Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 41,665 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hard Case Back cover for Gtable

Tip us?

airabus911
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Hard Case Back cover for Gtable

Ok folks.. I have been looking for a back cover for my gtablet and I found one at NewEgg. It comes in both Black and Clear... for those of you that are interested its a polycarbinate material.... And is only 13.00, its suppose to have all the right cut outs and such....

The Company name is GreatShield Guardian Series Slim-Fit PolyCarbonate Hard Case for ViewSonic gTablet 10.1 Multi-Touchscreen Tablet

patsoxfan
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Found the same on buy.com for $10.95

scanff
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I opted for a case with keyboard. Here :- http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

The case is hard leather the keyboard and stand are a bonus, I figured it may come it useful to have a keyboard close by. If you need a keyboard it's worth a little extra.

xjarl
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Why not to electroniccrap.com have a look.. There are many toies for Gtablet..
Huawei Honor X1>OPPO Find 7A>OPPO Find 7>VIVO Xplay3s>Oneplus one?

kobhomye
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Did you buy this greatshield case? Thoughts?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

VDoubleUVR6
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just ordered mine today through Amazon as I wanted to get something else so I was able to get free shipping. Now just need to sit and wait for it..stated for delivery sometime next week. I'll post back with my thoughts.

airabus911
Old
(Last edited by airabus911; 1st March 2012 at 02:58 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Recieved this item.

Yes I did use GreatShield, I wanted it in black and it was only offered in clear thru Newegg. So I went to the Greatshield site and ordered in in black. And it arrived 5 days later, via USPS.

Works like a charm, all the cut outs are correct. NO shape edges and it pops right on. It was worth the wait and the price.

VDoubleUVR6
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Well the Greatshield back cover arrived today. First impression wasn't what I was expecting...I was thinking it was more like the material like those Cruzerlite covers are made of for phones. This is actually just hard plastic with a painted black soft touch paint on it, kind of like the soft touch plastics found in many cars. Actually VZW sells sliding belt holsters which are pretty much the same concept as this cover. Either way its another layer on the back of the tablet that adds a little bit more thickness which I actually don't mind plus the soft touch paint gives it more grip.

All ports and physical buttons are exposed which is great but the only thing which could bother some is access to the micro sdcard slot/USB port cover is a little difficult. You will have to peel the back cover off slightly to get it opened if you access that slot and port. Oh getting this thing off is kind of a pain since the tablet is a little bigger than a phone. I find sitting on the couch while trying to get the cover off is better just incase things go flying.

Anyways on to the pictures (sorry for the blurry pictures, these were taken with my Droid X):

munit85
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The extra grip must be nice.

I always worry when I one hand mine that it is going to slip out of my hands since it's kind of slick.