Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

XDA Developer’s Forum Hermes Info For New Members

OP stevebonning

28th August 2007, 03:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 0

158 posts
More
In an effort to make things easier for new members to get started, I've put together a list of links that I recommend ALL NEW MEMBERS read through first. Most questions that new members have can be answered in these links. The list is not meant to be all-inclusive but as a starter guide. Thanks to all the contributors who created these links originally. Read thoroughly, CLICK ON ANY/ALL OF THE LINKS BELOW, use the information provided and enjoy a flame-proof time on the forum

**Please Read Before Posting**

++All You Need To Read BEFORE Asking Questions++

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XDA Developer’s Forum Wikipedia (“The Wiki”)

Forum Encyclopedia

SEARCH The Forum Using Google

MrVanx’s Hermes Upgrade Guide

Hermes Service Manual

Common Updrading Problems in HTC Hermes

Hard-SPL, Or How to Not Brick Your PDA Ever Again

How to Fix Bad Blocks and Reset Call Timers

Causes & Possible Fixes for Whitescreen, D-Pad Failures

Pof’s BRICK/UNBRICK Guide

How to flash a new ROM to your Wizard... a little tutorial!

Hermes SD Card Flashing

How to Reset Phone Lifetime Timers

Universal/Hermes Unlocker

The Definitive Guide to Unlocking & Rom Upgrading G3 Wizards

Upgrading with Windows Vista

Official WM6 links

Windows Mobile 6 links

All Extracted HTC Apps

Hermes Cab Repository, Incl DeStefano's Cab Collection

Automatic Outlook Mail/Exchange Synchronizer

FTP Site

Bypass Carrier's Proxy--Access SMTP/POP Email, Live Messenger

WPBEAR’s Custom Cab ATT/Cingular Settings

WPBEAR’s Cingular WAP Cab Setup

Operator Settings for ALL Networks

HOWTO: Internet Sharing over WiFi OR How to Make My Phone an 802.11b/g AP

How To Change Keyboard Slide Sounds

Flash-A-Holics Anonymous

Battery Drain Issues

Best Freeware for the Wizard

Cabs for Herald

Collection of the Latest Cabs for Kaisers

Where to get great Apps for the Hermes

"Must Have" Killer Games List

The Definitive Guide to Running 3D-enabled Java MIDlets on Windows Mobile

HyperCore Kitchen—for cooking ROMs

Official Kitchen Pantry Thread

If you appreciate my work, consider a DONATION

Last edited by stevebonning; 15th October 2009 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Overhaul & Test of all links
28th August 2007, 12:44 PM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Baltimore

158 posts
More
Additions, deletions, etc. certainly welcome. Trying to focus the new members here and break the trend of old questions and concerns being brought up over and over again.....

Mod Edit:
For this to be a useful tool for new members and a a sticky post, then it will be ROBUSTLY modified. This not the place for loads of questions. Perhaps the occassional suggestion for an addition/change. We need to be cautious that (as stevebonning has done) only key matters are linked; no point in this becoming an endless list of confusing links. Once considered requests will be removed.

Additions made 09/02/08**
Regards,
Steve Bonning
Last edited by stevebonning; 2nd September 2008 at 09:22 AM.
17th December 2009, 09:54 PM   |  #3  

12 posts
More
this is one of the best websites i think i have ever seen or had the chance to learn so much from, i do have one quick question though, i did hard spl 2.10 olipro and then i did the sim unlock and supercid and have flashed a rom off the sd card but when i checked the spl it says 1.40 olipro know, do i need to hardspl again or is it fine and if i did a hard reset and plus the flash i said before the phone is still sim unlocked right? not trying to be redundant at all but just curious and i possibly missed this somewhere but dont remember seeing it in what i have read. thank you and thanks to everyone at xda you guys are AWESOME
21st December 2009, 12:31 AM   |  #4  
Flag Vegas & Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 592

8,123 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dna24

this is one of the best websites i think i have ever seen or had the chance to learn so much from, i do have one quick question though, i did hard spl 2.10 olipro and then i did the sim unlock and supercid and have flashed a rom off the sd card but when i checked the spl it says 1.40 olipro know, do i need to hardspl again or is it fine and if i did a hard reset and plus the flash i said before the phone is still sim unlocked right? not trying to be redundant at all but just curious and i possibly missed this somewhere but dont remember seeing it in what i have read. thank you and thanks to everyone at xda you guys are AWESOME

Welcome to XDA! You did everything correctly & are fine. Your sim unlocked & have hardspl, so you don't need to do it again.
6th December 2011, 01:32 AM   |  #5  
Flag taipei
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
new members asking questions
I follow many roms and have for 2 years now...but I cannot post a question? Why is this??
6th December 2011, 10:55 AM   |  #6  
Flag in here
Thanks Meter: 797

3,037 posts
Donate to Me
More
to be able to submit questions here (XDA Developer 's) you must be a registered as member of the first, after which you can submit questions to create a new thread or on a thread that already exists in which the thread is relation to the problems that you would like to ask
4th April 2012, 01:51 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

23 posts
Hello,

just added a section about fixing hardware keyboard layout to the FAQ.

Kind regards,

DAC324

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread