How to use HTC Diamond as webcam

Search This thread

mxromen

Jul 13, 2008
Is there anyone who can help me to use my HTC diamond as a web cam through bluetooth or wi-fi or usb?
It will be highly appreciated.
Regards

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
modesty must be yr middle name...lol!:D
now i run to read yr articles. hope i shell not have to search too long. it would be nice of you to write here the links...thanks anyway.

sorry, posted it on the move (while walking out with friends), from a Tablet PC, using text recognition and a non-unlimited Internet connection - couldn't look up the URL's.

(I post quite a lot while on the move from either my Tablet PC or my Blackberry)

pedmond

Jun 22, 2007
Thank you for the articles. I have a feeling however that none of the applications presented work on Vista...

Menneisyys

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2005
www.winmobiletech.com
Thank you for the articles. I have a feeling however that none of the applications presented work on Vista...

Webcamera Plus will work - at least the camera part, not the mike, under the x64 version. (see http://www.ateksoft.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1412 ). Not that you'd lose much with the absence of sound (it's pretty low-quality - see my remarks in the article) - as long as your notebook / desktop doesn't have a mike, that is.

pedmond

Jun 22, 2007
Thank you, I'll try it.

EDIT: Tried - can't get it to work on Vista 32. Programs runs but won't connect to the phone camera. Oh well...

Last edited:

cherbourg

Dec 23, 2005
Hi !

I just bought WebCameraPlus (15 euros).

Unfortunately, even though when installing on my PC I am asked if I also want to install it on my smartphone (I have an HTC TOUCH DIAMOND), the software only ends up being installed on the PC, NOT on the smartphone.

Any help will be heartily appreciated, thanks in advance !

Ronka

Aug 30, 2008
WebCamera Plus seems interesting, but your friend also has to use WebCamera Plus to see you!. i though you could video chat with your phone front cam with your friend that is using official MSN,yahoo or ichat :(