Unlocked R800X - run Sony ICS stock beta as a daily driver on your R800X - the easy way
This is purposed for the stock R800i rom to run on the R800X. Since the information is somewhat scattered in the threads I thought I would bundle it with instructions to help other R800X owners that want to use a completely stock rom with root. This assumes you have an unlocked R800x and know how to get fastboot working. Everything seems to work except MMS.
First a disclaimer...
-I did not create anything here so credit truly goes to Doomlord, Chevyowner, Sony, Google and anyone that contributes to XDA
-This is intended for informational purposes only. Although I hope it works for you, I really dont care if your phone goes up in smoke so use at your own risk. :)
Now lets have fun!
1) I gathered all the files you will need from XDA and Sony for this:
2) Extract the contents of the above file to c:\ICS using winrar
3) Copy all the *.zip files from the above folder to your phone's SD card
4) Boot device into fastboot mode. With the device off, hold the magnify glass button while connecting the usb cord. If all goes well you see a blue led. If not search forum about your fastboot problems.
5) Flash doomlord's ics beta kernel via fastboot. (this is so we can install from zip and also roots the new rom)
fastboot flash boot c:\ics\doom-ics.img
6) Boot to CWM - keep pressing the magnify glass button right after powering on the device
7) Wipe cache, data, dalvik cache and reboot
8) Boot device to fastboot again
9) Flash sony beta rom files (takes a while so be patient)
fastboot flash system c:\ics\system.img
fastboot flash userdata c:\ics\userdata.img
10) Boot to CWM - keep pressing the magnify glass button right after powering on the device
11) 'Install from zip' all the zip files you copied to your device earlier. Including gapps, doomlords ics boot animation, and cdma
12) Flash stock kernal (fix wifi without loading modules)
fastboot flash boot c:\ics\boot.img
13) To get cell data working - go to settings, xperia, internet settings and click accept
Hope this helps someone. Good luck!