5,593,458 Members 36,509 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][TN] MIJJz JB GOODNESS JB 4.1.2 FK23 v1.0.3 (Updated 12/21/2012)

Tip us?

amw1972
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Different topic...the application monitor widget. I've seen it working exactly one time. Was wondering if there was a fix/work around to get it functioning the way it was intended? Am on 3.2,
fc24 kernel and modem.

Btw...btr is one of the most helpful. His patience has no end...at least so far.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
HTC Titan (Mogul )> HTC Raphael (TouchPro) >HTC Rhodium (TouchPro2) > HTC Supersonic (EVO 4G) > Samsung Galaxy S II (ET4G)

pimpin oh boy
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuDDuQ View Post
##3282# click edit then put in the spl code click others then MMSCURL
when ever i try to go mmscurl my setting will force close

nacron
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Took the plunge and came 2.5.1. Did a full wipe. Flashed 3.2. rebooted and let it sit for 15. Then i flashed the orange theme and the supposed stock kernel i found on mijj's repository and the FC24 modem. Rebooted and noted that my phone was hot all the time and my battery was draining about 1%/2 min. I used the power menu to boot to recovery and it booted right to the repacked recovery that I'm used to. Am flashing the wrong recovery? I was trying to flash the stock recovery to alleviate the reboot issue when steaming audio via Bluetooth (which is still there btw). Ss of my setup. I flashed the theme back, the orange was too overwhelming. I'd like to see an ICS4ICS version for 3.2. Some menu items with black text on gray buttons are still unreadable for me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Stock MJ4
-Rooted / Sandisk 64GB MicroSDXC

Samsung Galaxy S III Refurb Replacement
MOAR 5.01 [MD4|4.1.2|MD4 Modem]
-Rooted / Sandisk 64GB MicroSDXC

Samsung Epic 4G Touch 2nd Refurb Replacement
MIJJz BLEND ICS v16.0 [FF16|4.0.4|FF16 Stock Kernel|FF16 Modem]
-Rooted / Lexar Class 10 32GB MicroSDHC
FF18 Vlingo/Waze TTS Bugfix
Remove Vlingo Voice Dial in Gingerbread

ASUS Transformer Tab
[Stock ASUS JB. No root ]

bigtoysrock
Old
Thanks Meter 7954

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nacron View Post
Took the plunge and came 2.5.1. Did a full wipe. Flashed 3.2. rebooted and let it sit for 15. Then i flashed the orange theme and the supposed stock kernel i found on mijj's repository and the FC24 modem. Rebooted and noted that my phone was hot all the time and my battery was draining about 1%/2 min. I used the power menu to boot to recovery and it booted right to the repacked recovery that I'm used to. Am flashing the wrong recovery? I was trying to flash the stock recovery to alleviate the reboot issue when steaming audio via Bluetooth (which is still there btw). Ss of my setup. I flashed the theme back, the orange was too overwhelming. I'd like to see an ICS4ICS version for 3.2. Some menu items with black text on gray buttons are still unreadable for me.

You are very right about the kernel. Not sure what happened. Will be fixed with the correct file. Thanks.

amw1972
Old
(Last edited by amw1972; 2nd April 2012 at 06:36 AM.)
Thanks Meter 63
OK, i've seen a couple of these posts about over heating and battery drain. I'm running 3.2, stock FC24 kernel AND the stock FC24 modem, and ALSO on the orange theme. I've had NONE of the heating and battery drain issues. I've also read about the supposed clean install...but the following was MY procedures:

coming from 3.1...

mobile odin to FB21 ICS Rogue recovery...

reboot to recovery...wipe data...

wipe cache...then wipe dalvik cache (rinse repeat x3)

flash mijj's 3.2...boot...and let sit for 5-10 min

reboot to recovery...wipe cache...then dalvik cache (rinse repeat x2)

flash FC24 modem...boot and let sit for 5-10 min

reboot to recovery...wipe cache...then dalvik cache (blah blah blah)

flash orange theme...boot and let sit for 5-10 min

MOBILE ODIN...stock FC24 kernel...REBOOT and let sit 5-10 min

note: Found out when I had my EVO NOT to flash MORE than one thing at any given recovery session. ALSO, learned to let the ROM boot and settle its processes before restoring or continuing to flash other things.

second note: At any time you're updating a ROM...especially a different build. IT IS ALWAYS a good rule of thumb for a clean wipe. Parts of an old build may or may not get over written when the new one gets flashed. Those bits can still be sitting on your device and cause problems later on.

PS: I pulled my stock kernel from here sfhub's thread. near the bottom of the 2nd post is a download for a self extracting .tar for the stock kernel...perfect for your mobile odin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-04-01-22-11-25.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	978023  
HTC Titan (Mogul )> HTC Raphael (TouchPro) >HTC Rhodium (TouchPro2) > HTC Supersonic (EVO 4G) > Samsung Galaxy S II (ET4G)

saj1jr
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony92170 View Post
if your talking about contacts in mms (ics) its been that way even beforeics hit are phones and 3.1 and 3.2 now sync contacts np you dont even need haxsync anymore i still use it because the pic looks like hd. so to me it sounds like you didnt wipe good try again. you also say bugs and a few other things what are they how are we suppose to know tell us. Is your phone farting doing things on its own ect. tell us man
I'm talking about how when I use the ICS SMS, I receive a text, and it doesn't say the thread is from "John Doe", but instead, 303-555-5555.

