Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] How to retrieve my current unlock code?

OP mikecore

30th March 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Hi there!
I was provided an unlock code by Dell, and unfortunately I had imprudence not to rewrite it somewhere. So, my phone is currently unlocked, but I want to figure out what is my unlock code.
Maybe somebody knows, is it possible or not?
Waiting for your replies
31st March 2012, 02:00 AM   |  #2  
Flag East Highland, CA
Thanks Meter: 117

924 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecore

Hi there!
I was provided an unlock code by Dell, and unfortunately I had imprudence not to rewrite it somewhere. So, my phone is currently unlocked, but I want to figure out what is my unlock code.
Maybe somebody knows, is it possible or not?
Waiting for your replies

the best advice I can give you is call Dell Technical services and they will gladly provide it for you. let me know how it goes.
31st March 2012, 02:32 AM   |  #3  
Wiki Admin / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,599

3,547 posts
If you've already unlocked it, the code itself isnt useful anymore as there's no way to reuse it. It's not possible (to my knowledge) to relock a phone under most curcumstances.
31st March 2012, 09:11 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnichron

the best advice I can give you is call Dell Technical services and they will gladly provide it for you. let me know how it goes.

Unfortunately, I called Dell Support Center only 1 time over Skype, when I was in Ukraine.
They asked me the copy on invoice, which I hadn't have because I was not provided it by the seller on Ebay. And also they asked my EService and ServiceTag. I fib a lot of different reasons on the question, why I cannot provide them the copy on invoice, but they didn't break. Later, my seller contacted the Support Center and they provided him a new unlock code. That was the solve of my question. And as I've already told, I had imprudence to lose it.
Last edited by mikecore; 31st March 2012 at 09:16 AM.
31st March 2012, 09:16 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManii

If you've already unlocked it, the code itself isnt useful anymore as there's no way to reuse it. It's not possible (to my knowledge) to relock a phone under most curcumstances.

I do know that if I use unlock code, it can't be used anymore. But.
The reason of creating the new topic was that I'd flashed my Venue with MIUI, and on the boot of the phone, it requires a sim pin, and then it requires a network pin or smth like that. But after I've flashed official 325 firmware, this message is gone.
Now I want to back to MIUI, and I'm interested, what will happen.
Later I'll post a result.

Thanks everyone for answers.
3rd April 2012, 04:07 PM   |  #6  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 163

1,940 posts
More
Flasing different firmaware is not going to restore SIM lock; once your phone is SIM unlocked it will stay that way. SIM pin is something different. IIRC the default SIM pin is 0000 or 1111. You should be able to get that from your carrier.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread