HTC EVO 4G LTE News-Videos/Pics [Official Thread]

Tip us?

sgt. slaughter
Old
Retired Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 2,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpineda101 View Post
So the event is 5:30 Eastern, right? I'll be at work, thankfully its a slow day LOL
yeah 5:30pm EST....to be honest I might miss a good chunk of it as ill be away at a Softball game but try to keep all the info in this thread and after ill update the OP with everything....

just trying to limit the # of threads that pop up here for pstevep and the other mods...kinda like this morning already some. lol

*oh and thanks to the mod that dropped in and burned the troll...

mlin
Old
Thanks Meter 1,013
Perhaps Sprint's plan was to make the device so physically unattractive so as to deter buyers and sway then to the iPhone- the basket for all of Sprint's eggs.
2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.

Device: HTC One M8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chlehqls
Old
Thanks Meter 357

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rydah805 View Post
Where's our beats logo?

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D, On The Now Network By Sprint.
I'd rather have a clean back instead of all this branding nonsense on phones. We have enough of that on t-shirts...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
[Retired Devices: LG LX370, EVO 3D, Galaxy S2, Galaxy Nexus]

Current Device: Nexus 4, Samsung Chromebook
Android Version: 4.2.2
ROM: Stock
Kernel: Stock or Faux's

Click HERE for 2GB of free DropBox storage plus we get more storage!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chlehqls For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Vdubtx
Old
Thanks Meter 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by todah09 View Post
If the spec rumors hold up,i could care less how it looks!!!!!

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
So true. I always use a gel case on phones so it will hide the ugly anyway.

yousefak
Old
Thanks Meter 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by todah09 View Post
If the spec rumors hold up,i could care less how it looks!!!!!

Sent from my MB855 using xda premium
^THIS.

I like everything about it except the screen. Why can't they use SLCD?

FrozenRiff
Old
Thanks Meter 4,475
There has to be something we don't know about that will make this a "wow" device much like the original EVO.

Anyone want to make a some guesses on what this feature will be?

I predict...the LCD doubles as a solar cell for wireless charging

freeza
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9,664

DONATE TO ME
Beats logo is probably under the tape. Hideous ass phone

eXplicit815
Old
Thanks Meter 1,205

DONATE TO ME
What amazes me is everyone coming on here and knocking on how the phone looks, but knowing that they'll buy the damn thing anyway, and then say it's the best purchase they ever made.

Good game, everyone. Good game...
The Following User Says Thank You to eXplicit815 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ausch30
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Actually, I don't care about removable batteries at all. I haven't once had to remove my battery to replace it with another and it actually makes for a cumbersome task if you use a TPU case like I do, with a nice snug fit. Removing the battery weakens the battery door of the EVO 3D as well as the snug fit of the TPU case. Bring on the unibody design HTC!
I've been using a TPU case since the phone was released and I almost never plug it in, I almost always just swap batteries. It takes about 5 seconds to swap (minus the reboot time) and my back cover is still like new and the case still fits great. As long as you don't go yanking/stretching/bending stuff when changing the battery everything will be fine.

I personally really like the option of a removable battery. There are plenty of times when it comes in handy, say for instance an all day summer concert or amusement park when you're taking a lot of pics or video and your battery starts running low. I do prefer a removable battery but (assuming the battery isn't removable on Sprint's version) the reason I'm not getting it is Sense. I had the Touch Diamond, bought the EVO 4G on release day, and bought the 3D on release day. Sense (or whatever the previous WinMo version was called) has just gotten increasingly bloated. I know they said they would lighten it up for Sense 4 but there are, in my opinion, too many unnecessary animations and things that detract from and conflict with the ICS UI elements that weren't changed. I may however change my tune if CM9 comes out for it shortly after release, guess we'll see.

freeza
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 9,664

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ausch30 View Post
I've been using a TPU case since the phone was released and I almost never plug it in, I almost always just swap batteries. It takes about 5 seconds to swap (minus the reboot time) and my back cover is still like new and the case still fits great. As long as you don't go yanking/stretching/bending stuff when changing the battery everything will be fine.

I personally really like the option of a removable battery. There are plenty of times when it comes in handy, say for instance an all day summer concert or amusement park when you're taking a lot of pics or video and your battery starts running low. I do prefer a removable battery but (assuming the battery isn't removable on Sprint's version) the reason I'm not getting it is Sense. I had the Touch Diamond, bought the EVO 4G on release day, and bought the 3D on release day. Sense (or whatever the previous WinMo version was called) has just gotten increasingly bloated. I know they said they would lighten it up for Sense 4 but there are, in my opinion, too many unnecessary animations and things that detract from and conflict with the ICS UI elements that weren't changed. I may however change my tune if CM9 comes out for it shortly after release, guess we'll see.
It was still Sense on Windows Mobile, but it was TouchFlo first (codenamed Manila) then Sense came after.

As for TPU cases and battery doors.. I can't take my TPU case off without pulling at the battery door on the EVO 3D. How can you get yours off without pulling at the battery door? I have the TPU case with the Samsung Galaxy style "S" on the back. After a number of times taking it off, it got to the point where it would rub against the screen protector when I would hold my phone and make a 'clicking' sound. I had to bend & sit on the case for a good 15 minutes so it could get snug again. The battery door also started to creak from repeatedly opening it (terrible design from HTC)

Tags
evo, htc, lte, sprint