FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos WiFi Nightlies (Wingray/MZ604)

98 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,482
 
By teameos, Recognized Developer on 19th December 2011, 10:57 PM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th April 2012, 05:32 PM |#3671  
Senior Member
Flag Colorado
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyr

I wasn't asking for an ETA, I'm running 2.6.39.4-Tiamat-3.0.11-stockgpu-00056-g9a84754 chris@Kappa #1

Build number: EOS IMM76D Nightly 90 (56923dd)

What i was asking was if nightly build 90 (dated 2012-03-30) from http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/nightlies/wingray is the latest build, since the changelog is up to 2012-04-04 with additional changes to the wingray project (for example kernel 3.0.13) http://nightlies.teameos.org/changelogs/2012-04-04.txt

according to the changelogs, there are new nightlies built, right? I'm just wondering where they are. not asking *when* they are.

thanks again

Noticed same with stingray builds. I know that there seems to be a lag between changelog and builds being sent out. Don't know why but in time we get them and much worth the wait.
 
 
4th April 2012, 06:21 PM |#3672  
emreng's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
to build a new nightly is effortful process i guess, so dev's wait for noticeable changes to cook our new rom.

waiting patiently and trusting our dev's are the keys for nightly builds, imho.
4th April 2012, 10:48 PM |#3673  
solarnz's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,121
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyr

Forgive the bonehead question but I'm curious if build 90 is still the latest nightly (timestamped 2012-03-30) for wingray. I've been following the changelogs and noticed that the kernel has been bumped up to 3.0.12 and then 3.0.13 (and various other changes), I have yet to find a more current nightly than build #90, unless these changes are reflective of the build that was uploaded 6 days ago.

thanks in advance,

-ryan

No new nightly as of yet. Probably tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emreng

to build a new nightly is effortful process i guess, so dev's wait for noticeable changes to cook our new rom.

waiting patiently and trusting our dev's are the keys for nightly builds, imho.

Actually, all I have to do is run a script to merge the latest changes into the cornerstone branch, log into http://bb.teameos.org/, tick a few boxes and click submit.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to solarnz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 10:17 AM |#3674  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Battery Drain
Hi there,

I went for #90 nightly the other day coming from EOS 1.0.0. No issues w/ 1.0.0 beside the annoying ICS update notification.

#90 runs well but I have a severe battery drain with this version and I can't find the reason. It seems deep standby or however it's called does not work. What I can see from the Apps section is "Android OS" is eating battery like hell. It's around 50-60 percent of usage.

Any idea how I could get more details about this? "Android OS" is just a bit too generic

Thanks!
5th April 2012, 01:17 PM |#3675  
eddyther's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by upD8R

Hi there,

I went for #90 nightly the other day coming from EOS 1.0.0. No issues w/ 1.0.0 beside the annoying ICS update notification.

#90 runs well but I have a severe battery drain with this version and I can't find the reason. It seems deep standby or however it's called does not work. What I can see from the Apps section is "Android OS" is eating battery like hell. It's around 50-60 percent of usage.

Any idea how I could get more details about this? "Android OS" is just a bit too generic

Thanks!

No problems here with stby mode on v.90
Last edited by eddyther; 5th April 2012 at 04:38 PM.
5th April 2012, 04:44 PM |#3676  
emreng's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 26
 
More
may be it's off topic but i have to ask a question to users of the nightly. please consider it as a poll question.

- do you need to use juicedefender app to extend battery life? would you recommend to use it? i know the battery life of this rom is amazing but it's kinda matter of habit in android world.

thanks for answers.
5th April 2012, 04:52 PM |#3677  
Senior Member
Flag encino
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by upD8R

Hi there,

I went for #90 nightly the other day coming from EOS 1.0.0. No issues w/ 1.0.0 beside the annoying ICS update notification.

#90 runs well but I have a severe battery drain with this version and I can't find the reason. It seems deep standby or however it's called does not work. What I can see from the Apps section is "Android OS" is eating battery like hell. It's around 50-60 percent of usage.

Any idea how I could get more details about this? "Android OS" is just a bit too generic

Thanks!

get your apps in check! 99.9% of the time this is caused by an app start removing apps one by one from when you first started to notice this. I get 4-5 days per charge on my xoom
The Following User Says Thank You to shakuyi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 05:18 PM |#3678  
eddyther's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emreng

may be it's off topic but i have to ask a question to users of the nightly. please consider it as a poll question.

- do you need to use juicedefender app to extend battery life? would you recommend to use it? i know the battery life of this rom is amazing but it's kinda matter of habit in android world.

thanks for answers.

I think that it is more suitable on phones, maybe also on xoom with data card.
On the wifi xoom i don't see any need for that. Using it for 2-3 hours a day and leaving it in standby y have 3-4 days of capacity between charges.
The Following User Says Thank You to eddyther For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 05:29 PM |#3679  
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emreng

may be it's off topic but i have to ask a question to users of the nightly. please consider it as a poll question.

- do you need to use juicedefender app to extend battery life? would you recommend to use it? i know the battery life of this rom is amazing but it's kinda matter of habit in android world.

thanks for answers.

I prefer to stay away from such tools myself. Quite often, their developers mess with things they don't always fully understand about the OS.
The Following User Says Thank You to RMerlin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th April 2012, 05:00 PM |#3680  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
More
Hi, running on #90 at present, really happy.... couple of questions...

1. #90 Kernel is 3.0.11 stockgpu - I'm sure previous kernels have been overclockgpu - is there an easy way to get the overclock version instead? I know I can get Solarnz 3.0.5 overclockgpu, but is there a 3.0.11 (I've seen reference to 3.0.12 also) o/c version?

2. I seem to have Japanese IME and (I assume) Chinese also and can't remove either when I select Input methods (both are greyed out)... is there a way to remove them? Looks like something the 4.0.4 builds have inherited?

Thanks
6th April 2012, 06:11 PM |#3681  
joe ferreira's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mountlake Terrace, WA
Thanks Meter: 292
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by russtyd

Hi, running on #90 at present, really happy.... couple of questions...

1. #90 Kernel is 3.0.11 stockgpu - I'm sure previous kernels have been overclockgpu - is there an easy way to get the overclock version instead? I know I can get Solarnz 3.0.5 overclockgpu, but is there a 3.0.11 (I've seen reference to 3.0.12 also) o/c version?

2. I seem to have Japanese IME and (I assume) Chinese also and can't remove either when I select Input methods (both are greyed out)... is there a way to remove them? Looks like something the 4.0.4 builds have inherited?

Thanks

1. this is easy. download a previous build zip and extract the boot.img file. then fastboot the file to your xoom in fastboot mode.

2. sorry I am using hacker keyboard.
Last edited by joe ferreira; 6th April 2012 at 10:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to joe ferreira For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
eos, ics, motorola xoom mz604, nightlies
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes