Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,519 Members 42,390 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UTILITY] Simon's HTC Utility v4

Tip us?
j4n87 Old
Thanks Meter
..any chances that you realease the source codes on your github?
Or describe pls how this stuff works.

Don't want to talk your work bad. But we all have to ensure that it wont brick our devices.
And one confirmation,that its working is too less.

Maybe also a video could help to convince us from your work.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qpop
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Hi, is it possible to release the source code to allow other devs to build on this work?

Cheers.
"Whatever you are be a good one"

Phone: Nexus 5 <- Samsung i9505 <- HTC One X <- HTC Vision <- HTC Hero <- BB Bold 9000<- BB Curve 8320 <- Orange SPV M700

Tablet: Samsung Google Nexus 10
The Following User Says Thank You to qpop For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
simonsimons34 Old
Thanks Meter
I will eventually. Right now there's nothing to build on though. It works with every phone. This weekend (school takes major time) I will release partial code enough to see what it does but only the code of the batch file (it does all the work.) Give me a few days. Eventually will be GUI And shell on Linux

Sent from my HTC_A510c using Tapatalk

Hawke84
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1142
Hi, im new to WFS forums, got a sensation S-off etc but was looking for my girlfriends phone. will this basically S-off and unlock BL of any WFS phone like the revolutionary tool for other phones?

thanks
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Kernel: Talexop Kernel
Rom: Goldeneye V35 (Android 4.4.2)
Baseband: I9505XXUEMJ5
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2013) Stock Rom with Qualcomm patch. 4.4.3
Retired / Sold: Asus TF201 & HTC Sensation

Sign up for Copy for 15GB of free lifetime space! use this link and get an extra 5GB bonus! Thats 20Gb for you!

bobdamnit
Old
(Last edited by bobdamnit; 3rd April 2012 at 01:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 93
Theoretically, this should work on ANY HTC phone, not just the Wildfire S. (Unlocking, anyway)

Guys, you want the code? Run the EXE and find it in your temp folders. All the .bat files will be in there. There's your code.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Also, should you guys that are already "unlocked" and want to try this out, use "TheQ"s bootloader relocker. It works to relock your bootloader.

Then use this to unlock it.

I've done it. Both work great.
"Its like asking the chef to crack the shell on your soup because your Coca-Cola has too much crunchy butter. It just doesn't make sense!"--Grrrrrumpy

geek78
Old
Thanks Meter 147
are you talking about the option N 1 "Bootloader Unlock CDMA Only" or the option 4 "s-off" to test on another device ?
geek78
SGN GT-N5100 White - SGN SM-N9005 Black

bobdamnit
Old
(Last edited by bobdamnit; 3rd April 2012 at 02:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 93
Simon, is this the "universal"? If not, is the other one you linked me to universal? (No, it claims CDMA only too.)

Also, CM7 built in 15 minutes lol. No compile errors, but I haven't flashed it yet through fastboot. Doing the VM hboot test in about 20 min.
"Its like asking the chef to crack the shell on your soup because your Coca-Cola has too much crunchy butter. It just doesn't make sense!"--Grrrrrumpy

Hawke84
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1142
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdamnit View Post
Theoretically, this should work on ANY HTC phone, not just the Wildfire S. (Unlocking, anyway)

Guys, you want the code? Run the EXE and find it in your temp folders. All the .bat files will be in there. There's your code.

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Also, should you guys that are already "unlocked" and want to try this out, use "TheQ"s bootloader relocker. It works to relock your bootloader.

Then use this to unlock it.

I've done it. Both work great.
ok thanks, this may be useful for our unbricking project on sensation.

so just to make sure i got it right, this performs S-off and unlocks HBOOT?
thanks
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Kernel: Talexop Kernel
Rom: Goldeneye V35 (Android 4.4.2)
Baseband: I9505XXUEMJ5
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2013) Stock Rom with Qualcomm patch. 4.4.3
Retired / Sold: Asus TF201 & HTC Sensation

Sign up for Copy for 15GB of free lifetime space! use this link and get an extra 5GB bonus! Thats 20Gb for you!

bobdamnit
Old
(Last edited by bobdamnit; 3rd April 2012 at 02:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawke84 View Post
ok thanks, this may be useful for our unbricking project on sensation.

so just to make sure i got it right, this performs S-off and unlocks HBOOT?
thanks
Yes, but as far as I know it only works on CDMA HTC devices for now. Don't quote me on that.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

VM Hboot didn't work. Flashed ok, but phone rebooted to black (backlit) screen and wont go any further. Attempting to boot into hboot caused a bootloop.

Looks like I'm heading to the MetroPCS store lol.

Will unlock, S-OFF, and install CWM with this utility and let you all know how it goes with a totally stock Marvelc Wildfire S.

Edit:

To clarify, UNLOCK should work on ANY HTC device. S-OFF is ONLY working on CDMA for now.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobdamnit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

junxracr
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Do you think this will work on EVO 3D. I've been reading that you have to downgrade hboot to 1.4 from 1.5. Anyone try this ?

Sent from my HTC MarvelC A510c using XDA
Marvelc