Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Underclocking not effecting battery life?

OP Apk07

2nd April 2012, 01:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 75

247 posts
More
I thought I would try CPU Master Free to underclock as I don't game or do anything CPU-intensive often, and I don't really notice much change. I have it set to 800mhz max, set at boot, and it doesn't seem to have improved overall battery. Am I doing something wrong? Is it moreso a voltage thing?
2nd April 2012, 02:26 AM   |  #2  
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 470

1,877 posts
More
There are so many different things that effect battery life. The cpu might have not been sucking down that much juice as it is. Could be your screen, brightest, an app in the background, etc that's giving you bad battery life.
2nd April 2012, 02:36 AM   |  #3  
South Florida
Thanks Meter: 3

5 posts
More
What did it for me was setting the cpu idle setting in juice defender ultimate to 500mhz, with ondemand.

I guess you can use any program, but this was the setting that finally gave me all day battery life.
2nd April 2012, 07:15 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 699

1,291 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by new57

What did it for me was setting the cpu idle setting in juice defender ultimate to 500mhz, with ondemand.

I guess you can use any program, but this was the setting that finally gave me all day battery life.

What ROM are you running? I read on the Calk forum that in FC24 he removed the Tegrak power saving settings because the phone likes to lock up below 800 MHz on ICS.
2nd April 2012, 07:17 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan

247 posts
More
Speaking of which, it seems opening my camera freezes the whole phone now. I wonder if thats related...

Edit: Set it back to 1200mhz max, and the camera works fine again -_-
Last edited by Apk07; 2nd April 2012 at 07:20 AM.
2nd April 2012, 07:44 AM   |  #6  

1,291 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apk07

Speaking of which, it seems opening my camera freezes the whole phone now. I wonder if thats related...

Edit: Set it back to 1200mhz max, and the camera works fine again -_-

The release notes here for Calk's v1.3a mention that he removed the 800 MHz underclocking due to a kernel issue.
2nd April 2012, 07:47 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan

247 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSpamDan

The release notes here for Calk's v1.3a mention that he removed the 800 MHz underclocking due to a kernel issue.

Ah. I'm running the FC22 repack, not FC24. Guess it happens on all the kernels thus far
2nd April 2012, 10:30 PM   |  #8  

1,291 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apk07

Ah. I'm running the FC22 repack, not FC24. Guess it happens on all the kernels thus far

Yes, I believe that. Calk didn't say new kernel issue... I think it is ICS in general.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread