Thanks Meter: 176

754 posts
More
Will there be anyway to purchase this in the UK the XL with s4
28th March 2012, 03:06 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 200

1,630 posts
Maybe, but there's only two possible ways:

1. You import it from a country that gets the One XL, but LTE won't work and you have to ensure that the WCDMA bands will work with your carrier.

2. A carrier in the UK gets the One XL with their LTE bands, and you get the phone that way.
30th March 2012, 07:12 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 21

163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt3r.j2

Maybe, but there's only two possible ways:

1. You import it from a country that gets the One XL, but LTE won't work and you have to ensure that the WCDMA bands will work with your carrier.

2. A carrier in the UK gets the One XL with their LTE bands, and you get the phone that way.

1. WCDMA bands in the UK use 900 MHz with all carriers mainly focused on 2100 MHz, with which the One X on AT&T utilises.

2. LTE would probably come as 800 MHz (common in EU + Three's calling for their share) or 1800 MHz (If EE wins the Ofcom bid).

Hope this answers your question!
31st March 2012, 08:20 AM   |  #4  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 11

320 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by senkulpa

1. WCDMA bands in the UK use 900 MHz with all carriers mainly focused on 2100 MHz, with which the One X on AT&T utilises.

2. LTE would probably come as 800 MHz (common in EU + Three's calling for their share) or 1800 MHz (If EE wins the Ofcom bid).

Hope this answers your question!

But, he wasn't asking a question...
1st April 2012, 01:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 21

163 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taknarosh

But, he wasn't asking a question...

Then the response goes to OP and as extra commentary to post 2!
1st April 2012, 09:23 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

110 posts
Spoke to an orange rep a few weeks ago and the one XL is on their system. They will have this version as orange will be rolling out 4G at the end of the year. That surprised me but it is true. Not sure when it will be released but orange will release the one x on April 5th.
2nd April 2012, 11:45 AM   |  #7  
Flag Midlands
Thanks Meter: 27

80 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzmo

Spoke to an orange rep a few weeks ago and the one XL is on their system. They will have this version as orange will be rolling out 4G at the end of the year. That surprised me but it is true. Not sure when it will be released but orange will release the one x on April 5th.

Sure that it's on Orange UK's system? I wouldn't hold my breath for an LTE rollout too soon.
3rd April 2012, 12:10 AM   |  #8  

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baum01

Sure that it's on Orange UK's system? I wouldn't hold my breath for an LTE rollout too soon.

According to the rep the rollout will begin at the end of the year. It has also been widely reported in the press that Ofcom have given the go ahead for Orange to rollout 4G (which Vodafone and O2 are seriously <bleeped> about).

He didn't even know about these phones (had no idea about the One X until I had called up). He was just reading through what he had on his system. Odds are it won't be available until nearer rollout, but they are already doing work on the masts (in conjunction with work on the T-Mobile masts).

It is surprisingly (and I say this as an Orange customer who only hangs with them to get good upgrade deals) credible and I think it will happen.
4th April 2012, 09:59 AM   |  #9  
Flag Durham, NC
Thanks Meter: 29

307 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzmo

If true, that is great news

I was thinking of importing the One XL from the states, but if we get an 1800MHz 4G version before the end of the year on EE, then I will be a happy boy indeed

Su
16th June 2012, 04:52 PM   |  #10  

7 posts
More
Two months on, has anyone heard any more about the One XL for the UK? I see Germany is supposed to be launching this month.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread