[Q] Best ROM/Kernel for Ray?

Search This thread

manishsingh

Mar 30, 2006
I have mostly tried all the rom's that are out there for Ray and here is my suggestion:

Gigengerbread ROM either of the two given below:
1- Repack by 4pda.ru team http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1424121
2. RayOnium.v7 Final Version http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1472043

If you want ICS ROM:

1. [ICS] JJ's HYBRID ROM v3 (New Battery Fix) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1535971

Note: Make sure you install the Email Patch which is given in the same thread.

Let me once again re-iterate that each ROM for Ray is unique and a lot of effort has been put in by each of the developers and I mean no disrespect to any of them. My suggestion is based on my personal liking.

I hope this helps you in making a decision :)

Last edited:

nerve

Jul 15, 2007
I've flashed KA11 Ice Cream Sony, JJ's HYBRID ROM v3 and RayOnium v7.

The best for me is Rayonium v7 and I stick with this rom.
It smooth, stable and very good battery life (with aire kernnel @1.0 Ghz)
The only drawback is it has too much (useless)bloatware.
I have to delete it myself after flashed.

imo ics roms are smooth but the battery drain very fast (even flash with wifi module patch)

Reactions: yash_p90

buguk1010

Jan 27, 2012
i am using a Frankenstein rom :p part KA11, part JJ, other parts from other roms.

works fine with me :p

cyjambo

Dec 31, 2010
Hi all,

I am getting my Ray tomorrow and this question is an interesting one. I will of course try most of the ROMs and choose afterwards, but I would love to hear your opinions.

Peace,

Jambo

Da-BOSS

Apr 2, 2012
Russia - Moscow
github.com
I am confused

I Have my xperia ray locked boot loader and rooted and have GB fw.42 stock with removed bloatware.I have a question. do i unlock my boot loader in GB or wait for an upgrade to the official ICS software and then unlock boot loader? if u don't mind if u answered this:confused: question :Di would really appreciated :D

mathewgx

Feb 25, 2012
Does the baseband 66 has greek language ?

Also , I have KA11 with 62 baseband. If I flash the 66 baseband I will lose my apps and settings ?

Gabrech

Dec 21, 2012
toulouse
I think the question would be:

"I want my girlfriend's ray to be smoother, but I do not want to be flashing it all the time or she'll get mad eventually"

Same problem here, I am quite spending my time in finding the right rom to flash, and I'm looking for a rom with battery life, smoothness and everything working (flashing FXP every two weeks is beginning to kill my time / couple ;) . I was thinking of flashing Flykernel + Ultimate HD (ICS) but do not know if this is a good choice. Any clue to get a good AOSP / Stable / Battery friendly rom ?

thanks for this thread !

™ God ™

Nov 27, 2012
I think the question would be:

"I want my girlfriend's ray to be smoother, but I do not want to be flashing it all the time or she'll get mad eventually"

Same problem here, I am quite spending my time in finding the right rom to flash, and I'm looking for a rom with battery life, smoothness and everything working (flashing FXP every two weeks is beginning to kill my time / couple ;) . I was thinking of flashing Flykernel + Ultimate HD (ICS) but do not know if this is a good choice. Any clue to get a good AOSP / Stable / Battery friendly rom ?

thanks for this thread !

Man Stop Bumping Old Threads Please

You Make Xperia Ray Android Development Trash

Reactions: MrTapa

Gabrech

Dec 21, 2012
toulouse
With the title of the thread, I haven't noticed this was in Dev. section. This has nothing to do in dev, you're right.

Rizal Lovins

Recognized Developer / Themer / Inactive RC
May 30, 2012
Bandung
LG V30
Lol :p

This thread maybe help for someone like OP

But this thread wrong section, You just make new thread on general Forum, or contact moderator to move this thread

Ok back to topic

You can install All ROM for Ray, one by one, you will have see & feel ...

if all ROM don't you like, just try another mod like Mod Themes, Mod Camera, Tweek, etc ...

Cheers ;)

Note : Please don't compare ROM

Best Regards
Rizal Lovins

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends. My girlfriend recently purchased a Ray. We have rooted the phone and now are ready to install a custom ROM. I wanted a review of ROMs from you guys which you have used on your Ray. (Camera, battery life, smoothness, stability etc.)

You can help me by letting me know about the following ROMs

- CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1
    - KA11 Ice Cream Sony
    - FreeXperiaProject 7.2
    - FreeXperiaProject 9.0
    - JJ's HYBRID ROM v3
    - RayOnium

Or you could just tell me the best ROM for Ray. :p
    Try it yourself, and please don't post this kind of question again.
    :confused:
    Well I thought xda was meant to share your knowledge and help others!
    Yes but not this kind of question. Clearly you post it at the wrong thread. Why don't you put it on the sticked thread above? And again, none is the Best. It comes down to each person's experiences, and it is not kindly enough to compare something that's been done for passion, with silly ranks. If all ROMs are paid version, you could ask such a question. But it is free so it is ethically not allowed to compare them all, it just makes some war (as i have seen it before on X10MP forum). Try yourself and read all the testimonial. Read before ask will never hurt.
    Try it yourself, and please don't post this kind of question again.

there is nothing bad in asking for help.. Newbies really dont know where to go... ;)

Its just a Kernel or ROM the guy is asking...There wont be anything too sensitive or emotional for Dev if someone helps him choosing a ROM... :)

@OP... Every ROM has its own features... Depends on users choice or features he/she wants... it just takes 15 mins to check a ROM and its features... try each one by one and stay with the one that suits u more...;)
    Well at least they can read, can't they? Just keeping this thread clean and tidy and minimal of confrontation. I know it is maybe harmless, but i won't bet on it since i have seen it growing to some hatred to the devs later. ;)

U never flashed my ROM... you hate it... Did i ever hate u coz of that?...:D

its just a Phone... not something related to my Personal characters...;)
    Hi friends. My girlfriend recently purchased a Ray. We have rooted the phone and now are ready to install a custom ROM. I wanted a review of ROMs from you guys which you have used on your Ray. (Camera, battery life, smoothness, stability etc.)

You can help me by letting me know about the following ROMs

- CyanogenMod 7.2 RC1
    - KA11 Ice Cream Sony
    - FreeXperiaProject 7.2
    - FreeXperiaProject 9.0
    - JJ's HYBRID ROM v3
    - RayOnium

Or you could just tell me the best ROM for Ray. :p

Well, all I can say is your not yet ready to install custom rom. Unlike any other brand of phones, Sony has a locker bootloader. You have to unlock boatloader first which will void the warranty to install custom ROM.

I'll give you a tip in choosing rom.

1. Go to each rom's thread, read the rom's description first, see if the phone features that are essential for your everyday usage is working as we all now that each has their own pros and cons.

2. Feedbacks, just read feedbacks. It will give you the idea if the Rom is for or not.

3. Number of post, check the number of post. More post may actually mean that many people are using that rom.

Go find it yourself. It's not easy to give comparison as it may hurt the developer's feelings reading some bad comments about their hardworks.

Sent from my ST18i using xda premium