[BUILD] **Complete GingerBread Bundle!!** GBX0A - Alpha! Camera!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mfsr98

Nov 26, 2011
Porto
I didn't meant to say that the apps disappear, they just stop working unexpectadilly after some days (not all of them) and I need to reinstall, but they don't disappear from the phone. About youtube I don't know what to do... Maybe reinstall the build?
Let me tell you an example: I've downloaded launcherPRO, and after only 1 day, it stopped working and it was setup to start on boot, so, it was hard to uninstall it, but thanks to easy cache cleaner app, which made a notification on boot, I was able, trought there, to unistall launcherPRO...( now I run ZEAM launcher)
Other apps that stopped working after some days were sd-booster, facebook, facebook messenger, abduction, jewels,hotmail, xda app(this one doesn't work at all), but if I reinstall they will work for maybe a week, but then, they stop working again, reinstall is needed...
images

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I didn't meant to say that the apps disappear, they just stop working unexpectadilly after some days (not all of them) and I need to reinstall, but they don't disappear from the phone. About youtube I don't know what to do... Maybe reinstall the build?
Let me tell you an example: I've downloaded launcherPRO, and after only 1 day, it stopped working and it was setup to start on boot, so, it was hard to uninstall it, but thanks to easy cache cleaner app, which made a notification on boot, I was able, trought there, to unistall launcherPRO...( now I run ZEAM launcher)
Other apps that stopped working after some days were sd-booster, facebook, facebook messenger, abduction, jewels,hotmail, xda app(this one doesn't work at all), but if I reinstall they will work for maybe a week, but then, they stop working again, reinstall is needed...
images

Never had that problem, but of all those apps you list I've only used the XDA app. That has always worked great for me. LP used to work well as well, but I prefer ADW myself.

Either way, the fix_permissions script (Google it, tis a CyanogenMod thing) might help if it's just one or two apps.

Reactions: mfsr98

mfsr98

Nov 26, 2011
Porto
Never had that problem, but of all those apps you list I've only used the XDA app. That has always worked great for me. LP used to work well as well, but I prefer ADW myself.

Either way, the fix_permissions script (Google it, tis a CyanogenMod thing) might help if it's just one or two apps.
thanks, but I will try GBX0B.
EDIT 1: I'll try it on GBX0B, since I have the same problem there, but I don't get so well how to use it...Can you do a quick guide?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please read this entire post!

<<<This is a link to the... FAQ Click it!!>>>​

I have created a complete bundle of GingerBread with the newest kernel from GIT (Feb 28 / 1276), and the newest rootfs from GIT (Feb 24).

Please, feel free to DONATE to the XDAndroid project!

Every little bit helps! We don't make empty promises, we just provide solid and complete builds. No ETA's, no threads without download links or instructions... Enjoy!

Directions:

1. Download the full bundle (zip). (Updated Mar. 11 2011)

If instead you just want the system.ext2 (zip) file (updated Mar. 25 2011) by itself... Don't download this unless you know you want to update!!

2. Extract it. You’ll see a folder, GBX0A, copy its contents to the root (base) of your SD card. If you want to run Android from a folder instead of all the files on the root of the card, follow the steps below.

3. Go into the STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device (if you don't know what device you have, you should read the FAQ), and move it to the root of the card (or where you run haret.exe from. If you want to change the location of the build, put a rel_path= statement in the cmdline section of the startup.txt. Mine is located two folders deep on the SD, so my rel_path=Androids/TP2Ref)

4. Download the ts-calibration file from this post (should work for BLAC) and extract the .zip to where you run haret.exe from - typically the root or 'base' folder of the SD card. Not within any folders, unless you run haret.exe from a folder!

**If you have issues with the above file, you must calibrate manually. To start manual calibration, just delete any ts-calibration files and boot. Sometimes this doesn't work, and you have to use an older kernel from GIT (I found 1225 works well) and generate the ts-calibration file by booting and pressing the 5 zones. Once you have a good calibration file hold on to it (make 15 copies if it's a really good one :p), reboot & go back to the newest kernel from the autobuild service! Thanks**

6. Run haret.exe... Profit! :D

Let it settle out on the first boot. Many have reported they had to reboot basically because it was so slow - if you let it sit for about 10 mins or so the media scanner can go thru everything, etc. If you want adb in and watch the processes via top, you'll see why the phone seems so slow - there's lots of background processes cranking because this is the first boot ;).

Troubleshooting:
    Please read the... FAQ
    If you have any issues with the kernel, feel free to change it:
    There are some devices that are having issues with the newest kernels. Please see the kernel autobuild service to get newer or archived kernels. Once you download a replacement kernel, go to where you run haret.exe from - remove your old zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz. Take the new zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz and replace the old ones, same folder - where you run haret.exe from. Make sure the ‘zImage’ is named just that. Do not rename the modules file, do not extract it - should be in .tar.gz format.

In addition, I am using the newest rootfs from GIT - Feb. 10. There are other rootfs options, see F22’s thread if you want to use more keys or move around the home button. Of course, there's always the roofs autobuild service if you want "stock" rootfs images - F22 builds his off of these and modifies them ;).

See Incremental Updates for more information on this topic of updating!!

Random issues can often be solved by forcing the system to create a new data.img. If you're worried about losing data, Titanium Backup works quite well. If you wish, you can rename the data.img to something else, and let the system create a new one - just to see if it resolves your problem.

Similarly, if you wish try formatting your SD card - I prefer to use the HP Tool - do a full format, FAT32.

Obviously this build is Alpha, and there are going to be problems. The next post will address issues particular to this build - PLEASE READ THESE before asking questions! Feel free to post questions in this thread, I will do my best to address them. Big thanks to stinebd for releasing the system image, and of course the other developers for their hard work on making these kernels available.

stinebd's original post HERE

Mar. 11 2011 Changelog
    Things broken in this build:

• libgps - explains itself, no GPS and probably no netloc (cell-tower based location)
    • HW3D is either not working, or just not preset - I ran neocore and let's just say a lot of textures are missing. Got a ridiculous score, but again - no textures, not much to render haha.

This line should be in the startup.txt file if that wasn't obvious ;).

Thanks to emc02 for that solution!
    • The keyboard should be fine, but I've had some Blackstone users complain - if you want, switch the keyboard out with another. mr_grisha's original post. Others have said this is a horrible keyboard, and you should just use Swype. I'm a big fan of use what works for you, so you folks make the decision for yourself!
    Anything that's broken in Froyo, is probably broken in this build.

Blackstone users - help me flesh out this section! Anything that's not working let me know!
    download ts-calibration from the 1st post and use it,if the issue persists,try downloading rootfs from xdandroid.com (rootfs is issued with key mapping)
    if that doesn't help come here again
    download ts-calibration from the 1st post and use it,if the issue persists,try downloading rootfs from xdandroid.com (rootfs is issued with key mapping)
    if that doesn't help come here again

I would also recommend to kulwant manual calibration if you're having issues with the provided ts-calibration file. Directions are in the first post, thanks.
    It needs gmail sign in and that i can't do as the keyoard in this gingerbread version is not working..

Mate, select the Japanese IMEI keyboard, and then type away. Remember, RTFM is only 3x 7, 2x 8, 3x 3, 1x 6. ;)