Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Do you own a Peeble smartwatch?
Yes, I already own it! 7 8.97%
No, but I'm planning to buy one. 16 20.51%
No, and I'm not interested. 55 70.51%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

[Android 2.2+] MissedIt! -Text-based notifications for missed calls/SMS/e-mails/apps

OP igece

5th April 2012, 09:31 AM   |  #921  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alcorcón (Madrid)
Thanks Meter: 131
 
359 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Well, seems that with the latest version of Gmail Google has finally implemented a public API to allow third party apps to retrieve unread counters, so my previous post has become a bit outdated now, as I'm working to make use of this new API.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igece

For all of you using a "fixed" version of Gmail, so Missed It! can monitor new messages more accurately:

I have changed the way the application monitor Gmail messages. Next version will not need to access to the Gmail database anymore to be able to monitor it in a per-account basis, so the "fixed" Gmail version will not be necessary at all.

However, the meaning of these notifications will change slighty. Until now, this number represented the number of "unread" emails. Starting from next release, this number should be treated as "new emails", in the same way as if you were monitoring Gmail as any other regular app.



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus
5th April 2012, 09:30 PM   |  #922  
Tirozz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Allright, thanks for the quick reply! I'll await the next version then I guess.

Sometimes MissedIt forces closes when I try to share a photo on whatsapp. I have absolutely no idea what this could be related to, maybe I should reinstall the application after updating to ICS, don't know
5th April 2012, 09:36 PM   |  #923  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alcorcón (Madrid)
Thanks Meter: 131
 
359 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Can you send me a log report if you get another FC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirozz

Allright, thanks for the quick reply! I'll await the next version then I guess.

Sometimes MissedIt forces closes when I try to share a photo on whatsapp. I have absolutely no idea what this could be related to, maybe I should reinstall the application after updating to ICS, don't know



Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus
7th April 2012, 03:08 PM   |  #924  
Tirozz's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Just now send you ons! It only happens when I have Wifi disabled... Weird!

Could be related to something else, 2 other apps also have issues without wifi..

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA
7th April 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #925  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Looks like a nice app.
But the new line command doesn't work
10th April 2012, 12:31 AM   |  #926  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 4
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUsoKUso

Looks like a nice app.
But the new line command doesn't work

A interesting app. I will try it and rate on play store.
11th April 2012, 11:37 PM   |  #927  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by igece

Well, seems that with the latest version of Gmail Google has finally implemented a public API to allow third party apps to retrieve unread counters, so my previous post has become a bit outdated now, as I'm working to make use of this new API.





Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Will the new version you're working on be like how the widget use to be (before Google decided to change their Gmail app)?
12th April 2012, 12:05 AM   |  #928  
OP Senior Member
Flag Alcorcón (Madrid)
Thanks Meter: 131
 
359 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by EH15

Will the new version you're working on be like how the widget use to be (before Google decided to change their Gmail app)?

Better It will also allow you to select what label do you want to monitor for any (gmail) account.
12th April 2012, 09:27 AM   |  #929  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
155 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by igece

Better It will also allow you to select what label do you want to monitor for any (gmail) account.

That's awesome. I can't wait.
12th April 2012, 10:44 AM   |  #930  
Member
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 15
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
i will download it when i had ICS

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
calls, mail, notifications, sms, widget
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes