Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 42,243 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to retrieve my current unlock code?

Tip us?

mikecore
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] How to retrieve my current unlock code?

Hi there!
I was provided an unlock code by Dell, and unfortunately I had imprudence not to rewrite it somewhere. So, my phone is currently unlocked, but I want to figure out what is my unlock code.
Maybe somebody knows, is it possible or not?
Waiting for your replies

Omnichron
Old
Thanks Meter 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecore View Post
Hi there!
I was provided an unlock code by Dell, and unfortunately I had imprudence not to rewrite it somewhere. So, my phone is currently unlocked, but I want to figure out what is my unlock code.
Maybe somebody knows, is it possible or not?
Waiting for your replies
the best advice I can give you is call Dell Technical services and they will gladly provide it for you. let me know how it goes.
Douchebag Level: Maximum

TheManii
Old
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1506

DONATE TO ME
If you've already unlocked it, the code itself isnt useful anymore as there's no way to reuse it. It's not possible (to my knowledge) to relock a phone under most curcumstances.
XDA Wiki Moderator
Nexus 4: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P) 2013 N7: Stock 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
iTouch 5G: 6.1.2 (10B146) Surface Pro 2: Win8.1u1 (6.3.9600.17085.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140330-1035)

mikecore
Old
(Last edited by mikecore; 31st March 2012 at 08:16 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnichron View Post
the best advice I can give you is call Dell Technical services and they will gladly provide it for you. let me know how it goes.
Unfortunately, I called Dell Support Center only 1 time over Skype, when I was in Ukraine.
They asked me the copy on invoice, which I hadn't have because I was not provided it by the seller on Ebay. And also they asked my EService and ServiceTag. I fib a lot of different reasons on the question, why I cannot provide them the copy on invoice, but they didn't break. Later, my seller contacted the Support Center and they provided him a new unlock code. That was the solve of my question. And as I've already told, I had imprudence to lose it.

mikecore
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii View Post
If you've already unlocked it, the code itself isnt useful anymore as there's no way to reuse it. It's not possible (to my knowledge) to relock a phone under most curcumstances.
I do know that if I use unlock code, it can't be used anymore. But.
The reason of creating the new topic was that I'd flashed my Venue with MIUI, and on the boot of the phone, it requires a sim pin, and then it requires a network pin or smth like that. But after I've flashed official 325 firmware, this message is gone.
Now I want to back to MIUI, and I'm interested, what will happen.
Later I'll post a result.

Thanks everyone for answers.

AnyMal
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Flasing different firmaware is not going to restore SIM lock; once your phone is SIM unlocked it will stay that way. SIM pin is something different. IIRC the default SIM pin is 0000 or 1111. You should be able to get that from your carrier.
~Flavor of the day: Lumia 900~
~Couch Potato: iPad 2 3G 64GB~
~Road Warrior: 2012 13" Macbook Air~