Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[DEV][ICS+SENSE][Mar.20.2012]HTC One V development[Source+RUU]

OP Tribulattifather

5th April 2012, 08:34 AM   |  #21  
jioleight's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag CEBU CITY
Thanks Meter: 49
 
366 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
so any devs working on a build based on this?
5th April 2012, 08:52 AM   |  #22  
withbloodskies's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Rancho Cucamonga
Thanks Meter: 516
 
2,203 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jioleight

so any devs working on a build based on this?

Well.. pretty much every good sense dev has left the og dinc.
Tribulattifather I'm assuming is going to try and get this running with a fair amount of help and kernel support. If it does run sometime soon, it would be amazing but don't hold your breath.

We only have a few good devs supporting the dinc still, either way this is a godsend and I'm hoping it runs smooth considering the specs in One V. It's actually kinda amazing, ics+sense combo and its running off 512ram. I think we will just have a problem with things working.

Either way huge thanks to Tribulatti for bringing this, here's hoping for the best!

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to withbloodskies For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 09:14 AM   |  #23  
Hero's Avatar
Recognized Developer
West Hollywood
Thanks Meter: 4,807
 
1,284 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Donate to Me
I'm helping him with the project and I think Tiny is going to take a look at the kernel (?)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hero For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 12:20 PM   |  #24  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,323
 
8,045 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureMotive

I'm helping him with the project and I think Tiny is going to take a look at the kernel (?)

I''ll have to try to look at this this afternoon.

While not an expert on roms, I think we may be best off starting with a GB ramdisk and hacking at it to get it work. Still keep the AOSP ICS zImage (kernel) thouh. I would think a Ramdisk from a Sense 3.5 ROM may be a good starting point and the zImage should be from a stock AOSP ICS kernel such as the one included in cm9 or abduction 2.0. If we get stuck maybe we could nicely ask nilsp or newtoroot or joelz for help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiny4579 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 01:49 PM   |  #25  
Tribulattifather's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
╠▒╣New╬York╠▒╣
Thanks Meter: 1,834
 
2,933 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

I''ll have to try to look at this this afternoon.

While not an expert on roms, I think we may be best off starting with a GB ramdisk and hacking at it to get it work. Still keep the AOSP ICS zImage (kernel) thouh. I would think a Ramdisk from a Sense 3.5 ROM may be a good starting point and the zImage should be from a stock AOSP ICS kernel such as the one included in cm9 or abduction 2.0. If we get stuck maybe we could nicely ask nilsp or newtoroot or joelz for help.

Not a bad idea at all, mate. I will start doing this immediately. And hopefully some of the og chefs/devs will take a look at this too.
5th April 2012, 03:46 PM   |  #26  
nitsuj17's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 17,089
 
10,086 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

I''ll have to try to look at this this afternoon.

While not an expert on roms, I think we may be best off starting with a GB ramdisk and hacking at it to get it work. Still keep the AOSP ICS zImage (kernel) thouh. I would think a Ramdisk from a Sense 3.5 ROM may be a good starting point and the zImage should be from a stock AOSP ICS kernel such as the one included in cm9 or abduction 2.0. If we get stuck maybe we could nicely ask nilsp or newtoroot or joelz for help.

the method used on the msm7x30 devices (wont work as easily for older ones) is this:

any zimage from an ics aosp rom is fine (actually any zimage from gb cuz theyre all .35 anyway is fine but the ics ones have edits in them for some changes)

in the one v ramdisk you need to rename any of the files with "primo" or whatever to "inc" ie init.promo.rc

from there the rom boots for us on msm7x30 (inc s, inc2, dhd, ds, et all)...obviously a lot more changes are made to the ramdisk afterwards but step 1 is to get it booting first

i had originally planned to work on it, but my android time has been cut significantly lately, and the inc2 is my priority

hope you guys get it worked out
The Following User Says Thank You to nitsuj17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #27  
Tribulattifather's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
╠▒╣New╬York╠▒╣
Thanks Meter: 1,834
 
2,933 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Donate to Me
That is exactly what I did. But I did notice a flaw in my design, so i'll be uploading a new port with fixed files soon. I hope it doesn't take hours like last night being as no one should be online atm compared to last night (DSL _-_ ).
5th April 2012, 06:52 PM   |  #28  
nitsuj17's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 17,089
 
10,086 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribulattifather

That is exactly what I did. But I did notice a flaw in my design, so i'll be uploading a new port with fixed files soon. I hope it doesn't take hours like last night being as no one should be online atm compared to last night (DSL _-_ ).

whats the log saying when it doesnt boot? does it at least make it to boot ani?
5th April 2012, 08:36 PM   |  #29  
Tribulattifather's Avatar
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
╠▒╣New╬York╠▒╣
Thanks Meter: 1,834
 
2,933 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Donate to Me
HERE is the newer port.

I have used a different AOSP ICS CM9 zImage,
Changed a few things in the updater-script,
and deodexed a few more apps that I quite couldn't get to work before.

I don't exactly get to a bootanimation, but it does change the screen right after initially booting.

However,

Code:
adb logcat -v long > C:\users\mine\desktop\logcat.txt
doesn't let me see any info.

What is the best way to get a log?
The Following User Says Thank You to Tribulattifather For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th April 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #30  
nitsuj17's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 17,089
 
10,086 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribulattifather

HERE is the newer port.

I have used a different AOSP ICS CM9 zImage,
Changed a few things in the updater-script,
and deodexed a few more apps that I quite couldn't get to work before.

I don't exactly get to a bootanimation, but it does change the screen right after initially booting.

However,

Code:
adb logcat -v long > C:\users\mine\desktop\logcat.txt
doesn't let me see any info.

What is the best way to get a log?

check in the terminal first to see if logcat is even running ie

adb logcat

if its spitting stuff out then stop it and output

adb logcat > whateveryouwanttocallit.txt

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes