Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 47,669 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE]How To Unbrick Your Galaxy Tab!

Tip us?

yappoe
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Default You need dbdata.rtf

Please download this dbdata, and flash it using ODIN. It should fix your problem.
Attached Files
File Type: tar dbdata.rfs.tar - [Click for QR Code] (7.23 MB, 4362 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yappoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rebelde_
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by yappoe View Post
Please download this dbdata, and flash it using ODIN. It should fix your problem.
hey yappoe thank you very much, him it dire that they do it, go in the box pda, truth?

It is by that it does not do well the conversion to rfs?

Thank you Again mate

Greetings
The Following User Says Thank You to rebelde_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vkolas
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Tip for a Bricked (Black Screen of Death) Samsung Tab

I finally solved my Black-Screen-of-Death problem on my Samsung Tab 7. I tried every trick, every key-press/button press in the book. I've been to all the forums and read all the suggestions. But, what ultimately did the trick is moving from a Windows XP PC to a Windows 7 machine (I'm thinking the issue was driver corruption on the XP machine). Also (I'm not sure if this step was instrumental in the fix) I installed the Samsung ROM update utility (USCC_i800_EJ06_SimpleDL.exe), and simply followed the directions. The Samsung Update tool flashed the Tab like nothing was wrong. When finished, the Tab rebooted and I was back into a fresh stock install.

On a side note, I installed Heimdall (see instructions at beginning of this thread) flashed it with the Cubed 3D (VZW) custom ROM and I'm back in business.

I'm not guaranteeing this to work for everyone, but it worked for me after 3 days of pulling my hair out trying to get the device to do... anything other than show me the black screen of death. If this tip helps just one person then I am a happy camper. I hope this helps.

My device: Samsung Galaxy Tab (SCH-I800)

yappoe
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelde_ View Post
hey yappoe thank you very much, him it dire that they do it, go in the box pda, truth?

It is by that it does not do well the conversion to rfs?

Thank you Again mate

Greetings
Hey, Yes, just put in the PDA box on Odin. You do not need to convert the file to anything. just download it and put .tar onto ODIN directly.
The Following User Says Thank You to yappoe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

farcry27
Old
(Last edited by farcry27; 16th March 2012 at 10:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Question Link for P1000N

[ update] : a member posted me another link thanks.

Looking for a working link for a P1000N stock froyo ROM. All Multiupload.com links are currently down.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farcry27 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

putrabiru
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by farcry27 View Post
[ update] : a member posted me another link thanks.

Looking for a working link for a P1000N stock froyo ROM. All Multiupload.com links are currently down.

bro, please share the link.... mine was bricked after trying to rooting froyo.dxkm3 on Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1000 huhuhuuuu.... need the stock froyo 2.2 i guest...

priyana
Old
Thanks Meter 1247
are you sure you want P1000N stock rom?
Looks like you might have Asian ROM, if that is the case, don't try the P1000N ROM,
unless you think it is a brick already so no harm experimenting?
Why don't you head to the Overcome ROM thread in dev section and try to revive using Gingerbread instead of looking for another froyo.
The Following User Says Thank You to priyana For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

londonandlawson
Old
(Last edited by londonandlawson; 28th March 2012 at 05:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I have a Verizon Tab than can go in download mode or it will just stay stuck on the samsung black screen. When I load up Heim to get back top stock I do not have the options to add the files needed the tutorial says. Please link me to any files I need, I would greatly appreciate it

I added a pic from heim and one of when i tried installing the rom and an error I got
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	969184   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120327_215502.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	969239  

Stappern
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi i have a p1000 i was flashing cwm but failed and Now i can only see this

What can i do?

priyana
Old
Thanks Meter 1247
same case as this guy. follow my suggestion on the thread and you should be fine.
Make sure you double check you get the correct sha1sum of the downloads.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1564207

Tags
brick, bricked, dead, die