Originally Posted by mrjaredbeta
Well, I am new to this forum because I recently bought a Galaxy Player. This is my first Android device and I have rooted it using SOC. I have installed clockworkmod but there is no option for the Galaxy Player. I have downloaded the ICS rom for the 5.0 USA version and I am just a complete noob to custom roms. Can anyone direct me to a goods tutorial on this or just a quick rundown on how to do it, I am just a really confused 14 year old... Thanks
just pretend you didn't do any of that and...
1. download odin3 v1.3
2. download the samsung usb drivers and install them, i can't remember where i got them
3. plug phone into usb, turn off while plugged in, turn back on while holding volume down (maybe it was up?)
4. go into odin and click the pda button and select...
5. this file
and press "start" (i think that's what it's labeled)
6. the phone will reboot itself back to normal
7. copy this zip
onto your sd.
8. turn the phone off, and turn back on while holding volume up
9. back that **** up, i dunno what the hell it's labeled
10. wipe data/cache/dalvik (dalik is under advanced)
11. choose to install zip from sd, choose the "this zip" from step 7
12. choose install from zip again -> ICS ROM you downloaded
13. reboot, try out ICS for 2 seconds
14. turn off, boot into recovery (the volume up + power **** we keep doing)
15. install from zip -> Google Apps zip
16. reboot and enjoy ICS and google apps and all the other cool stuff the internet has to offer