XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Looking for android 2.3.4 for my GT S5830

Tip us?

GTraymond2820
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Looking for android 2.3.4 for my GT S5830

I cant find the firmware to flash with odin, most of them are taking me to hotfile but it was already deleted anyone can help me find the link?

maxidad35
Old
Thanks Meter 39
You can find it in samfirmware.com

Enviado desde mi GT-S5830 usando Tapatalk

zeppman1979
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock Firmware S5830 - Different Versions

Hello All,

New here and was wondering why when installing different stock firmwares from Sam Firmware the website for my Samsung S5830 (this is for use in Latin America - Mexico), when installing let's say a European stock firmware which is newer than the stock firmware that Samsung release for Latin America (2.3.4 vs 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 or 2.3.7), using Odin it allows you to install the firmware that you are trying to use but it never boots up and keeps cycling through the booting images of Samsung and the logo. If the phone is flashed using the stock firmware for Latin America this does not occur at all. Procedure is run as suggested with the .ops file and the home.tar file but still does not work if you try to use European or any other firmwares.

Any clue on what could be the problem here?

Thank You

vertcam9
Old
Thanks Meter 67

DONATE TO ME
check if your GSM band frequency is same with those of Europe this could be causing the issue, or your phone is locked to a carrier.

MicroLizard
Old
Thanks Meter 200

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppman1979 View Post
Hello All,

New here and was wondering why when installing different stock firmwares from Sam Firmware the website for my Samsung S5830 (this is for use in Latin America - Mexico), when installing let's say a European stock firmware which is newer than the stock firmware that Samsung release for Latin America (2.3.4 vs 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 or 2.3.7), using Odin it allows you to install the firmware that you are trying to use but it never boots up and keeps cycling through the booting images of Samsung and the logo. If the phone is flashed using the stock firmware for Latin America this does not occur at all. Procedure is run as suggested with the .ops file and the home.tar file but still does not work if you try to use European or any other firmwares.

Thank You
After flashing new rom, try factory reset and wipe cache.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Sorry for my bad English.
'
'

Device : Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830
ROM : CM10.2 - modded - [nightly-20131206]
Kernel : MA6 Kernel [CM10.2 - 20131208]
Apps : Nova Launcher Prime | Autostarts | Seeder | Link2SD | Dodol Keyboard | Xposed - XuiMod, XVolume30, RemoveUSBStorageWarning, BlackHoloBackground, Tinted Status Bar.

Xr01d_GT
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppman1979 View Post
Hello All,

Thank You
After flashing, wipe cache and data.
Device: GT-S5830
ROM: CyanogenMod 7.2 Custom Built with JellyBean Elements (Screens Below)
Kernel: Firekernel
Scripts: Adrenaline Engine™ V4.2 ; CronMod INT2EXT+ ; Fly-On Mod 2.0
Audio Mod:Beats Audio™ ; PureAudio™ Engine
CPU: 245Mhz-800Mhz Smartassv2
SDCard: Samsung 16GB Class 6 |512MB Ext3

Custom Made CyanogenMod 7.2 with JellyBean Elements