[Q] How to determin whethet its HARDWARE or FIRMWARE fault ???

23rd February 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

45 posts
Hi.

Yesterday my phone stopped recognising the earphones/speakers when plugged in ?! It doesn't show the "headphones" icon any more, and even on full volume I can here sound/music only on the left speaker/earphone very silently. I've tried 2 different headphones, 2 different speakers as well ... ale same results.

Is there a way how to determine whether it's firmware/software issue or hardware ???

Thank you in advance.

P.S. : what I did prior to noticing this problem - we have a new sound system in our school that has two places for connection. We were using one of them, but couldn't use the another one, because of lacking cable. Once the cable arrived and we connected the cable to the system - I've tried whether it's working with my phone. It played the sound only in the way, that I've described. So we have tried it with an Iphone (the same results) and later PC, which played the sound correctly. I'm still waiting for response from the Iphone owner, whether he has the same problem - but could the cable/system caused the fault ??? Do you think, that my phone would get damaged by "some current" ???
28th February 2012, 11:22 AM   |  #2  
Flag Sibiu
Thanks Meter: 7

12 posts
More
From what you say, it seems to be an hardware problem. To test this, you can perform a factory reset and if the problem persists it's definitively an hardware problem.
29th February 2012, 06:27 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 6

135 posts
More
one possibility is you got dust/lint in the earphone socket. the cover broke off on my defy, and i occasionally have to pull some lint out using a toothpick
1st April 2012, 10:27 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

45 posts
I've checked that as well, but couldn't see anything there. Well never mind now...I've sold the Defy and bought a new one. Such a great phone deserves that everything is running as it should

Thank you for your help.

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread