Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,352 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Broekn screen is this all I need to replace??

Tip us?

Alexanderbooth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
No really sure, but the you get a new touch screen so guessing it would sort out your problem. Mine still work even though it was broke, so not defo sure to be honest.

alperin1
Old
Thanks Meter 155

DONATE TO ME
I just had to replace mine again. I couls see the screen but only a small part of the screen would accept touching. New screen and all is good now.

I think you will be fine.

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA App

kaskusStreaker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
guys need help..i got the same problem with the lcd.so fragile,dropped not even 1 foot,and there's a black spot in my lcd.when i buy the lcd and the digitizer,does it comes with the gorilla glass???or just ordinary glass?

alperin1
Old
Thanks Meter 155

DONATE TO ME
I am not sure what kind of glass the new LCDs come with. I will say that it is super smooth and I have yet to break the new glass and it seems to be fairly scratch resistant.

Is it gorilla glass, I cannot say.

decoyeb
Old
Thanks Meter 1
yay had broken screen all fixed now wow that was nail biteing lol

devdarshan
Old
Thanks Meter 14
replaced mine twice - very easy once you do it the first time - follow the ifixit video and go step by step.....second time - i did not even bother with the videa - its that simple really
Duh?

maltloaf
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I dropped my streak from about 2ft and the glass didn't shatter but the LCD was a mess

Just waiting for my new lcd/digitizer/glass to be delivered from ebay. I've already stripped my streak down ready. Not sure what to use to re-stick the glass to the main frame though. Any suggestions?
Smartphone History. Nokia 9110, Nokia 7650, XDA, XDA2, XDA2i, XDA2s, N95, E71, N82, iPhone, iPhone 3G, HTC Hero, iPhone 3GS, T-Mobile Pulse, iPhone 4, ZTE Blade, Motorola Defy, Google Nexus S, Dell Streak 5, Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S III, Motorola Defy Mini, iPhone 5, Sony Xperia Z1

devdarshan
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by maltloaf View Post
I dropped my streak from about 2ft and the glass didn't shatter but the LCD was a mess

Just waiting for my new lcd/digitizer/glass to be delivered from ebay. I've already stripped my streak down ready. Not sure what to use to re-stick the glass to the main frame though. Any suggestions?
The glass to the mainframe just goes and stays in place with their respective clips - I did not use any. just used normal stick glue for the side bezels - have had no issues so far.
Duh?

alek149
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guy Please update another vender?