Wink Here to help you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFitz View Post
Hello Cesar,

I'm hopelessly lost. Tried to flash the recovery PRECISELY as per your instructions -

"...you need the recovery (Amon RA's Ra-Hero-v1.6.2.zip) in your phone and terminal emulator, now do this:

In your phone put the recovery (extract it from the zip) and rename the Ra-hero-v1.6.2.img file as recovery.img

now, put the mem in the phone and go to terminal emulator app

now write this (dont write things on the "()")

su
(press enter)
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
(press enter)

it will take a few seconds and.... TADA!

I get the messages "Executing recovery" and "...granted Superuser permission"...but no TADA! Hours later my screen remains frozen on the terminal.

In addition, I cannot even manage to find or download even half of what you've listed although I've been trying for the last 10 hours. So I won't waste any more of your time. You've gone out of your way to help me but I am going afraid it will be better if I donate my phone to Goodwill and pick up something newer. I'm really sorry for putting you to all this trouble...

Laurie
Never mind, I'm here for help, no matter what

only one last thing: Try to search in youtube for how to upgrade your phone to android 2.1 or 2.2, that must be fine (and i think there's no need to root or anything )

Glag to help you! but...

If you want to keep going trough this process, send me a Private Message n.n

Remember to read my signature!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Adiós y gracias por su visita n.n
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
------------------------
Do you still haven't a Dropbox account? Sing up Here for up to 8GB of FREE online storage.
------------------------

--------------
"I almost cried when i knew this phone doesn't has android.
Can someone plz help me to install android and later tell me how to jailbroke my HTC G1?"

Anonimous - At XDA Forums

--------------

If I helped you in any way, don’t forget to hit the THANKS! Button.