Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

A question regarding S-OFF

OP lgtsanev

3rd April 2012, 08:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

226 posts
I don't want to write in Fuses' thread since they requested so, but I believe this is an important question, so I'll ask it here:

I'd like to S-OFF my phone when the exploit is ready and up, mainly to flash custom splash screens, and be ready when a supercool and stable ICS ROM with custom radio and sh*t hits the dev section, but before that I'll most likely flash the official ICS RUU when it becomes available (usually X is pretty fast uploading those) and root it, so my question is will I be able to flash such RUU if I have S-OFF, since relocking the bootloader is a must in order to do that. Or put in other words: can you relock the bootloader if it's S-OFF?
3rd April 2012, 08:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Here
Thanks Meter: 16

84 posts
More
If I remember right (too lazy to recheck the thread) the s-off thread it was more of a concern if the device was unlocked to s-off it rather than locked, I don't think thats an issue
3rd April 2012, 08:26 PM   |  #3  
Flag Sacramento, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1,033

1,492 posts
More
Shouldnt be a problem at all. And im pretty sure u dont need to relock to flash ruu either

Sent from my NRGized Amaze...
via xda premium
3rd April 2012, 08:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19

226 posts
My bootloader is already htc-dev unlocked, globatron yesterday confirmed that this is not an issue and you can s-off the phone with unlocked/relocked bootloader, what I would like to know is after I s-off the phone would I face any problem flashing the stock RUU, considering the fact that HTC may find a way to kill the s-off exploit if it came out before the update (which is more likely)...

Sorry if I didnt put my question correctly in the OP.

aj, I believe bootloader has to be locked to flash RUU, at least thats what XBoarder put as a necessary step...
Last edited by lgtsanev; 3rd April 2012 at 08:48 PM.
3rd April 2012, 08:57 PM   |  #5  
Flag Here
Thanks Meter: 16

84 posts
More
I still don't think it would be an issue, since from what I've heard downgrading an hboot is always a possibility, once an exploit is found for one we can always go back to that one
3rd April 2012, 09:05 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
dragging knee on the track
Thanks Meter: 2,051

1,639 posts
More
s-off has no bearing on whether or not you can flash the stock rom. when it drops, put it on your sd and boot into the bootloader and it will do the rest
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread