ROM Hw6945 Windows Mobile 6.1
Hey guys, I found how to upgrade the HP 6945 in a brazilian website and I tried, IT WORKS! I'll explain how to do so now that I can post URLs
First of all, and which is a bit difficult nowadays, you need to use Windows XP, I saw cases that the people have done the upgrade in a virtual machine, but it didn't worked for me.
Let's go to the specifications of your mobile: your Flash Type MUST BE G4
and your BootLoader MUST BE G.39
, if you don't know you can see that in your mobile "Start/System/HP Asset Viewer"
1. Connect your mobile by ActiveSync (you'll need the 4.1 version as your mobile is WM5) using the cradle/dock/usb (was recommended to do a Hard Reset, but it's optional. To do so press On/Off , Send and Cancel Calls buttons, then use the PEN (Stylus) to press the Reset button under the mobile)
ActiveSync 4.1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?blql91lb1cqfq5z
2. Download and extract the file "SPL vG.39.7z" - http://www.mediafire.com/?o243pua8x7c0j0h
3. In the "SPL vG.39" folder, look for a shortcut named as "Command Prompt" and execute it
4. Now write this line in the command:
pdocwrite spl -n0 -b 0x20000 0 0x80000
5. You'll receive in your mobile a message about a dll (itsutils.dll) Press YES.
6. Now you have to put your mobile in BootLoader mode. Press the two buttons next to the directional + On/Off + Reset (using the Pen[Stylus])
7. Now open the ActiveSync and go to "connection configurations". Deselect the box "Allow USB Connections".
8. Download and extract the file "6915_ENG.7z" - http://www.mediafire.com/?kgwl83e22e2oody
9. Open the folder and execute "Sable_RUU.exe"
10. Press Upgrade and WAIT for a message "Update finished!"
11. Go back to ActiveSync (now you should use the 4.5 Version), go to "connection configurations" and select "Allow USB Connections"
Everything is working, and you now have a new Office Package, including OneNote.
Your calls are better, don't freezing. The only problem is that SMS don't do any sounds when it arrives, but it's just the SMS.
The bluetooth you'll need to go to the Settings/Connections for the first time to work, but it's just once.
I have all the downloable content, if the link don't work, email me.
The original Rom of your iPAQ you can be found at HP's website named as GSM Radio Firmware, if you want, but I don't mind you'll need it.
The original website is in Brazilian-Portuguese, I've just translated for you.
That's everything. =)