Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,353 Members 46,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Replacement gorilla glass?

Tip us?

improbabilitist
Old
(Last edited by Step666; 30th March 2012 at 03:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vndkmr97 View Post
url

is it orginal touch screen , if not can someone guide me link to the orginal
It says OEM, which means Original Equipment Manufacturer... but then again... everyone can make a false product and say it's an OEM product.

Can anyone who replaced the glass of their Defy please confirm that it's still water resistant? That's the most important thing for me.

vndkmr97
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladiko View Post
i guess you mean spare parts instead of accessoires.

glass + digitizer: www.ebay.com/itm/170743084526

glass + digitizer + black plastic frame: www.ebay.com/itm/170743089586

the last one is more expensive, but easier to change as you dont have to remove the glass from your old frame and then glue the new glass on the old frame. so you just replace the complete frontside.
have oordered in ebay almost days of wait got a mail from them that your payment made is refunded , can anyone guide me another site rather than ebay glass + digitizer + black plastic frame ...

EDIT : indian sites are my first preference

Auris 1.6 vvt-i
Old
Thanks Meter 679

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhensa View Post
yes it can broke, it's just scratch resistant, not broke-into-pieces resistant.
No, it's not Mine is scratched and I don't even know how and when it got scratched. Gorilla glass is bend resistant (watch commercial videos on youtube).
MBM525 [CM9 ICS 4.0.4]16-07-2012, powered by Quarx \\\V6 Supercharged///

I do not provide support over PM! For CM9 questions, use my CM9 thread. For other questions - use the corresponding thread.

ejstubbs
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auris 1.6 vvt-i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhensa View Post
...it's just scratch resistant...
No, it's not Mine is scratched and I don't even know how and when it got scratched.
The key word is "resistant": it resists scratching - better than ordinary glass does - but it's not scratch proof. So it's still possible for it to get scratched, just less likely. Corning's data sheet for Gorilla Glass is informative. Note that they do not claim that it cannot be scratched but they do say it has "High resistance to scratch damage", and they also claim that scratch damage is less visible (see the photos on the second page).

If you look at Corning's "Products With Gorilla" page you will see that the world and his dog use it in the smartphones. That list includes just about every Motorola smartphone phone, so it's by no means unique to the Defy. Interestingly, Corning don't list Apple, although Wikipedia states that the iPhone was the first volume commercial use of Gorilla Glass, it having been sitting around waiting for someone to find a use for it since the 1960s.

maicomstoppa
Old
Thanks Meter 0
dx. com/genuine-repair-part-replacement-touch-screen-digitizer-module-with-bus-wire-for-moto-defy-114774

Shipping free Worldwide.

configuration
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejstubbs View Post
The key word is "resistant": it resists scratching - better than ordinary glass does - but it's not scratch proof. So it's still possible for it to get scratched, just less likely. Corning's data sheet for Gorilla Glass is informative. Note that they do not claim that it cannot be scratched but they do say it has "High resistance to scratch damage", and they also claim that scratch damage is less visible (see the photos on the second page).

If you look at Corning's "Products With Gorilla" page you will see that the world and his dog use it in the smartphones. That list includes just about every Motorola smartphone phone, so it's by no means unique to the Defy. Interestingly, Corning don't list Apple, although Wikipedia states that the iPhone was the first volume commercial use of Gorilla Glass, it having been sitting around waiting for someone to find a use for it since the 1960s.
Very interesting.
After 8 months mine has a little scratch, however, if you don't know it's there, you can't see it

bikerabhinav
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Do the complete front housing like this have Speaker and proximity sensor too? or are they glued to the main chip?

Moto Defy MB525 | SlimKat 4.4.2 | Green Lens
| HTC One V | Shpongle AOSP JB 4.2.2 | Sony Ericsson Xperia M | PacMan AOSP 4.4.2

rokrmotolovers
Old
Thanks Meter 2
if it is replaced is still resistant to water? ..

ladiko
Old
Thanks Meter 6
if you only buy the glass and glue it on your own, it might not be water resistant and i had problems to find a suitable glue, so i ordered a second one including the frame already assembled: http://www.ebay.de/itm/170743089586 / http://www.ebay.de/itm/320843826557

IckyAlbatross
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default motorola defy replacement glass & front cover

i bought a replacement front cover and glass i couldnt find anything about gorilla glass but will let you know when i get it