Sorry, I should have been more descriptive, but from the obnoxious responses I've seen from some people, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference if you report bugs, but hey, I could be wrong.

Here is a list of problems I had, whether they were my fault or the ROM, idk. Btw, I've wiped three times, and used calks format all everytime, so things are wiped properly.

1) Contacts names not showing up in ICS SMS (however, that has been going on forever, apparently)
2) Can't edit or delete contacts without a force-close. I was usually able to edit/delete one contact, then once I went onto another one, I'd freeze up for about 30 seconds then get a force close
3) This is probably on my end or something, but idk. I run WiFi basically 24/7. I have DSL at home, unfortunately, so I really notice slow speeds when something is draining the speed. My cell was hogging bandwidth, somehow, which I never had an issue with on other ROM's, and I have the same setup with this ROM as opposed to the last, so idk what's with that.

I'm not trying to be a douchebag or anything, I really, really, really like this ROM. It's clean, it's fresh, it's legit, and I had great battery life with it, but I just feel like it seemed a bit unstable in spots. That's just my opinion though - the devs have done an awesome job with this ROM - I'll probably try again once the next release is issued.

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mijjah74 View Post
It all works fine for me. But since i built this solely to please you i will get right on it, NOT.

I really don't understand why you guys get so worked up.

It wasn't a bash at the ROM or your work or anything. Besides, if you can't take any constructive criticism (which I wasn't even criticizing to begin with) I don't know what to tell you.

Really, you've done an awesome job with it and it's the most true ICS ROM out there. I'm just having a few little issues and it was bugging me. I flashed like 3 times and I just didn't feel like doing it again to try and work things out.

Have a good one.

bigtoysrock
Old
Thanks Meter 7954

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by saj1jr View Post
I'm talking about how when I use the ICS SMS, I receive a text, and it doesn't say the thread is from "John Doe", but instead, 303-555-5555.

Sorry, I should have been more descriptive, but from the obnoxious responses I've seen from some people, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference if you report bugs, but hey, I could be wrong.

Here is a list of problems I had, whether they were my fault or the ROM, idk. Btw, I've wiped three times, and used calks format all everytime, so things are wiped properly.

1) Contacts names not showing up in ICS SMS (however, that has been going on forever, apparently)
2) Can't edit or delete contacts without a force-close. I was usually able to edit/delete one contact, then once I went onto another one, I'd freeze up for about 30 seconds then get a force close
3) This is probably on my end or something, but idk. I run WiFi basically 24/7. I have DSL at home, unfortunately, so I really notice slow speeds when something is draining the speed. My cell was hogging bandwidth, somehow, which I never had an issue with on other ROM's, and I have the same setup with this ROM as opposed to the last, so idk what's with that.

I'm not trying to be a douchebag or anything, I really, really, really like this ROM. It's clean, it's fresh, it's legit, and I had great battery life with it, but I just feel like it seemed a bit unstable in spots. That's just my opinion though - the devs have done an awesome job with this ROM - I'll probably try again once the next release is issued.

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 AM ----------

I really don't understand why you guys get so worked up.

It wasn't a bash at the ROM or your work or anything. Besides, if you can't take any constructive criticism (which I wasn't even criticizing to begin with) I don't know what to tell you.

Really, you've done an awesome job with it and it's the most true ICS ROM out there. I'm just having a few little issues and it was bugging me. I flashed like 3 times and I just didn't feel like doing it again to try and work things out.

Have a good one.
#1, It is the app, nothing to do with the rom, its in the market. Its always done that. Have yet to be able to get any other mms to work without stock in there. Maybe you didnt know that, but we cant fix it.

#2, I and quite a few people have found that if you clean install the rom and after it sits for a few minutes, go into your contacts and check the swipe to call pop up and back out of contacts, then go sign into google. Give it enough time to sync then go into contacts. This has been for FC of contacts, not sure if it will do anything for editing. If we dont get this issue or very few have reported this, it is hard to correct it.

#3, Is it this way with other modems?

Now, no one thinks your a douchebag, but when you say...
Quote:
Meh, I had to flash back to my old setup. I got sick of the annoying bugs with the contacts and a few other things that really stood out, for me at least.

Once the Contacts bug is fixed, and the ICS SMS setup is fixed to actually display your contacts name rather than their phone number, I'll come back to this ROM.
It seems as though your saying your entitled to something.

Mind you mijjah spends ALOT of time on this and when someone says, Meh, i'm not gonna run your stuff until you fix my issues, what the heck you want them to think?? I know you didn't say exactly that, but it sounded like it.

Not sure how this is constructive criticism
Quote:
Meh, I had to flash back to my old setup. I got sick of the annoying bugs with the contacts and a few other things that really stood out, for me at least.

Once the Contacts bug is fixed, and the ICS SMS setup is fixed to actually display your contacts name rather than their phone number, I'll come back to this ROM.
This is not a bug report at all for one. Maybe wording it different would help in the future.

