device. However, if you'll notice, a lot of the changes in the nightlies are actually ones affecting the entire cyanogenmod codebase or devices that share our chipset.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread