Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,073 Members 45,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MHL Adapter

Tip us?

glitzbd
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Default MHL from T-Mobile

I would like to report that the MHL adapter for my Sensation 4G from the T-Mobile store will work just fine with the Flyer!
Other:
iPhone 4S

My HTC Devices:
Current
HTC Passion (Google Nexus One) - Nice screen!
Current ROM: eViL's NXSense v1.26 (My dad uses it now)

Former
B]Galaxy Tab 10.1[/B]
AOKP (Latest)

HTC Pyramid (HTC Sensation 4G) - Blazing fast, understatement
Last ROM: Virtuous Quattro (Latest)

HTC Flyer - HTC on the Big Screen!
Last ROM: FlyHoney ROM v0.2

HTC Ace (HTC Inspire 4G) - Left AT&T!

HTC Rhodium (AT&T Tilt 2)

HTC Raphael (AT&T FUZE)

HTC Kaiser (AT&T Tilt)

LeeDroid
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 11,497

DONATE TO ME
+1, I was very pleased to discover that standard micro usb connectors work with the flyers obscure usb connector, its simply upside-down

Sent from my s-off HTC sensation running LeeDrOiD Sensational
Android Rom & Kernel Developer
HTC Desire, Desire HD, Sensation, EVO 3D, Flyer, One S & The One X
Click here to donate via PayPal and support future LeeDrOiD developments

Keep up to date: Twitter:@LeeDrOiD or LeeDrOiD ROMs on Facebook | To view my kernel source, visit @GitHub.com: LeeDroid-
Lee Bailey, Android ROM & Kernel developer!

Neaw
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default MHL HDMI AC M500 CABLE for the HTC M500 FLYER

MHL HDMI AC M500 CABLE can connect with our HTC FLYER, via HDMI to any screen, television or media that has HDMI input. It's as simple as plugging the cable ready.

I tried the MHL HDMI AC M500connecting to a Pionner AV-reciver vsx-520 with HDMI and connected to the TV Sony 32 " Benq Projector Screen 80"

http://youtu.be/eK7ZQfyzqZU
HTC One X | Android 4.1.1 con HTC Sense

---------------------------------------------------
NEXUS 7 16G | ROM Stock 4.1.2 JZO54K

indiziert
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Not sure whether this the right place to post,

Flyer running LeeDroid latest,
Using the Samsung MHL which was mentioned comaptible with the flyer.
Additonal hdmi to vga connector(with internal signal changer from digital to analog)

But i cannot get any output from the flyer to vga monitor as well as projector. Did i miss something?

DigitalMD
Old
Thanks Meter 612
Did you step back and try it direct to an HDMI TV first?
Did you try the Strock HC ROM?
Days of open internet are almost over as the biggies look for more revenue streaming from your wallet..Soon the internet will be a shell of its current self. With the government wanting their taxes and the big ISPs planning to charge extra for access to specific content (like facebook) and throttle your speed.
The Following User Says Thank You to DigitalMD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

indiziert
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMD View Post
Did you step back and try it direct to an HDMI TV first?
Did you try the Strock HC ROM?
That's the problem, i have not hdmi tv. But somehow the monitor receive some signal as but it's blank screen.

Does the mhl connector work like plug and play? Or do i need to set it some where?

EpicFail236
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by indiziert View Post
That's the problem, i have not hdmi tv. But somehow the monitor receive some signal as but it's blank screen.

Does the mhl connector work like plug and play? Or do i need to set it some where?
I had a similar problem. Apparently, some MHL adapters (or it may be the device, i dunno) require you to have some power running to the device before the output will work. Try running your power cable into the adapter and see if it starts working.
T-Mobile (10 yr customer)

Moto Defy+ -- 16GB sd, CM7.2 (really just a modem at this point)
Nexus 7 - 32GB (My daily driver)

NookColor --Repurposed (Mounted Kitchen Appliance!)
HTC HD2 -- Transferred to the wife for test work

HTC Flyer -- RETIRED (Use pending)
G1 white -- RETIRED (held for emergencies)

My contributions to this insanity:

App to set your Nook's volume buttons to be menu, back, and more!
The Following User Says Thank You to EpicFail236 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

indiziert
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicFail236 View Post
I had a similar problem. Apparently, some MHL adapters (or it may be the device, i dunno) require you to have some power running to the device before the output will work. Try running your power cable into the adapter and see if it starts working.
As it from samsung MHL it requires samsung adapter, and i've already connected it to the power port. Which means the mhl is already powered.

Hmm, since samsung power adapter has less power output then the htc one(9v 1.67A), this could be the reason that the mhl(or the device) is under powered.

But seeing other thread, on using the other mhl adapter/connector, makes me wonder. Do I really need official mhl connector to be able to generate output which can be directly converted to analog, from the cable i am using right now?

Sound like i am taking to my self. .

gascomm
Old
(Last edited by gascomm; 14th April 2012 at 05:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 25
@indiziert ... i've always understood you need to have the htc power supply powering any MHL device otherwise it won't work due to lack of power funnily enough. i guess it's a safeguard to stop the tablet/phone running out of juice half-way through a show/whatever since it's clearly a drain. i've a generic mhl device (amazon 10) which simply doesnt work until the power cord is attached. i've used both htc & generic usb power sources successfully. hope that helps.
_
htc desire spazedog ICS 0.9.0 update 1 4ext recovery touch homebrew retro football inspired bar-scarf boot

think thanks - say thanks - hit thanks
_
The Following User Says Thank You to gascomm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

indiziert
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gascomm View Post
@indiziert ... i've always understood you need to have the htc power supply powering any MHL device otherwise it won't work due to lack of power funnily enough. i guess it's a safeguard to stop the tablet/phone running out of juice half-way through a show/whatever since it's clearly a drain on power.
thanks, mate. i try to order the original htc MHL.

will be posting the result later on, here.