Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 40,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Nightly][ICS] Team Eos WiFi Nightlies (Wingray/MZ604)

Tip us?

rob62551
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyr View Post
I wasn't asking for an ETA, I'm running 2.6.39.4-Tiamat-3.0.11-stockgpu-00056-g9a84754 chris@Kappa #1

Build number: EOS IMM76D Nightly 90 (56923dd)

What i was asking was if nightly build 90 (dated 2012-03-30) from http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/nightlies/wingray is the latest build, since the changelog is up to 2012-04-04 with additional changes to the wingray project (for example kernel 3.0.13) http://nightlies.teameos.org/changelogs/2012-04-04.txt

according to the changelogs, there are new nightlies built, right? I'm just wondering where they are. not asking *when* they are.

thanks again
Noticed same with stingray builds. I know that there seems to be a lag between changelog and builds being sent out. Don't know why but in time we get them and much worth the wait.

emreng
Old
Thanks Meter 25
to build a new nightly is effortful process i guess, so dev's wait for noticeable changes to cook our new rom.

waiting patiently and trusting our dev's are the keys for nightly builds, imho.
Phone: iPhone 4S
Software: iOS 6.1.2

Tablet: Motorola Xoom WiFi [MZ-604]
Rom: CM10.1 #20130316-NIGHTLY w/ Unified GApps For Android 4.2.2

solarnz
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2114

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradyr View Post
Forgive the bonehead question but I'm curious if build 90 is still the latest nightly (timestamped 2012-03-30) for wingray. I've been following the changelogs and noticed that the kernel has been bumped up to 3.0.12 and then 3.0.13 (and various other changes), I have yet to find a more current nightly than build #90, unless these changes are reflective of the build that was uploaded 6 days ago.

thanks in advance,

-ryan
No new nightly as of yet. Probably tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emreng View Post
to build a new nightly is effortful process i guess, so dev's wait for noticeable changes to cook our new rom.

waiting patiently and trusting our dev's are the keys for nightly builds, imho.
Actually, all I have to do is run a script to merge the latest changes into the cornerstone branch, log into http://bb.teameos.org/, tick a few boxes and click submit.

Join me in #xoom on freenode.net.
Need to contact me? I'm on IRC, Twitter and G+
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to solarnz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

upD8R
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Battery Drain

Hi there,

I went for #90 nightly the other day coming from EOS 1.0.0. No issues w/ 1.0.0 beside the annoying ICS update notification.

#90 runs well but I have a severe battery drain with this version and I can't find the reason. It seems deep standby or however it's called does not work. What I can see from the Apps section is "Android OS" is eating battery like hell. It's around 50-60 percent of usage.

Any idea how I could get more details about this? "Android OS" is just a bit too generic

Thanks!

eddyther
Old
(Last edited by eddyther; 5th April 2012 at 04:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by upD8R View Post
Hi there,

I went for #90 nightly the other day coming from EOS 1.0.0. No issues w/ 1.0.0 beside the annoying ICS update notification.

#90 runs well but I have a severe battery drain with this version and I can't find the reason. It seems deep standby or however it's called does not work. What I can see from the Apps section is "Android OS" is eating battery like hell. It's around 50-60 percent of usage.

Any idea how I could get more details about this? "Android OS" is just a bit too generic

Thanks!
No problems here with stby mode on v.90

emreng
Old
Thanks Meter 25
may be it's off topic but i have to ask a question to users of the nightly. please consider it as a poll question.

- do you need to use juicedefender app to extend battery life? would you recommend to use it? i know the battery life of this rom is amazing but it's kinda matter of habit in android world.

thanks for answers.
Phone: iPhone 4S
Software: iOS 6.1.2

Tablet: Motorola Xoom WiFi [MZ-604]
Rom: CM10.1 #20130316-NIGHTLY w/ Unified GApps For Android 4.2.2

shakuyi
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by upD8R View Post
Hi there,

Thanks!
get your apps in check! 99.9% of the time this is caused by an app start removing apps one by one from when you first started to notice this. I get 4-5 days per charge on my xoom
The Following User Says Thank You to shakuyi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eddyther
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
may be it's off topic but i have to ask a question to users of the nightly. please consider it as a poll question.

- do you need to use juicedefender app to extend battery life? would you recommend to use it? i know the battery life of this rom is amazing but it's kinda matter of habit in android world.

thanks for answers.
I think that it is more suitable on phones, maybe also on xoom with data card.
On the wifi xoom i don't see any need for that. Using it for 2-3 hours a day and leaving it in standby y have 3-4 days of capacity between charges.
The Following User Says Thank You to eddyther For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RMerlin
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:

thanks for answers.
I prefer to stay away from such tools myself. Quite often, their developers mess with things they don't always fully understand about the OS.
The Following User Says Thank You to RMerlin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

russtyd
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Hi, running on #90 at present, really happy.... couple of questions...

1. #90 Kernel is 3.0.11 stockgpu - I'm sure previous kernels have been overclockgpu - is there an easy way to get the overclock version instead? I know I can get Solarnz 3.0.5 overclockgpu, but is there a 3.0.11 (I've seen reference to 3.0.12 also) o/c version?

2. I seem to have Japanese IME and (I assume) Chinese also and can't remove either when I select Input methods (both are greyed out)... is there a way to remove them? Looks like something the 4.0.4 builds have inherited?

Thanks

Tags
eos, ics, motorola xoom mz604, nightlies
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe