Do You Check for App Updates Regularly?

Do you let app updates happen automatically or do you regularly check for them? We’re … more

Find The Best Apps With Google’s Picks & Other Tricks

The Google Play Store, weighing in with more than 1.4 million apps at last … more

Dynamic Pop for Note 4 (N910T & 910W8)

With the release of the Canadian Lollipop ROM for the Note 4, T-Mobile users can also enjoy the … more

Sunday Debate: Better to Buy Older or Newer Hardware?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on New vs. Old. Come with your opinions and feel … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Underclocking not effecting battery life?

2nd April 2012, 12:32 AM |#1  
Apk07's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 75
 
255 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
I thought I would try CPU Master Free to underclock as I don't game or do anything CPU-intensive often, and I don't really notice much change. I have it set to 800mhz max, set at boot, and it doesn't seem to have improved overall battery. Am I doing something wrong? Is it moreso a voltage thing?
 
 
2nd April 2012, 01:26 AM |#2  
brooksyx's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 470
 
1,877 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
There are so many different things that effect battery life. The cpu might have not been sucking down that much juice as it is. Could be your screen, brightest, an app in the background, etc that's giving you bad battery life.
2nd April 2012, 01:36 AM |#3  
Junior Member
South Florida
Thanks Meter: 3
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
More
What did it for me was setting the cpu idle setting in juice defender ultimate to 500mhz, with ondemand.

I guess you can use any program, but this was the setting that finally gave me all day battery life.
2nd April 2012, 06:15 AM |#4  
NoSpamDan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,067
 
1,640 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by new57

What did it for me was setting the cpu idle setting in juice defender ultimate to 500mhz, with ondemand.

I guess you can use any program, but this was the setting that finally gave me all day battery life.

What ROM are you running? I read on the Calk forum that in FC24 he removed the Tegrak power saving settings because the phone likes to lock up below 800 MHz on ICS.
2nd April 2012, 06:17 AM |#5  
Apk07's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 75
 
255 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Speaking of which, it seems opening my camera freezes the whole phone now. I wonder if thats related...

Edit: Set it back to 1200mhz max, and the camera works fine again -_-
Last edited by Apk07; 2nd April 2012 at 06:20 AM.
2nd April 2012, 06:44 AM |#6  
NoSpamDan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,067
 
1,640 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apk07

Speaking of which, it seems opening my camera freezes the whole phone now. I wonder if thats related...

Edit: Set it back to 1200mhz max, and the camera works fine again -_-

The release notes here for Calk's v1.3a mention that he removed the 800 MHz underclocking due to a kernel issue.
2nd April 2012, 06:47 AM |#7  
Apk07's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 75
 
255 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSpamDan

The release notes here for Calk's v1.3a mention that he removed the 800 MHz underclocking due to a kernel issue.

Ah. I'm running the FC22 repack, not FC24. Guess it happens on all the kernels thus far
2nd April 2012, 09:30 PM |#8  
NoSpamDan's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,067
 
1,640 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apk07

Ah. I'm running the FC22 repack, not FC24. Guess it happens on all the kernels thus far

Yes, I believe that. Calk didn't say new kernel issue... I think it is ICS in general.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes