[ROM] 2.3.6 VictoryRom v1.1 Nothing Special.. It's Simple. 29/03/12

Search This thread

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
I like what you have done with the status bar. You ought to be nice and upload it for us. ;) :)

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

If i did that, then how would you guys learn for yourselves?:)
I suppose i could post the system files, then you would have to push them individually (because i don't know how, and haven't tried, to make a flashable zip yet)...
..but i wanna get the reboot option in the power menu first - hopefully I'll get time to do that this weekend..

Sent from my mind using XDA

T

tmease1

I know how to do it. I just thought you might want to share because it looks worthy of posting. Ill make my own, no problem.

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
Yes, exactly, but when using Kitchen I uploaded the files from the Victory rom zip, not my then current system files (framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk). So I can assume the mod for the 1% is not in either of those files. Kitchen spits out a zip that doesn't work to flash; have replace the "update-binary" in the Kitchen zip with that same file from the Victory zip. Let me know if the two part flash works for you if you end up trying it.
Alright, just tried it....flashed JWM 28's 1% mod, rebooted, booted into CWM, wiped cache partition, wiped davlik cache, flashed your 1% mod, rebooted............

Worked like a charm!

Thanks for your help with this, couldn't have done it without ya ;)

1333512870150.png

1333512896668.png

Last edited:

loderjm

Apr 7, 2011
Schweet. Glad it worked for you. For those that would want to change the battery icon after doing this, Rom Toolbox is pretty handy and a little easier to use than UOT Kitchen.

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
Here's a 1% battery mod I made from UOT Kitchen that will keep the theming from the Victory Rom. Was my first time using the Kitchen, so anyone who wants to flash the mod acknowledges doing so at their own risk. Everything is working on mine however.

I had flashed the other 1% mod and had a similar experience as 916's. Mainly some of the theming of Victory was lost. With my mod, the small blue checkmarks and download arrows are back. :)

Intructions:
1. Download zip to SD card
2. Enter CWM
(Do not need to do full wipe; i.e. do not wipe data!)
3. Wipe cache
4. Wipe dalvik cache
5. Flash zip
6. Reboot

Walla!
Let me know if it works for you

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25341396/1percent4victory.zip

I think you need to update the services.jar as well - or just copy the one from JRW's mods to include in your zip for it to work directly... maybe..

loderjm

Apr 7, 2011
I think you need to update the services.jar as well - or just copy the one from JRW's mods to include in your zip for it to work directly... maybe..

Thanks. That makes sense. I've added JRW's services.jar to the framework folder of my prior zip. I assume it would work as one step now, though not sure if you can just throw files into the zip and have it flash correctly. Anyone know or want to test? ;)

I take no responsibility for bricking someone's phone, though I would feel bad.

Here's the new download:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25341396/1percentvictory.zip

Credit of course goes to JRW for the 1%
Thanks to alteredlikeness (assuming it works, otherwise... j/k)

T

tmease1

Flashed this and I can confirm it works.

Last edited:

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
@loderjm: did you update the updater-script and re-sign the zip after adding the services.jar file? If not, it may have been a fluke - i tried your zip on my phone and it worked, but I already had the proper services.jar file installed..
_______

Well, as for myself, I finally figured out this whole flashable zip thing... i think.
Here's a few 1% batt mods for VictoryROM (Thanks JRW, Googler, and those from which i stole/borrowed and learned - if I am stepping on anyone's toes, please let me know and I will take 'em down, or credit you)..

I modded my lockscreen, checkboxes, etc. on my phone, but these zips will only change the battery, and keep the rest of the Victory theme on your phone (for those of you who like the small checkboxes:)).

Everything should be in working order (though, I only actually tested the vertical and circle mods)..
Install through CWM Recovery as per usual..
Wipe cache and dalvik..
Install zip..
Reboot.

Flash at your own risk! If something goes wrong, it's on you..

Last edited:

loderjm

Apr 7, 2011
@loderjm: did you update the updater-script and re-sign the zip after adding the services.jar file? If not, it may have been a fluke - i tried your zip on my phone and it worked, but I already had the proper services.jar file installed..