And this comment (Sorry, I should have been more descriptive, but from the obnoxious responses I've seen from some people, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference if you report bugs, but hey, I could be wrong.) Rubs me wrong. Sure people get irritated and that, but name one other thread that has no bashing, no flaming and gets the level of support from the team? Not many right if any.

Alright now that I have made the HUGEST post in history, if you want some help with these bugs, let me know. Im always on Talk and answer questions non stop, so feel free. Hope you come back soon
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigtoysrock For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

saj1jr
Old
(Last edited by saj1jr; 2nd April 2012 at 07:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtoysrock View Post
#1, It is the app, nothing to do with the rom, its in the market. Its always done that. Have yet to be able to get any other mms to work without stock in there. Maybe you didnt know that, but we cant fix it.

#2, I and quite a few people have found that if you clean install the rom and after it sits for a few minutes, go into your contacts and check the swipe to call pop up and back out of contacts, then go sign into google. Give it enough time to sync then go into contacts. This has been for FC of contacts, not sure if it will do anything for editing. If we dont get this issue or very few have reported this, it is hard to correct it.

#3, Is it this way with other modems?

Now, no one thinks your a douchebag, but when you say...

It seems as though your saying your entitled to something.

Mind you mijjah spends ALOT of time on this and when someone says, Meh, i'm not gonna run your stuff until you fix my issues, what the heck you want them to think?? I know you didn't say exactly that, but it sounded like it.

Not sure how this is constructive criticism

This is not a bug report at all for one. Maybe wording it different would help in the future.

And this comment (Sorry, I should have been more descriptive, but from the obnoxious responses I've seen from some people, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference if you report bugs, but hey, I could be wrong.) Rubs me wrong. Sure people get irritated and that, but name one other thread that has no bashing, no flaming and gets the level of support from the team? Not many right if any.

Alright now that I have made the HUGEST post in history, if you want some help with these bugs, let me know. Im always on Talk and answer questions non stop, so feel free. Hope you come back soon
My point was purely that it wasn't constructive criticism, and simply an opinion. I'd hate to see any developer react to real constructive criticism like that, if that's the way they react just to an opinion.

Anyway, I'll probably come back eventually, and try to adjust some things and hopefully work out the issues I had. The WiFi thing was the biggest one for me. I'll have to try out a few other modems, but, I've never had this issue with any other modems, so, I'm not exactly sure what to think of it. I'm sure it's something most people just flat out don't notice because hey, who the hell still has DSL nowadays?? On top of it, my DSL sucks, so like I said, anything hogging it will be noticed quickly as soon as I get on my laptop and try loading, oh, let's just say this page itself.

Again, sorry if I caused anyone to take things the wrong way - it really wasn't meant as a bash in any way, shape, or form. Thanks for reaching out to help, I appreciate it!

EDIT: Btw, just to mention, someone else actually posted a screenshot of the force-close with the Contacts issue a few posts back (maybe 10 or 15 posts back) I'll try that fix you mentioned when I flash back to this ROM. Also, believe me, I'm not done with this ROM yet. You probably just inspired me to reflash it and just keep ****ing with it, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to saj1jr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bigtoysrock
Old
Thanks Meter 7954

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
My point was purely that it wasn't constructive criticism, and simply an opinion. I'd hate to see any developer react to real constructive criticism like that, if that's the way they react just to an opinion.

Anyway, I'll probably come back eventually, and try to adjust some things and hopefully work out the issues I had. The WiFi thing was the biggest one for me. I'll have to try out a few other modems, but, I've never had this issue with any other modems, so, I'm not exactly sure what to think of it. I'm sure it's something most people just flat out don't notice because hey, who the hell still has DSL nowadays?? On top of it, my DSL sucks, so like I said, anything hogging it will be noticed quickly as soon as I get on my laptop and try loading, oh, let's just say this page itself.

Again, sorry if I caused anyone to take things the wrong way - it really wasn't meant as a bash in any way, shape, or form. Thanks for reaching out to help, I appreciate it!

EDIT: Btw, just to mention, someone else actually posted a screenshot of the force-close with the Contacts issue a few posts back (maybe 10 or 15 posts back) I'll try that fix you mentioned when I flash back to this ROM. Also, believe me, I'm not done with this ROM yet. You probably just inspired me to reflash it and just keep ****ing with it, lol.
The acore. process one? That might be G+ if you have it installed and syncing also. Try when you will.

Tiffany84
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 2747

DONATE TO ME
Just wanted to let you guys know that I just updated my Honey thread for the theme I posted earlier for this rom. If you flashed the one from earlier you may want to download the one I posted in my thread and re-flash cause I added some stuff and fixed some things.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tiffany84 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
best rom hands down, don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk!, haha this is funny!, hey i read tags!, i <3 trs, i'm just hunting elphants., leisure suit larry, needs moar green!!!!, no one ever reads the tags., release v3.0 already signed overstew!, rwilco12, seriously funny stuff though, the dude abides, this is the junkie thread!!, xplod rom needs an update!!!!!, yeah what he said!!..lol
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe