Search This thread

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
LOL i forgot that i was testing the gpu performance and kept on playing shadowgun :)
the game is running smoothly
with the i8150 drivers the game would slight lag while shooting those spider like robots
now it's working smoothly

but i haven't reached the level where it lags the most,
i'll give more feedback soon.

the textures seem to be more eye watering :)

Reactions: rykn21x

rykn21x

Feb 26, 2012
LOL i forgot that i was testing the gpu performance and kept on playing shadowgun :)
the game is running smoothly
with the i8150 drivers the game would slight lag while shooting those spider like robots
now it's working smoothly

but i haven't reached the level where it lags the most,
i'll give more feedback soon.

the textures seem to be more eye watering :)

LOL this is what I wanted to hear! hehehe I guess you got caught up playing... :D keep us posted! hehehe

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
lol , i pushed the egl's from the I8150 value pack, plz don't tell me i did it in vein :D
i don't have any high ghraphics games installed, so i tested on NFS hot Persuit and i felt a little "tilt" every now and then , on antutu i got 917 for 3D that's y i decided to go for the I8150 egls :rolleyes:

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
Who said i'm satisfied ?
this what samsung want's (to shut us all up and not ask for the ics update, iy the SE neo v can get ics then why can't we)
I still want an ics update :)

Last edited:

rahilsayed

Sep 13, 2011
Mumbai
Ya man need the ics badly....i m gonna w8 till someone make a custom rom out of this
Is there anyone working on it ?
plzz add new graphics update coz it seems old driver in this update

i want new gpu drivers in custom rom with this value pack update and the topic must nw be changed or removed,coz its released and confirmed

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA Premium App

Gusta_HR

Aug 13, 2011
Velika Gorica
Who said i'm satisfied ?
I still want an ics update :)

Where is the difference? Laggy memory hungry ginger or exactly same ****ty Ics? I tried lots of custom ics roms on htc phones and allways went back to pure AOSP CM7 experience...fast and clean.

P.s. im not selling my htc dhd cause it will receive official ics update, i return it back in a box to rest a while till ota ics arrive.

Guys, i've seen that..trust me ICS is not holy grail you're looking for.

Sent from my GT-I9001

Last edited:

kellermanv

Dec 31, 2011
Tîrgu Mureş
So what exactly are those LOTS of bugs ?

from what you people posted, it's the widget one and that's pretty much it.

Install GO Launcher -> profit.

Anything else serious ? wi-fi it's working. dropping wifi was the major problem in kq7, if that's fixed, i see no reason to say that it's "full of bugs".

ahsanjavaid

Jan 1, 2012
Jeddah
Bugs:
1- icons sort again like default after clearing RAM.
2-wifi issues like some apps are not detecting wifi connection
3-still black screen for some seconds before calling.
4-battery issues are there also.
5-RAM useage is more as bloatware is more or becuase of tw4.

Overall speed of phone is increased.performance is well some one please update new gpu drivers becuase still old drivers.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA

kellermanv

Dec 31, 2011
Tîrgu Mureş
Bugs:

Overall speed of phone is increased.performance is well some one please update new gpu drivers becuase still old drivers.

1. Go Launcher
2. never encountered those. but wifi is dropping after a long sleeptime, luckily, we can always install KQ1 modem, which i think will fix it (anybody tried?).
3. i think there was a build.prop fix for that.
4. what battery issues ?
5. nah, it's the same as before.

BackDaws

Oct 19, 2011
England
1. Go Launcher
2. never encountered those. but wifi is dropping after a long sleeptime, luckily, we can always install KQ1 modem, which i think will fix it (anybody tried?).
3. i think there was a build.prop fix for that.
4. what battery issues ?
5. nah, it's the same as before.

If youre gonna use Go launcher whats the point in updating to the Value pack, just stick to KQ1 and install go launcher.

The point is this ROM is pure **** and no effort has gone into making it, its just an old rom with a few bits badly bolted on, the ****ing DEVS on here that do this for free wouldnt release a rom in the state this is in.

its an embarrassment!

Also the speed increase and fluid feel is the placibo effect of a fresh new install, give it a few weeks and itll be just as laggy.

nail16

Nov 20, 2011
Mumbai
Bugs:

Those bug's can be avoided, by doing a factory reset *2767*3855# after flashing the rom,
tw4 work's fine for me now.

