Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 50,006 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Vision][21-05-2012][Virtuous Primadonna v1.21.0 Alpha 3] Sense 4A - 4.0.3

Tip us?

DRSdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 52
just curious.. is this rom based off of the one V, and does it offer the 25gb dropbox upon set up?

otariq
Old
Thanks Meter 122
Yes to both

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to otariq For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

masterismos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99

DONATE TO ME
I never get the 25 gb storage from dropbox in all sense v4 roms. i was enabled my account before get in with a sense rom. maybe this was the reason. i have 6gb now and i think is enough for me. but i will be so happy if a have 31 gb . does anyone know what to do?
Xperia X10 mini
Xperia C C2305

IF I HELPED PRESS
THANKS

Max)
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterismos View Post
I never get the 25 gb storage from dropbox in all sense v4 roms. i was enabled my account before get in with a sense rom. maybe this was the reason. i have 6gb now and i think is enough for me. but i will be so happy if a have 31 gb . does anyone know what to do?
You need to go inside the dropbox app, the account sync is not enough

ill_dawg
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Not a fix, but a temporary workaround for the ? Problem on the hw keyboard.

1. Download and install 'z arrow' free from the market (great free app anyhow)

2. Type and copy a ? using the sw keyboard

3. go to 'input special characters (code)'

4. Hit +, open hw keyboard, select the first box, hit ? Key. Box should say 224

5. Change the action to 'input character', paste the ? You copied earlier into the 2nd box.

6. Now, you can hit menu+? To type ?.

I have the app set to auto switch to z-arrow when I pull out the kb, so I never have to worry if it's running. It's not a perect solution, but it's better than nothing. It seems like keypress 224 just isn't mapped to anything. Maybe someone with a greater knowlege of coding than me can fix this for reals, but hopefully this workaround can help people until then.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ill_dawg For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shortlived
Old
(Last edited by shortlived; 3rd April 2012 at 09:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Goto the virtuousrom bug tracker i posted how to fix this, with some files to fix it.
http://development.virtuousrom.com/tracker/issues/1128
The Following User Says Thank You to shortlived For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sorceforge
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortlived View Post
Goto the virtuousrom bug tracker i posted how to fix this, with some files to fix it.
Thank you for releasing fix. However, it seems that this fix doesn't work on my Korean keyboard.
HTC Desire (Stolen) -- HTC HD2 (Lost) -- HTC Sensation (Malfunction) -- HTC Raider 4G (Digitizer was broken) -- HTC One X+ (International) (I have used it with satisfaction) -- Google Nexus 5 16GB (Now) -- Next : HTC One M8?

Current status : SlimKat with SlimKernel

masterismos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hi. I'm from my phone now and can't check the link. If you are the guy who post a keylayout rar file, I have to say that this don't work. I replace with your files edit the line 214 where is the ? Key and again doesn't work. Sorry if is another fix. I will check when I go home.
Edit: I check the link. No those files doesn't work. Or in doing something wrong.

send from other space
Xperia X10 mini
Xperia C C2305

IF I HELPED PRESS
THANKS

shortlived
Old
(Last edited by shortlived; 3rd April 2012 at 07:09 PM.) Reason: updated
Thanks Meter 31
Let me double check the files when I get to my comp in about an hour. Try running fix permissions and reboot. I will make more of a guide and maybe learn how to make a flashable zip if that will help.

I should have been more specific. If you copy the files from the rar you dont need to change anything.

Quick update, I couldn't find anything wrong in the files, they should work.

1. Copy all files from http://50.118.81.124/files/keylayout.rar to /system/usr/keylayout/
2. Run fix permission or change all permission too rw- r-- r--
3. Reboot

Please let me know if this works for you now.

masterismos
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Let me double check the files when I get to my comp in about an hour. Try running fix permissions and reboot. I will make more of a guide and maybe learn how to make a flashable zip if that will help.

I should have been more specific. If you copy the files from the rar you dont need to change anything.

Quick update, I couldn't find anything wrong in the files, they should work.

1. Copy all files from http://50.118.81.124/files/keylayout.rar to /system/usr/keylayout/
2. Run fix permission or change all permission too rw- r-- r--
3. Reboot

Please let me know if this works for you now.
My friend, i think your files are for sense 3.x or for gingerbread roms. those files doesnt exist in the system/usr/keylaout folder. So im sure you havent checked by yourself becouse you will realise that this rar doesn't fix the '?' prob. anyway, thanks for your try but is better before you post a fix to try it first like i did with fixes in post 3. a flashed/format the phone 20 times to check if are working or not. (sry for my english)
Xperia X10 mini
Xperia C C2305

IF I HELPED PRESS
THANKS