I simply added the services.jar to the zip file in the framework folder (dragged and dropped within Windows 7). Did nothing with the updater-script (other than that I had originally used the one contained in the Victory Rom zip) and to be honest don't know the process to re-sign a zip.

Before I F-up my phone or someone else's, can you help me understand those two processes? I appreciate it.

Edit: So doing some Googling, I now understand the purpose of these two processes.

Updater-script: Does the script specify what files within a folder on the zip get added to the respective folder on the phone? Or does the script just say, move any file in the zip's folder to the respective folder on the phone? If the latter is true, could this be why my zip worked?

Re-signing the zip: Do you think because I didn't extract all the files in the zip and re-compress/zip it, and only threw a new file in, that it maintained the original signature? Sounds like programs like 7zip will retain the signature, but not sure if Windows 7 would do it as well.

I look forward to your or anyone's insight.

Last edited:
T

tmease1

There is no need for you to explain your actions. I flashed your zip and it worked fine. I do what you did to cwm zips all the time without any problems. Don't sweat it. Thanks for posting the file for us to use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

loderjm

Apr 7, 2011
No worries. Just trying to understand how some this all works. Good to know that you can add files to the zip. Thanks

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
I simply added the services.jar to the zip file in the framework folder (dragged and dropped within Windows 7). Did nothing with the updater-script (other than that I had originally used the one contained in the Victory Rom zip) and to be honest don't know the process to re-sign a zip.

Before I F-up my phone or someone else's, can you help me understand those two processes? I appreciate it.

Edit: So doing some Googling, I now understand the purpose of these two processes.

Updater-script: Does the script specify what files within a folder on the zip get added to the respective folder on the phone? Or does the script just say, move any file in the zip's folder to the respective folder on the phone? If the latter is true, could this be why my zip worked?

Re-signing the zip: Do you think because I didn't extract all the files in the zip and re-compress/zip it, and only threw a new file in, that it maintained the original signature? Sounds like programs like 7zip will retain the signature, but not sure if Windows 7 would do it as well.

I look forward to your or anyone's insight.

From my (limited) understanding, the updater-script will do what you tell it to.. it will replace the respective folders and/or files on your phone with those on the zip. Check out and compare a couple different updater-scripts (use Notepad++ to view/edit). In the script I used, it just overwrites the system files included in the zip by folder - it only references the /system folder (none of the individual folders or files in /system are mentioned in the script). I think in your script it was listed to remove and install each file separately (each file name was referenced - that's why I assumed it would need to be updated since you added another file: services.jar).

Signing the zip will automatically update the MANIFEST.MF, and the two CERT files. These are just lists (or manifests) of the files included in the zip (except the CERT.RSA - think that's just a generic file that is needed). To sign zips I use this tool: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=997180
Just make sure you delete any old MANIFEST and CERT files before you zip with 7zip, PeaZip, or whatever, then drop that zip in the Sign+ tool window, hit sign, and it will create/insert the 3 files mentioned above and create a signed copy of your zip.

Hope this helps explain a bit. Again, my knowledge is limited as I am still learning myself. If anyone can add more to this, please do..

Reactions: loderjm

bimmerd00d

Jan 24, 2008
Anyone else notice the voice dication icon missing from the keyboard? How can i get that back?

T

tmease1

No. I haven't seen that at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer: I am not responsible for loss, damages or any other kind of issue that can arise from installing this ROM.

I'm not into overclocking + heavy Themes so I make my own Roms. Once I feel comfortable I post it (Removing all possible bugs). Like most of us, I like Mod's and extras. Thanks to all the dev's who worked on Mod's.

I'm sure some of you wanted something like this... I hope u enjoy. and yes everything works (GPS with CWM on Boot etc). I will be out of country for a month starting tomorrow. :) So ur on ur OWN. Guys please help each other. Thanks.

Based on 2.3.6

What is VictoryRom?
    1. Deodexed, Zipaligned, ROOTED
    2.Pull down notification settings
    3.Build.prop tweaks
    4.Droid Razr bootanimation
    5.Beats Audio
    6.Sony Bravia Engine
    7.Lightly ICS Themed
    8. Ad Block (host files). Personally I'm not into Ad block cos many Dev's create free apps cos of it.. But many users want Ad-Block so I added.
    9. Few fonts from ICS.(Roboto as Default Font)
    10. Extended WIFI Scan Interval to get more battery.
    11.Webtop via HDMI
    12. APN Lists (more added)

DOWNLOAD

Installation Instructions - THIS IS A INSTALL ZIP (NOT BACKUP)
    1.Put zip on sdcard
    2.Back Up apps with Titanium backup
    3.Make CWM backup
    4.Wipe DATA(Factory Format),WIPE Cache and WIPE dalvik cache
    5.flash zip

Thank u all... If u want name next to your mod's let me know...BIG THANKS TO alteredlikeness For keeping Victory alive.
    ScreenShots and Updates

w4LE1.png
    CV1jY.png
    jM4gA.png

1GWnR.png
    qptr6.png
    UOQSb.png

RUcWY.png
    Mods/Themes for Victory

Mirror for VictoryROM: VictoryROM1.1.zip

Since I've been pm'd about the mods I put together for this rom a few times, I thought I would put up the links to the original posts here so you don't need to go digging through the entire thread...

Please read the posts as they include pics (for the most part), and describe (for the most part) what will be affected by the zip.
    ***NOTE: All of these zips should work on any of the deodexed roms based on 2.3.6 - but, they will most likely change some other aspects of the theme, as everything here was based on the VictoryROM v1.1 theme.***

These will only change the battery.

These are for the reboot option in power menu.

These will change the phone signal bars and pulldown toggles (the altTheme one will change the battery, power menu, pulldown, and lockscreen too).

This one will change the battery, lockscreen, and power menu.

The download links should all still be working. So, flash and enjoy!

Again, thanks to Googler_1976 for the great and stable base rom. Though your time with us was short lived, your wonderful creation will live on!! :) (LOL)

_______
    CREDITS (been meaning to do this for a while):

-First of all it's Googler_1976's base, so a lot of credit goes the him and where ever he got/made the stuff from - I don't know the details.

-The 1% batteries were partially borrowed from other roms and/or mods, and partially by me - I honestly do not fully remember from where :eek:, but I know for sure that I borrowed the services.jar, and possibly a couple xmls from the values folder in the framework-res (I mean, around 200 or so lines in the public.xml alone...) -Thank you who ever took the time originally! lfaber06? JRW28, maybe?

-Reboot in power menu was by me with help from a couple how-to's (mainly here, thanks spear1403). But, I'm sure I compared with the others previously made around here by JRW & Cogeary (used in SCV5.2).

-Images and icons, etc.: oh, boy... ummm, from here and there...:D. I did at one time get permission from edint3000 to use Team Carbon themes (that's where the blue wavy phone signal came from, i think). Some of them, I edited or made myself with GIMP (e.g. the sleep icon in the latest reboot option zip - just copied the power button, which is stock samsung i believe). And, those battery .pngs are floating all over the place (e.g. here, and here). Those latest dropdown toggles I found are really nice - I'll have to track those down again..

If anybody recognizes their personal work, please let me know, kindly, by PM.

(If anyone has any further questions about these mods, please feel free to pm me.)
    Reboot in Power Menu for Victory 1.1

Finally got the reboot option in power menu working!

In the first attachment, I kept all of the Victory1.1 themeing and included the vertical 1% batt mod (it's the closest match to the v1.1 batt icon).

The second attachment has the 1% circle batt, a modified lockscreen, and close to stock checkboxes.
    1333714914266.jpg

1333714932591.jpg

1333714994513.jpg

Note: You won't get the modded wifi and phone signal (for those mods, see http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24765078&postcount=139)...

I hope Googler doesn't mind.. but since he's gone until next month...

Via CWM..
    Wipe cache & dalvik..
    Install zip..
    Reboot (will take a few minutes)..

------
    EDIT: Updated 1% circle reboot file 4/12/12 (added the services.jar - 1% increments should work directly now)
    Ok I hate fileserve so I added a dropbox mirror

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23154/VictoryROM1.1.zip