XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Batteries for Optimus Black

Tip us?

scamex
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGripper View Post
Can you tell me how much the battery improved with 500mA charger.

My mom's SE x8 charger is 850mA...so i'm going to try that.

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium
Dont bother thinking at batteries. I got a 5000 mA battery from a store, mode it, and began to test it. With 1 hour on youtube, few calls lasting no more than 20 minutes, 3 videoclips, 15 hours of inactivity battery was at 1%.
I`m on zeus v6.1 and i think that you can put a 199999999999999 mA battery and you will get same drain.

Sorry for my english.

ogremount
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamex View Post
Dont bother thinking at batteries. I got a 5000 mA battery from a store, mode it, and began to test it. With 1 hour on youtube, few calls lasting no more than 20 minutes, 3 videoclips, 15 hours of inactivity battery was at 1%.
I`m on zeus v6.1 and i think that you can put a 199999999999999 mA battery and you will get same drain.

Sorry for my english.
Nothing to argue there mate but even with the current issues with Data tracker my battery lasts 5-6 hours heavy hammering - games, video calls and fast browsing.
When i add the battery pack ( coinsidently mine is 5Ah as well) = 2-3 days of no worries.
The issues are result of trying to improve. Not happy ? Feel free to abandon ROM, at least there are plenty of ROMs at the moment.
Dont forget Huexxx has life as well.
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind

TheGripper
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamex View Post

Sorry for my english.
Battery life sounds worst with a 5000 Ah battery than the stock one. If I were you I would consider a possibility that you got a fake battery. I heard they sell a lot of those...

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda premium

maniAK-
Old
Thanks Meter 26
not realy much options for batteries for this otherwise amazing phone
seen this link on amazon thinking of buying and testing
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-1600mA...4139591&sr=8-9

frost_cz
Old
(Last edited by frost_cz; 1st May 2012 at 11:51 AM.) Reason: wrong SKU code provided, now it's correct
Thanks Meter 0
Hey I wanna share my experiences with this battery and I hope it will help others who are considering purchase :)

I can't post links so on the dealextreme this battery is under SKU code : SKU 106072

Little bit of backgroud:

After update my LG OB to android 2.3.4 (provider Vodafone CZ) I have encountered lot of problems - poor response, lot of lags, whole phone was very lazy
I have downgraded back to 2.2.2 make root and install custom rom [B]ravenous v4.0 xperiaS(v20n stock rom) 2.3.4 GB Deodexed!
This rom is great, fast response, no lags, nice design :)

With stock battery and original LG roms I have problem to reach 24 hours battery life, battery was draining too fast. I usualy get around 18hours and I have to recharge. That was reason, why I have decided to purchase bigger battery.

I am currently running with this ravenous rom and this extra battery and right now i have after 1 day and 15 hours 19% of battery remaining :)

I am very satisfied because with stock rom and stock battery my OB have to daily visit charger. With this battery I have more than 100% battery life.

I hope the duration of battery life will improve after few charging cycles.

Well the phone is pretty thick, but the weight is still OK, for me is the priority duration on battery.

aniym
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by frost_cz View Post
Hey I wanna share my experiences with this battery and I hope it will help others who are considering purchase :)

I can't post links so on the dealextreme this battery is under SKU code : SKU 106072

Little bit of backgroud:

After update my LG OB to android 2.3.4 (provider Vodafone CZ) I have encountered lot of problems - poor response, lot of lags, whole phone was very lazy
I have downgraded back to 2.2.2 make root and install custom rom [B]ravenous v4.0 xperiaS(v20n stock rom) 2.3.4 GB Deodexed!
This rom is great, fast response, no lags, nice design :)

With stock battery and original LG roms I have problem to reach 24 hours battery life, battery was draining too fast. I usualy get around 18hours and I have to recharge. That was reason, why I have decided to purchase bigger battery.

I am currently running with this ravenous rom and this extra battery and right now i have after 1 day and 15 hours 19% of battery remaining :)

I am very satisfied because with stock rom and stock battery my OB have to daily visit charger. With this battery I have more than 100% battery life.

I hope the duration of battery life will improve after few charging cycles.

Well the phone is pretty thick, but the weight is still OK, for me is the priority duration on battery.
I had the same problem on the LG updated 2.3.4 on Telus (Canada). No improvement in battery life, bad lag, etc.

It was after rooting and flashing Zeus, which came with the Batterycalibration app that I'm finally starting to see decent life (15-18 hours normal usage). Before it would die in 7 hours or so with very little usage and get very hot when browsing normal, non-flash websites.

Still, I'm interested in getting the battery you mentioned, unfortunately, there are no reviews on DX to corroborate yours.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/replace...-106072?item=2

henriguners
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Many battery,come with fake capacity.. fusion OEM batery with portable charge,,look great.:thumbup:

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2

zagarfan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The only thing what i hate in OB the battery...

Now I using Zeus Rom and ICS alpha both, and I surprised that my battery has much more energy then before...

I think the battery will always be a problem for OB!!

navossoc
Old
Thanks Meter 216
How much time you guys can use the battery without recharge (standby)?

I'm already in 3 days, but I already got 5 days.
(stock V20C, root, without lg social stuff)

Now I'm using the CM7, I'm loving it

[]'s

N00BY0815
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1871

DONATE TO ME
Did anyone already find a good battery? Which can last about 2 days of medium use? Like a 1900 mAh one? Cause I can find pretty many, but they all seem to be fake... Hope anyone already has got some results on them

Read it, if you're new in this forum!

Tags
battery