Ask a question

No registration required

Looking for android 2.3.4 for my GT S5830

OP GTraymond2820

5th April 2012, 01:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I cant find the firmware to flash with odin, most of them are taking me to hotfile but it was already deleted anyone can help me find the link?
5th April 2012, 03:00 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 39

281 posts
You can find it in samfirmware.com

Enviado desde mi GT-S5830 usando Tapatalk
5th April 2012, 04:25 AM   |  #3  
Flag Tijuana
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
Stock Firmware S5830 - Different Versions
Hello All,

New here and was wondering why when installing different stock firmwares from Sam Firmware the website for my Samsung S5830 (this is for use in Latin America - Mexico), when installing let's say a European stock firmware which is newer than the stock firmware that Samsung release for Latin America (2.3.4 vs 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 or 2.3.7), using Odin it allows you to install the firmware that you are trying to use but it never boots up and keeps cycling through the booting images of Samsung and the logo. If the phone is flashed using the stock firmware for Latin America this does not occur at all. Procedure is run as suggested with the .ops file and the home.tar file but still does not work if you try to use European or any other firmwares.

Any clue on what could be the problem here?

Thank You
5th April 2012, 06:43 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 67

282 posts
Donate to Me
More
check if your GSM band frequency is same with those of Europe this could be causing the issue, or your phone is locked to a carrier.
5th April 2012, 08:17 AM   |  #5  
Flag Bandung, ID
Thanks Meter: 203

247 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppman1979

Hello All,

New here and was wondering why when installing different stock firmwares from Sam Firmware the website for my Samsung S5830 (this is for use in Latin America - Mexico), when installing let's say a European stock firmware which is newer than the stock firmware that Samsung release for Latin America (2.3.4 vs 2.3.5 or 2.3.6 or 2.3.7), using Odin it allows you to install the firmware that you are trying to use but it never boots up and keeps cycling through the booting images of Samsung and the logo. If the phone is flashed using the stock firmware for Latin America this does not occur at all. Procedure is run as suggested with the .ops file and the home.tar file but still does not work if you try to use European or any other firmwares.

Thank You

After flashing new rom, try factory reset and wipe cache.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk
5th April 2012, 04:04 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 132

435 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeppman1979

Hello All,

Thank You

After flashing, wipe cache and data.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread