Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nook App Receives Much Needed Update!

Tip us?

dkb218
Old
(Last edited by dkb218; 17th March 2012 at 05:57 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 193
Default Nook App Receives Much Needed Update!

Not gonna say it's as good as the original but it's much better than it was. :thumbup::sly:

Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium
Galaxy Note 3
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Galaxy Gear 1
Asus Nexus 7 2013

dkb218
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 193
Sent from my Nook Tablet using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1332003378667.jpg
Views:	584
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	951794  
Galaxy Note 3
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Galaxy Gear 1
Asus Nexus 7 2013

xiefeilaga
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default How's the app?

I've been using NT stock, rooted for a while, and I'm getting a bit tired of it. This close (pinches fingers together) to taking the plunge and going CM 7. How well does the Nook app work? I'm assuming it doesn't let you access magazines, but otherwise, I'll get all the books I bought through them, right? Does it function much differently from the stock reader?

I've only got one magazine subscription, the New Yorker, and their implementation leaves much to be desired. I'm about ready to switch to a digital subscription with them and just run Cyanogen.

Sorry for putting this here. It's impossible to search for threads on the Nook app, because everyone likes writing "nook" in their thread titles.

PJLLB
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiefeilaga View Post
I've been using NT stock, rooted for a while, and I'm getting a bit tired of it. This close (pinches fingers together) to taking the plunge and going CM 7. How well does the Nook app work? I'm assuming it doesn't let you access magazines, but otherwise, I'll get all the books I bought through them, right? Does it function much differently from the stock reader?

I've only got one magazine subscription, the New Yorker, and their implementation leaves much to be desired. I'm about ready to switch to a digital subscription with them and just run Cyanogen.

Sorry for putting this here. It's impossible to search for threads on the Nook app, because everyone likes writing "nook" in their thread titles.
The Nook app works pretty well on the Android side, and yes you can get all of your books and certain magazines. If you look at the Nook magazine subscription, it will tell you if it's available for the Nook app, PC reading, or just Nooks. I checked, and the New Yorker only works with the Nooks themselves. The reader is very similar to the "stock" reader, and I actually like the page turning animation better -- it looks much more like a real page turn.

I dual boot (native Nook and CM7 SD card) so I can still use the Nook native reader for my magazine content -- which, for those to which I subscribe, is Nook only, not Nook app.
The Following User Says Thank You to PJLLB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xiefeilaga
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks. I might try out the dual-boot for a while. Actually, the only magazine I subscribe to is the New Yorker, and the implementation is pretty disappointing. If you back out of the app (each issue is actually its own app), it loses your place in the article, and it doesn't give you subscriber access to your archive. They have a digital subscription that gives you full access, so I might just try it that way. It's not a very visually compelling magazine to begin with.