Rezound Root

OP dabrosca

2nd April 2012, 10:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Folks,

I'm planning on picking up a Rezound this coming Friday, but before I do I want to make sure that there is reputable root out on this device. I've been reading through the threads and all I see is a temp root. First, which root have people used and recommend? What I think a temp root means is that simply I can root it, but if Verizon sends an OTA - I'll be unrooted again, is that correct? Also, if I root and load a new ROM I'm assuming that becomes a moot point and then I'm permanently rooted.

I know, newbie questions... sorry.
2nd April 2012, 01:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

46 posts
There is no temp root method on a phone that has the ota from the end of January. I'm sure most phones shipping now have this. To permanent root you need to unlock the boot loader on the htcdev website, flash amon ra recovery and then install superuser from the devolper menu in recovery.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
2nd April 2012, 02:15 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 7

67 posts
There is definitely a permanent root method and a good development community for the rezound. I perm rooted my phone the first week I got it and haven't looked back.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
2nd April 2012, 02:41 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 6,104

5,157 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeradsjunk

There is no temp root method on a phone that has the ota from the end of January. I'm sure most phones shipping now have this. To permanent root you need to unlock the boot loader on the htcdev website, flash amon ra recovery and then install superuser from the devolper menu in recovery.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

In continuation of your post if you don't mind;
or you can go straight to a custom rom after creating a nandroid backup.
2nd April 2012, 06:57 PM   |  #5  
Flag El Paso
Thanks Meter: 19

268 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuzzo

In continuation of your post if you don't mind;
or you can go straight to a custom rom after creating a nandroid backup.

Yes you can go custom Rom immediately. I never did a nandroid backup. Just unlocked bootloader installed amon ra recovery. Flashed Rom after Rom lol

Just make sure to read thoroughly before flashing. If flashing GB roms most will require you to install the kernel and boot image but will basically be automated. Just nerd to hit the power button in bootloader then follow the steps.
If ICS you MAY need to run the ruu leak or run a patch for older firmware.

Sounds difficult but will make more sense when you are performing the flash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread