Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,673 Members 41,271 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TESTING] XDAndroid GBX0C 2.3.7 Build

Tip us?

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDog2pt0 View Post
Also, who made the XDAndroid bootup logo?
lol, you're going into the wayback machine in the project... This thread is the 'contest' for the boot animation, lugiber definitely submitted a lot of great ones - and one of his eventually did win.

His favorite of mine was the drunken droid, but he submitted many!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfc_m_drake View Post
It's interesting that you say that. One of the things I was going to report was that the battery meter seems to be not reporting accurately with the newest 3.2 kernel (which is what I'm running).

The reason I say that is because when I booted back to WinMo the other night, the battery indicator in WinMo told me that I had drained substantially farther than XDA just had.

Granted, the battery meter was never great to begin with, but it had been better 'lately'.

So, I'd say this is more of an observation rather than a bug report. I wonder if you (or others) are seeing the same thing and that the battery is being reported as 'more full' than it really is???
The battery meter has always been off. jonpry (very talented developer) wrote a completely different batt algo - that even changed how polling worked, how it was calculated in sleep, and even designed a way to do 'mini-wakes' in order to get accurate battery readings. It worked great - but only for RHOD so it never made it mainline.

ACL was working to reverse-engineer the algo's from WinMo, with the hopes that we could at least get more sensible meters, as the current way we calculate battery life is very broken (as everyone knows).

There's a battery calibration app, which I hear helps in short bursts - but in reality we need to fix the algo.

CodaHighland
Old
Thanks Meter 24
http://pastebin.com/ju7YEsLK

Latest phone mishap, a call that wouldn't hang up. Will inspect later, just dropping this off for now.

fortunz
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by agibby5 View Post
I've been noticing very poor battery performance in this build. In FRX, I would only charge every 2 days. With this build, the phone dies once around noon and is dead when I wake in the morning... so I'm having to charge 2x per day. Anyone else noticing anything similar?
Would you mind installing xdaledregime from your androidapps folder (by moving it to the root folder instead of a sub folder) and turning on the top option, amber if awake, green if asleep)? Then turn off your device and see if the led turns green?

I have been having sleep trouble. I turned in all my logs, but no smoking gun was found. I tweaked things a little since then (minfrees), and after it has been in android for 12-48 hours, it will start sleeping now, but it's very inconsistent. If there are more cases like mine, maybe it will help diagnose the problem.

mpannen
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I've been using this package for a few days with a 3.2.11 kernel on my rhod400 and I am absolutely amazed at how well it is working! I haven't tried android on my tp2 in over a year and I am amazed how far it has come.

I have no complaints about battery life, I have been able to go all day now with moderate use. One weird issue I have been having is with vibration always enabled I never get vibration with new emails and sms. hmm. Other than that way to go!

numero9
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Might be a dumb question but I finally got myself a larger capacity micro SD for this Touch Pro 2. I restored everything from my previous build on it through Titanium Backup but it seems that it's all going to "Phone" which maxes out really quickly. I understand it all goes to the SD card but there seems to be a large list of programs I can't move to "SD Card" in Android and are taking up phone space. Any idea how to clear this up so it eats away at the capacity for the "SD Card" which is considerably bigger?

fishingmedic
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by numero9 View Post
Might be a dumb question but I finally got myself a larger capacity micro SD for this Touch Pro 2. I restored everything from my previous build on it through Titanium Backup but it seems that it's all going to "Phone" which maxes out really quickly. I understand it all goes to the SD card but there seems to be a large list of programs I can't move to "SD Card" in Android and are taking up phone space. Any idea how to clear this up so it eats away at the capacity for the "SD Card" which is considerably bigger?
You can make your data.img larger which then gives you more space, however keep in mind the more apps you have the more chances you have of creating issues. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=824154
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 16GB Pebble Blue
Recovery: PhilZ
ROM: Wicked X v6.0
Modem: ND8
Kernel: KT747
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishingmedic For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frostyguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Finally trying out the latest GBX0B, and upon start up, keeps restarting with the flying androids over and over again. Using RHOD400 and htc-msm-linux-20120227_213021-package.tar.bz2.

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3371

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyguy View Post
Finally trying out the latest GBX0B, and upon start up, keeps restarting with the flying androids over and over again. Using RHOD400 and htc-msm-linux-20120227_213021-package.tar.bz2.
Is that the bundled kernel? Start with what's bundled.

Are you reusing a data.img? Please start fresh if so. ts-calibration is literally the only thing you can reuse from FRX.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frostyguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Got it to work, i think it was because I turned on the wifi, everything is smooth and gravy now. Thanks again arrrghhh.

JDog2pt0
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Trying out SetCPU. Have it set fairly default when the screen is on. 245min 691max (oc) w/ screen on. Using conservative govenor (slower scaling). However with the screen off, 128min 320max also using conservative govenor. We'll see how it goes in terms of SoD, waking speeds, overall speed, and battery life <- the main thing I'm looking to improve. I'll watch it over the week.