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
Also the speed increase and fluid feel is the placibo effect of a fresh new install, give it a few weeks and itll be just as laggy.

i would highly agree on this point, it will even appear in a couple of days of normal use, but it has a solution, either flash skyhigh 1.4 kernel with the tweaks it contains, or use supercharger script and chose to drop system cache :)

Richieboy67

Dec 10, 2011
CT
www.talkdevelopment.net
Hey guys, can someone please put up a link or pm me the link to download?

Also, can you guys explain on what this value pack is and how to install? I mean will it replace my current rom? What kernel works best? is it just a theme? Etc...

Seeing that this is a thread for this valuepack, it only seems right that someone mentions the basics..

Thanks much guys..

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

rayiskon

Jan 9, 2011
Hey guys, can someone please put up a link or pm me the link to download?

Also, can you guys explain on what this value pack is and how to install? I mean will it replace my current rom? What kernel works best? is it just a theme? Etc...

Seeing that this is a thread for this valuepack, it only seems right that someone mentions the basics..

Thanks much guys..

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

this is the main thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1581193
it's a full rom, not a theme, a full wipe is recommended of course.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The value pack is already disappointing, The i9000 users haven't got any performance boost, Games still lag (Fifia 2012)
    this just shows that samsung released this so called "value pack" not to improve the phone Functionality but to shut people up who were asking For the ics update,
    cause the benchmark scores are the same no boost in I/O also.

And i know they'll do the same to us, cause these *****es are way too busy with their flag ship devices,
    Qualcomm had released new Gpu Drivers for ics For all Adreno 2xx devices that includes the Adreno 205.
    Those will be useless to us cause we won't have ics.
    I Am really pissed off at samsung Right now.
    I know this thread will be cleaned for all the Abusive word
    but what can i say i buy a phone just 6 months old from samsung and i get this crap.

So i'll say it **** YOU SAMSUNG
    Two new firmware's have just released for the i9001 for Switzerland and Germany
    on sammobile
    i'm downloading the Swiss one it seem's to be an open firmware XXKQB,
    while the German one is a Vodafone firmware VD2KP3.
    i retired my htc G1 after 3 years of rigorous use (flashing, testing, etc)... and i loved that device... gingerbread on it was lame (slow, slow, slowwwwwwwww)... everything on that device was a limit and devs tried to break every limit... crazy tweaks and customizations, ram hacks, and everything to make this device worthy as being the first android device... i am not a developer, but hats off and great respect to all the developers of the G1... and they atleast got a booting ICS rom :D

and then i got this device... the best for the price... and i love it... despite the fact that it has very few developers... samsung will eventually release an update which i am honeslty not looking forward to... it will still have to be modified by the developers here before daily use capability... and hopefully someday yarde and skywalker will bring out their work... i just hope that they dont abandon it in anyway... but still this device does everything its meant to...

and honestly for a guy who moved from G1 to SGS+... i can care less about what samsung provides us... an AOSP rom is an AOSP rom for a reason... once that is up and running i am sure you wont need any support from samsung at all...
    don't know if you already knew it but,

"sammobile announced that the VALUE PACK (last official update) will be released end of march, also for our phone I9001 :) "

unfortunately they didn't release it and we have to wait.. again.

it will include things like face unlock, a program to edit photos and some more things.

more info at sammobile.com

check if it's available here sammobile.com

after a long time waiting samsung released their "value pack" which is definitely not, what we have expected, it's worse.

our phone wont get any more updates from samsung.

download link in this thread (by nail16) : [ROM]i9001[VALUE PACK][XXKQB]

Features: (thanks Dutch.ly)

• Face Unlock;
    • Galaxy S2 Photo Editor;
    • Galaxy Note Lock-screen and new lock-screen sounds;
    • Auto-Rotation is fast – Fast switching from portrait to landscape;
    • Major I/O improvement and improved performance in browser, gallery and gaming;
    • Camera is better and can also take picture while shooting video + Minor UI Change;
    • Galaxy S II themed, mabe parts of TW4;

Screenshot of I9000's value pack (by Faryaab) :

sc20120329174545.png
    Not releasing ics for phones like ours is one of samsungs cheap tricks to increase their sales for their flag ship devices :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: (it's time when i turn into a super saiyain :))

Please transform into goku super sayain 4 and beat those koreans hard :rolleyes:;)