Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,354 Members 43,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] TouchPad UNOFFICIAL CM9 Nightly Builds [DISCONTINUED]

Tip us?

zanderman112
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1839

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeballer View Post
Sorry guys, I was out of town this weekend so didn't have a chance to respond to all the questions.

At this point, the reboot fixes and other outstanding issues are all 100% merged into main CM code, so there should be no difference between the official and unofficial builds (other than the new adreno drivers in mine - which don't seem to matter much right now - probably until we move to a 3.0 kernel).

There was some confusion regarding 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 - I'm not sure why the 3/30 build missed the 4.0.4 build id change, it's possible there was an error in the repo sync that night so it didn't get pulled, but the underlying OS changes were already in place from the day before so really there was no significant change other than the ID being wrong - the base OS changes to 4.0.4 did not go through gerrit, they are just applied.

Hope that answers the questions, this week i'll look at the higher fps boot animation and maybe add that as stock into my builds too. Other than that the only differences between the two sets of builds will be based on the time of the repo sync and build.

I don't intend to provide "support" for these builds, if there's something fun I've cherry picked in I'll post but otherwise, flash away
No reason to keep the nightlies *that* similar now

I like the sound of "cherry picking fun things," especially when I flash new builds every day.

~ E.R.A.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Click banner for my Twitter^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
<---- I now have a PayPal donate link right over there <----
If you don't wan't to straight up donate via PayPal, these Amazon.com virtual giftcards are always appreciated

My Devices:

Sprint Galaxy S3 on Stock Deodexed MB1+Multi-View mod
OUYA 1st Gen on Stock Rooted JZ054L-Ouya
HP Touchpad on patched up webOS 3.0.5 & CyanogenMod 10.1
Samsung Epic 4G on CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightlies

bjonesy77
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I'm having problems with the latest CM9 nightly. I've got an alpha build on the touchpad, so I put the new nightly and newer GAPPS on the root of my "sd card."

Then I boot to CWM, wipe data and cache, flash CM9nightly and GAPPS, then reboot. It now will only boot into the "ANDROID" screen but go no further. I've been able to get back into CWM and restore the backup I made and boot back into the alpha build.

Any ideas why I cannot boot into CM9?

zanderman112
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1839

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjonesy77 View Post
I'm having problems with the latest CM9 nightly. I've got an alpha build on the touchpad, so I put the new nightly and newer GAPPS on the root of my "sd card."

Then I boot to CWM, wipe data and cache, flash CM9nightly and GAPPS, then reboot. It now will only boot into the "ANDROID" screen but go no further. I've been able to get back into CWM and restore the backup I made and boot back into the alpha build.

Any ideas why I cannot boot into CM9?
Bad download. Sounds like that anyways.

~ E.R.A.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Click banner for my Twitter^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
If you don't wan't to straight up donate via PayPal, these Amazon.com virtual giftcards are always appreciated

My Devices:

N!njaDuck
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Question about builds:

Can someone tell me what the last 4 digits in the build file names represent?

Are those branches or something?

Just curious.
PM me if your are an excellent developer looking for work in the eastern US

zanderman112
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1839

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by N!njaDuck View Post
Question about builds:

Can someone tell me what the last 4 digits in the build file names represent?

Are those branches or something?

Just curious.
Time during the day they were built. 08:00am, 01:13pm, 02:45pm, etc. At least, I think.

~ E.R.A.

My Devices:

The Following User Says Thank You to zanderman112 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chicle_11
Old
Thanks Meter 217
After flashing the 0405 nightly, I had wifi issues for the first time. I went back to the 0404 nightly and it's working fine now. The Antutu scores for the 0405 was in the 5700's, in the 0404's it was 6529

O.a.T.
Old
Thanks Meter 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderman112 View Post
Bad download. Sounds like that anyways.

~ E.R.A.
Or maybe kernel isn't loading due to too full boot partition?

ivangs1
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicle_11 View Post
After flashing the 0405 nightly, I had wifi issues for the first time. I went back to the 0404 nightly and it's working fine now. The Antutu scores for the 0405 was in the 5700's, in the 0404's it was 6529
Anyone with the same problem with latest nightly?

MarkMcCoskey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just flashed 0407. Had 0406 on yesterday. All seems well. Will play with this for awhile. Thanks for pumping these out daily.

scariola
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Anyone can test the bluetooth on the latest versions here, as the OFFICIAL NIGHTLY, bluetooth is borked.

Would like to use sixaxis on other then alpha 2.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using Tapatalk

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe